47 47
quade

DB Cooper

The money spot was periodically underwater, like a week before.

136587106_ScreenShot2023-11-02at10_08_40AM.png.3d580e14d84614f149fdd0fe93d092ef.png

Money was found in an upper reworked sand layer... containing pop cans and other debris, not severely damaged or rusted... (aka, fresh, NOT OLD). A soda can found in the same layer as the money was first manufactured in 1973.

The lower layer above the "dredging" layer contained older soda cans and rusted artifacts.

1634500396_ScreenShot2023-11-02at10_10_36AM.png.e5e1b83fc19e71cda4279b8224776137.png

7 hours ago, Robert99 said:

Chaucer, why don't you attend the CooperCon this year, wherever it is being held, and then pay a visit to Tena Bar and do some personal research?

One of the things you should pay attention to is the flow of river water between Caterpillar Island and the eastern shore of the Columbia River.  The water that passes between those two boundaries also passes by a marina and then re-enters the Columbia at the southern end (the upstream end) of Tena Bar.

The re-entering water flow forms what I will call a "boundary layer" between the river shoreline and the main channel flow.  These flows are dissimilar so how do you explain how the debris from the main channel flow get across that boundary layer and up on the beach at Tena Bar.

I eagerly look forward to your explanation which I assume will be quite convoluted. 

Draw us a chart, Hydroligist99 !   :seenoevil:

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 22-19-57 DB Cooper.png

Edited by georger

5 hours ago, Slim King said:

I lived there ... I jumped in Washington. That's why you guys are so far off .. Tena Bar (The part the money was planted in) is completely submerged and has been for years.

And the dinosaurs are gone toooo!  That doesnt prevent us from collecting pieces of asteroids that predate the earth and you being born!

The only sure fact is, dredging spoils were piled on Tena Bar in 1974 - everything else is a guess or worse.

Edited by georger

A rock hunter found an NWO fork that dates to that time period out in the boonies about 20 miles east of Roseburg, Oregon. Checked the map and this area is virtually right under the flight path. Obviously it could be unrelated, but that would be quite Vortexy if someone dropped an NWO fork out in the wilderness under the flight path. It's not like it helps advance the case or anything, but it's still a cool novelty item if it came from 305.  

1 minute ago, olemisscub said:

A rock hunter found an NWO fork that dates to that time period out in the boonies about 20 miles east of Roseburg, Oregon. Checked the map and this area is virtually right under the flight path. Obviously it could be unrelated, but that would be quite Vortexy if someone dropped an NWO fork out in the wilderness under the flight path. It's not like it helps advance the case or anything, but it's still a cool novelty item if it came from 305.  

Was it left handed or right handed?

During TBAR excavation in 1980..

The first thing they did was to remove all surface debris in their search area.

TBAR Just N of the search.... Money spot was behind the tree in the background.

High water mark packed (near right shoulder) with debris and low water full of debris.

702159117_ScreenShot2023-11-02at7_09_20PM.png.c64e2a46645816d7305a114fbda4bf57.png

38 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Never in my life have I seen L and R forks. WTF. I'm a lefty so I figured that I'd be aware of such a thing. 

There are far fewer Lefty forks... not many people are aware.. have you ever had food unexpectedly fall of your fork, you were probably using a right handed fork.

My wife is left handed but uses the right hand for the fork.... probably due to the lack of left handed forks growing up.

Edited by FLYJACK

12 hours ago, Slim King said:

I lived there ... I jumped in Washington. That's why you guys are so far off .. Tena Bar (The part the money was planted in) is completely submerged and has been for years.

You lived and jumped on TBAR,, back when the money spot was periodically underwater?

Was this when you were hanging with those reliable coke dealers...  who claimed to be Cooper and buried the money they got from some rando who gave the real Cooper a ride.

He intentionally buried the money in a spot that was underwater a week earlier, is that about right.

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

You lived and jumped on TBAR,, back when the money spot was periodically underwater?

Was this when you were hanging with those reliable coke dealers...  who claimed to be Cooper and buried the money they got from some rando who gave the real Cooper a ride.

He intentionally buried the money in a spot that was underwater a week earlier, is that about right.

Surely, money has washed up on other beaches somewhere in the world - some time during the history of the world! ? Can anyone cite an example and the circumstances?  Some island in the Pacific?  Some river in Idaho?  Any example anywhere? 

If money washed up on Tena Bar, it cant be the only example in human history - or is it ! ?  Fish and other crap wash up on beaches. Why not money? Why not free floating banded bundles of twenties? 

Edited by georger

15 minutes ago, georger said:

Surely, money has washed up on other beaches somewhere in the world - some time during the history of the world! ? Can anyone cite an example and the circumstances?  Some island in the Pacific?  Some river in Idaho?  Any example anywhere? 

If money washed up on Tena Bar, it cant be the only example in human history - or is it ! ?  Fish and other crap wash up on beaches. Why not money? Why not free floating banded bundles of twenties? 

5 second search...

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-08-16-mn-742-story.html

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Good! Wrapped up in sea weed ... there has to be another example ?  Find more examples. 

Do things from the Caterpillar island Marina wash up on Tena Bar?  Palmer and the FBI walked off without identifying anything found on Tena Bar.  continue .................................   did Slim King leave his underwear on Tena Bar in 1934 ? 

5 hours ago, georger said:

Good! Wrapped up in sea weed ... there has to be another example ?  Find more examples. 

Do things from the Caterpillar island Marina wash up on Tena Bar?  Palmer and the FBI walked off without identifying anything found on Tena Bar.  continue .................................   did Slim King leave his underwear on Tena Bar in 1934 ? 

People who find money aren't going to report it..  The Ingrams only called the FBI after realizing the money was too damaged and might be related to Cooper.. a high profile case.

Edited by FLYJACK

2 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

People who find money aren't going to report it..  The Ingrams only called the FBI after realizing the money was too damaged and might be related to Cooper.. a high profile case.

You grant more to human nature than I do ...  they called the Sheriff about it. That locked them in.....  the rest was fortuitous.  They probably were shocked when the Cooper connection surfaced. Genuinely shocked ... 

9 hours ago, georger said:

You grant more to human nature than I do ...  they called the Sheriff about it. That locked them in.....  the rest was fortuitous.  They probably were shocked when the Cooper connection surfaced. Genuinely shocked ... 

I thought that somebody at work mentioned the Cooper money to Dwayne...  if the money wasn't so damaged they wouldn't have reported it.. they tried to separate it and even kept 4 bills from the FBI initially.

Edited by FLYJACK

On 11/2/2023 at 4:22 PM, Robert99 said:

Chaucer, why don't you attend the CooperCon this year, wherever it is being held, and then pay a visit to Tena Bar and do some personal research?

One of the things you should pay attention to is the flow of river water between Caterpillar Island and the eastern shore of the Columbia River.  The water that passes between those two boundaries also passes by a marina and then re-enters the Columbia at the southern end (the upstream end) of Tena Bar.

The re-entering water flow forms what I will call a "boundary layer" between the river shoreline and the main channel flow.  These flows are dissimilar so how do you explain how the debris from the main channel flow get across that boundary layer and up on the beach at Tena Bar.

I eagerly look forward to your explanation which I assume will be quite convoluted. 

The hydrologist I spoke with works for the Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership. Part of their job is track river debris and where it washes up. 

Yet again, you think you're smarter than everyone else, when you're not. You're arrogance blinds you, and that's why this case has left you behind. 

3 hours ago, Chaucer said:

The hydrologist I spoke with works for the Lower Columbia Estuary Partnership. Part of their job is track river debris and where it washes up. 

Yet again, you think you're smarter than everyone else, when you're not. You're arrogance blinds you, and that's why this case has left you behind. 

Chaucer, your ego is in control again. 

First, I have never claimed to be smarter than everyone else. 

Second, I do happen to have a number of decades of training and experience that are directly relevant to the Cooper hijacking investigation.  And you obviously hold that against me.

Third, you have refused to list any training or experience that you have that is relevant to the Cooper matter.  And I don't think that is due to modesty.  Or to be more blunt, you are in over your head.

Edited by Robert99

11 minutes ago, Robert99 said:

Chaucer, your ego is in control again. 

First, I have never claimed to be smarter than everyone else. 

Second, I do happen to have a number of decades of training and experience that are directly relevant to the Cooper hijacking investigation.  And you obviously hold that against me.

Third, you have refused to list any training or experience that you have that is relevant to the Cooper matter.  And I don't think that is due to modesty.  Or to be more blunt, you are in over your head.

Yeah Ok... GIF - Yeah Ok Sure - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

So, within a few hours - perhaps less - the FBI sent this message to DC regarding the statements of the crew:

1582032628_WithinPortland2.png.b81dddd8070e9c1c10d46924ff59440f.png

Several days later, this 302 was typed up regarding Bill Rataczak's statement to the FBI:

IMG_3401.jpg.6fc9d15d30fa7e4410106311b22d2eb4.jpg

Can anyone, with any intellecutal honesty, read these statements and say they mean Lake Merwin, Battle Ground, or Orchards? To me, they clearly mean Vancouver. 

I have spoken with several people who live in the Vacouver/Portland area, and to a person, they all agree that the language used by the crew indicates a jump near/over Vancouver rather than points north. I have more evidence for this, but this is pretty convincing.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:56 PM, FLYJACK said:

Likewise, my theory isn't well explained here in this format..

But, it fits these constraints..

The "FBI" flightpath is accurate.

Cooper jumps roughly Battleground or N.

Cooper doesn't have to have survived but most likely did.

The money, all or some is stored out of the elements in or out of the money bag or some container.

In Spring 1972, on a specific date the money enters the River near the Airport, not intentionally.

The condition of the TBAR money supports this event.

The TBAR money find spot is below the water level at that time.

The money goes in the River as a "fresh" single rubber banded bundle of packets, sinks and is pushed along the bottom to the TBAR find spot.

There is some unsubstantiated supporting information in the FBI files.

This theory has the potential to identify individuals who may be related to the event/location.

As other TBAR theories,, no way to prove it.

I don't see how a landing near or north of Battle Ground allows for the money to arrive in the Columbia River without some unusual set of circumstances. Moreover, how does the money land north of Battle Ground but miraculously arrive near the Columbia River, across the river no less, near PDX? 

Then, I don't see how a single bundle survives intact while tumbling along the bottom of the Columbia River. More than likely, it would end up buried in a silt mound. Lastly, you have to have the money rises up from the depths of the Columbia River and find itself on the riverbank. 

Simply makes no sense and doesn't confine itself to the constraints of science.

Far more likely that the money bag ended up within the flood plain of the Columbia, hitched a ride with flood debris during the spring floods where the bag opened up on Tena Bar spilling out a bundle while the rest continued its journey down the Columbia. It doesn't require any complicated, convoluted, exotic, or elaborate explanations, but rather falls within natural, observable, recorded events.