47 47
quade

DB Cooper

30 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Well, not quite. He says "Fourteen witnesses have left written records of their interactions with the hijacker". He's including NWO employees not just passengers in that count. 

He's actually wrong on that count anyways. He appears to be counting Almstad and Simmons' post hijacking stories, so I'll stipulate to adding them as well as Mike Cooper. 

Crew: Scotty, Bill, Andy, Tina, Flo, Alyce

PDX: Lynse, Williams

Passengers: Mitchell, Lab, Gregory, House, Spreckel, Almstad, Cooper, Simmons.

That's 16. He forgot about Hal Williams and I guess never came across Mike Cooper.

So I guess as far as witnessing (allegedly) Cooper, you've got 13.  

Witnesses, right.  So 13 or so.  Pretty good number of people.

17 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Well damn, it appears that Simmons wasn't telling a fib on In Search Of after all

simmons.jpg

There are so many cases that might have been solved or solved sooner had those cases had as many witnesses as the DB Cooper case, or witnesses like Tina who saw him for hours.  Zodiac, Unabomber, Golden State Killer, Delphi Murders, BTK. The list goes on.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

There are so many cases that might have been solved or solved sooner had those cases had as many witnesses as the DB Cooper case, or witnesses like Tina who saw him for hours.  Zodiac, Unabomber, Golden State Killer, Delphi Murders, BTK. The list goes on.

That only matters if the person is ever seen *again.* This is perhaps an inadvertent argument in favor of him having perished...

8 minutes ago, Math of Insects said:

That only matters if the person is ever seen *again.* This is perhaps an inadvertent argument in favor of him having perished...

I was looking at it from the perspective of the other cases, all of which everyone wanted solved sooner.  Had those cases had more information about suspects, I think those would have been solved or solved sooner.  Zodiac and Delphi for instance have very little to go on in term of witness descriptions.  All the case were extremely violent too.  I would hope that if Delphi or Zodiac had 13 witnesses then there might have been a better break in those cases.  DB Cooper would be fun to solve, but to solve those cases would make a huge impact on a lot of families.

The lived/died is a whole other conversation.  As far as I'm concerned, the people who argue that he died are typically ones who just like to argue.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

Im curious - are you familiar with the work of Barb Shipman and her tracking/behavioral models? https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/quantum-honeybees  Think she was at the Univ of Texas last I knew (years ago).  I think she and her father began their work in Maine ?  Where was Cooper's hive ?  I ran across her work when I was talking to SETI search people years ago ....

What hive or small community beyond the scope of skydivers was 'buzzing' immediately after (or during) the hijacking? Any in the Portland-Vancouver-Seattle area ? Did anyone bother to tap into that resource? Any 302s about this?  

Was law enforcement outside the FBI and FAA ever supplied with the flight comm tapes or transcripts? Any 302s about that?

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

I've been thinking about it, and the Cooper hijacking really seems to present a fairly unique case of eyewitness testimony... here we have multiple different witnesses observing the same man over a long period of time, and some of these witnesses even interact directly with him several times... hell, one is sitting next to him for hours. Frankly, I can't think of another case quite like it, but I'd be curious to know if there is one... especially one with a sketch available. It would be an interesting experiment on its own actually to see how prolonged eyewitness observations contribute to presumably better composite sketches.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, georger said:

Im curious - are you familiar with the work of Barb Shipman and her tracking/behavioral models? https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/quantum-honeybees  Think she was at the Univ of Texas last I knew (years ago).  I think she and her father began their work in Maine ?  Where was Cooper's hive ?  I ran across her work when I was talking to SETI search people years ago ....

What hive or small community beyond the scope of skydivers was 'buzzing' immediately after (or during) the hijacking? Any in the Portland-Vancouver-Seattle area ? Did anyone bother to tap into that resource? Any 302s about this?  

Was law enforcement outside the FBI and FAA ever supplied with the flight comm tapes or transcripts? Any 302s about that?

Funny enough, yes I am. My committee chair wrote about her work, though in a different context.

While Chael Sonnen can be pretty much summarily dismissed, there was some interest in/talk about the idea that Cooper might have been native. There is a large amount of reservation land up not far from the LZ, and it is one community within which there might not have been any interest at all in cooperating with law enforcement. It would certainly reconcile Cooper's "silence" with the law-enforcement gospel truth that sooner or later everyone talks, or is talked about, in a way that doesn't require him to have died in the effort.

Edited by Math of Insects
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Math of Insects said:

While Chael Sonnen can be pretty much summarily dismissed, there was some interest in/talk about the idea that Cooper might have been native. There is a large amount of reservation land up not far from the LZ, and it is one community within which there might not have been any interest at all in cooperating with law enforcement. It would certainly reconcile Cooper's "silence" with the law-enforcement gospel truth that sooner or later everyone talks, or is talked about, in a way that doesn't require him to have died in the effort.

My grandfather was 1/2 Choctaw (making me 1/8th obviously) and while he looked "white" he still had the jet black hair, olive complexion, and high cheekbones that Gregory pointed out. So I've never discounted the NA angle of the story just because most people referred to Cooper as a white man.

paps.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Math of Insects said:

Funny enough, yes I am. My committee chair wrote about her work, though in a different context.

good post!  thanks...

Edited by georger

3 hours ago, olemisscub said:

My grandfather was 1/2 Choctaw (making me 1/8th obviously) and while he looked "white" he still had the jet black hair, olive complexion, and high cheekbones that Gregory pointed out. So I've never discounted the NA angle of the story just because most people referred to Cooper as a white man.

paps.png

How old would he have been in 1971? Just kidding...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Coopericane said:

How old would he have been in 1971? Just kidding...

The Native American angle is interesting.  It is interesting when you think about Cooper and the swarthy description.  It is one thing to look dark in the summer, but a whole other scenario when someone looks dark at the end of November in Oregon.

4 hours ago, olemisscub said:

Just an experiment here. Tina stated that Comp B was a very close resemblance to the hijacker, but stated that she preferred Comp A's hairline. So, here is my version of that. 

CompBNewHairlineMedium.jpg

nice job... maybe the best to date.

Edited by georger

2 minutes ago, georger said:

Missing 14 min gap - resolved with help from Ammerman (R2): ?  Edwards:

November 7, 2022

Sounds good except Roberts got the pilot wrong.. not Scott.

Rataczak was the one hand flying the plane, Captain Scott took over right before Reno to land..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FLYJACK said:

Sounds good except Roberts got the pilot wrong.. not Scott.

Rataczak was the one hand flying the plane, Captain Scott took over right before Reno to land..

Ammerman (R2) finally came through. Congrats to Edwards for staying with this!  ^.^

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, Coopericane said:

Who cares!   I mean who cares.   Revealed through lab analysis of skyjackers tie - just in time for CooperCon ?   Or just one more Ulis sales pitch ?

Why does anyone follow Ulis ?    I think in reality nobody does!  He supplies headlines to a starved population with nowhere else to go!  It has nothing to do with  "research"!  Ulis will have his ballots counted by Sept 2025 and let you all know via Press Conference what the results were in 2022. Stay tuned! 

Ulis will keep this going as long as it feeds his ego.

Edited by georger

1 hour ago, FLYJACK said:

Yikes, I have always said Ulis is a good salesman,, Cooper researcher not so much.

Ulis is not a "researcher" of anything.  The whole idea is crazy. 

Maybe he could find a home at Ancient Aliens on the History Channel?  He does want to be famous in the public eye, but Im not sure he's even up to that. Maybe he can be a student of Larry Carr?  Or a Volunteer Sheriff with a badge in his home county in Arizona?  

Edited by georger