47 47
quade

DB Cooper

8 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Looking at Edwards’ book. He mentions the ticket agent a few times. Dennis Lysne. I don’t have any of the 302s handy that have Lysne’s testimony. Anyone able to point me to those? Thanks. 

Un-redacted in the Gray files.. and also FBI part 72  p 44 (also repeated in two other parts)

12 minutes ago, CooperNWO305 said:

Looking at Edwards’ book. He mentions the ticket agent a few times. Dennis Lysne. I don’t have any of the 302s handy that have Lysne’s testimony. Anyone able to point me to those? Thanks. 

There's a copy of his main interview on page 146 of part 18... a few duplicates are scattered around too in other parts. I can't say if he has any other mentions due to redactions, but that particular interview had to be him.

13 minutes ago, Coopericane said:

There's a copy of his main interview on page 146 of part 18... a few duplicates are scattered around too in other parts. I can't say if he has any other mentions due to redactions, but that particular interview had to be him.

Thanks Fly and Coopericane. I did not see it in my Gray files. I have the True Ink ones. I’ll have to look again. But these are good. 

41 minutes ago, FLYJACK said:

Love how mere days later Lynse says he wouldn't be able to recognize the man if he saw him again yet 18 years later he's supposed to when someone shoves a picture in front of his face.

Doesn't ring any bells indeed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, olemisscub said:

Love how mere days later Lynse says he wouldn't be able to recognize the man if he saw him again yet 18 years later he's supposed to when someone shoves a picture in front of his face.

Doesn't ring any bells indeed. 

Memory conformity is a menace...

Didn't he also at a later point add something to his story about thinking Cooper was suspicious?

Edited by Coopericane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Coopericane said:

Didn't he also at a later point add something to his story about thinking Cooper was suspicious?

Memory blossoms when it becomes important ?  :beefy:   I share your skepticism.  Now, if the tie could talk!  People may soon be writing Cooper's whole history .... from birth! based on something on the tie?  The audience will lap it up. Cooper was a lonely child, was raised by donkeys in a peasant village ... in Little Yucatan, Chicago South side?  Let's see - he learned spectroscopy and how to fly 727s at the Chicago Art Institute .from a Polish family ?

Edited by georger

11 hours ago, Coopericane said:

I believe that was Hal Williams, the gate agent. He made comments several times over the years that he noticed Cooper inside the terminal standing off by himself staring out the window. He described him as a real "lone-wolf" looking individual. 

Announcement from Bruce Smith:

Big News - I'm Retiring

Yup, after CC22 next week I will officially retire as Mayor of Cooperville. I want to live a simpler life and one more closely connected to nature. My reasons for coming to Washington 32 years ago have concluded, so I will be leaving the Evergreen State and going into the big unknown. Some destinations are known in the short term. On November 22 I will be returning to NY to finish closing out my mother's house and selling it. Closing on the house is expected to take place around February 1, 2023, and at that point I will slide into my pick-up and drive to Key West to go for a swim in the warmest ocean water I can find. I'm also thinking of parking in long-term at Miami International and heading to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands for a week or two.

After that, I will head back to Eatonville to finish cleaning-out all my stuff from my rental RV on a buddy's six acres. After that, I don't know - the desert? French Polynesia? Santa Fe? Buy a boat and sail the ocean blue?

As a result of these life changes, I will be traveling light - very light. Hence, I cannot and will not take my Cooper stuff with me. I have 14 years worth of notes, interviews, and investigations. Do any of you want it? Also, I will be giving away all the Cooper references materials and books I have accumulated since 2008. You want any? Galen has got dibs on my copy of Himms' NORJAK, GG's Skyjack, and HAHAHA. Other than that, it's all up for grabs and I'll be bringing it down to Vancouver next week. First come, first serve.

Lastly, I will always continue to answer questions from those who call, chat on podcasts, and sell my books - DB Cooper and the FBI, 3rd Edition.

So, adios my friends. Love you all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, georger said:

Announcement from Bruce Smith:

Big News - I'm Retiring

Yup, after CC22 next week I will officially retire as Mayor of Cooperville. I want to live a simpler life and one more closely connected to nature. My reasons for coming to Washington 32 years ago have concluded, so I will be leaving the Evergreen State and going into the big unknown. Some destinations are known in the short term. On November 22 I will be returning to NY to finish closing out my mother's house and selling it. Closing on the house is expected to take place around February 1, 2023, and at that point I will slide into my pick-up and drive to Key West to go for a swim in the warmest ocean water I can find. I'm also thinking of parking in long-term at Miami International and heading to Puerto Rico or the Virgin Islands for a week or two.

After that, I will head back to Eatonville to finish cleaning-out all my stuff from my rental RV on a buddy's six acres. After that, I don't know - the desert? French Polynesia? Santa Fe? Buy a boat and sail the ocean blue?

As a result of these life changes, I will be traveling light - very light. Hence, I cannot and will not take my Cooper stuff with me. I have 14 years worth of notes, interviews, and investigations. Do any of you want it? Also, I will be giving away all the Cooper references materials and books I have accumulated since 2008. You want any? Galen has got dibs on my copy of Himms' NORJAK, GG's Skyjack, and HAHAHA. Other than that, it's all up for grabs and I'll be bringing it down to Vancouver next week. First come, first serve.

Lastly, I will always continue to answer questions from those who call, chat on podcasts, and sell my books - DB Cooper and the FBI, 3rd Edition.

So, adios my friends. Love you all.

My advice: move to where there is a lot of fresh water -  maybe stay where you're at ? Avoid earthquake, volcano, flood, dust bowl, tornado, and forest fire prone areas. Take care and Thanks for an interesting decade. 

Edited by georger
  • Like 1

A few weeks back, there were some posts around the Elsinore "incident" where LC had stated that he had an encounter with someone who fit the hijacker's description.  In the encounter, the individual was asking questions pertaining to jumping from a commercial air liner. And then that was kind of dove tailed into the Gunther book and his story where it states that the hijacker went to a jump center in California...

So that had me thinking about one of my first posts where I had come across the 302 below. It states that someone on a NWO flight on 11/23/71, (one day prior to the hijacking), was asking the same types of questions to people/crew on this flight.  

What are the odds that IF this is a true event, it wasn't related to the next day's hijacking ?  Was it legit ?  The details of the alleged flight seem to be redacted i.e. flight number, origination/destination.  I wonder did the FBI follow this lead ? 

Does anyone have any more insight to this 302?  Thanks !

db-cooper-11-23-71-incident.JPG

Edited by JAGdb

2 hours ago, JAGdb said:

A few weeks back, there were some posts around the Elsinore "incident" where LC had stated that he had an encounter with someone who fit the hijacker's description.  In the encounter, the individual was asking questions pertaining to jumping from a commercial air liner. And then that was kind of dove tailed into the Gunther book and his story where it states that the hijacker went to a jump center in California...

So that had me thinking about one of my first posts where I had come across the 302 below. It states that someone on a NWO flight on 11/23/71, (one day prior to the hijacking), was asking the same types of questions to people/crew on this flight.  

What are the odds that IF this is a true event, it wasn't related to the next day's hijacking ?  Was it legit ?  The details of the alleged flight seem to be redacted i.e. flight number, origination/destination.  I wonder did the FBI follow this lead ? 

Yes, they did know the identity and followed up considering the person a suspect checking prints and obtaining photos.. There is no indication who it was or what the FBI concluded..

You can follow it in the pages after FBI part 11 p 308..

• Like 2

Wow, that's actually kind of insane. What're the odds that someone matching Cooper's description is asking all of these questions the day before the hijacking on another NWO flight...? I mean, I guess it could be a coincidence... I'm sure the thought of jumping out those stairs came to some other passenger's minds... but still.

I wonder if it's connected in any way to the 302s about someone from the film industry asking similar types of questions, I want to say maybe a week or two before the hijacking? I don't remember the details or have the exact files handy.

5 hours ago, JAGdb said:

What are the odds? Probably random - larger than you might expect. See Innumeracy (book)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innumeracy_(book)

I tried to get John Paulos interested in the Cooper case years ago - John demurred. :wind:

Edited by georger

R99 says:

Further, it appears that teletype transcripts were also routinely made of the voice transmissions over the ARINC system.  And according to Chaucer, Carr apparently told him about some of these transcripts that have not been released.

3.  With several decades of experience in the military and as an Aeronautical Engineer in the DOD, I can categorically state that the dashed lines in the Seattle ATC transcripts mean that sections of those transcripts have been redacted.  This is irrefutable despite any hopes to the contrary.

Does Carr have or not have the redacted transcript portions that R99 mentions? When will we know if ever?

Do 'dashed lines in the Seattle ATC transcripts mean that sections of those transcripts have been redacted'   as per R99 with several decades of experience in the military and as an Aeronautical Engineer in the DOD' ?  Is this - irrefutable despite any hopes to the contrary. ?   When will we know if ever?

Edited by georger

6 hours ago, georger said:

A 30+ year veteran of Aloha Airlines asks:  Did the FBI search for Cooper in Hawaii ? Are there any 302s that document Hawaii being searched for Cooper suspects? 

I recall that yes - there was a fair amount of information about tracking a man seen boarding a plane to Alaska.

Edit to correct - Oops - should have said Hawaii not Alaska.

Edited by Jay Ritchie
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, georger said:

A 30+ year veteran of Aloha Airlines asks:  Did the FBI search for Cooper in Hawaii ? Are there any 302s that document Hawaii being searched for Cooper suspects? 

I believe suspect Jack Bryant Coffelt lived in Hawaii at the end of his life and I think died there circa 1975 time frame.  I think I remember the 302s discussing that and maybe even talking to his widow out there, but my memory is pretty fuzzy at the moment.

• Like 1