47 47
quade

DB Cooper

BruceSmith

Just when you thought there couldn't be any more news about Tina Bar, well, guess again!

A film crew from the Travel Channel was there a few weeks ago and Galen has sent me this report. Jerry T was also part of the shoot, on the Washougal part, and he called me with some of the details, which confirms and supports what Galen has said.

Here's Galen's piece:

The Travel Channel is hosting a new series this fall/winter that will feature "mystery destinations." They chose the D.B. Cooper mystery as one of their top stories for their feature episode.

Most of the filming was done at Tina's Bar in early July. This was a fairly expensive operation and involved several camera crews, sound crews, and a professional director. The host of the show is a former CIA agent with 20-years in the company. For the Tina Bar episode, we used several boats from the Caterpillar Island marina as props to gain river access to the money find from 1980.

Also, I had my own science team on site, where we recreated our experiments at Tina's Bar and laid out our conclusions for the TC. All in all, it was a lot of fun spending a few days at Tina's in 90 degree weather.

Ralph Himmelsbach was invited too, but he chose not to come. Instead, Jerry Thomas (yes, that Jerry) was invited too and he toured the Travel Channel film crew into the Washougal watershed area. My understanding is that the Travel Channel also hired some semi-professional skydivers to jump into the area of the flight path for a little background drama.

It seems Tina's Bar is going to really get placed on the map again. The Fazio's seemed happy about the Travel Channel's appearance, even Al (who gets a bit grumpy whenever I show up with my science crew) Fazio was smiling.

Galen

sounds good. sounds neutral which is a pleasant change.

skyjack71

***this guy says he never talked to you or had a reason too.

Since I do not go to U-Tube I only know about this individual what you guys post here. The story a man told and the tone with which it was delivered gave me reason to think this U Tube guy and the guy who contacted me could be one and the same.

I noted the manner in which the message was delivered - the wording has a tone - caps and spacing and words. I am definitely NOT any kind of person to do this - it was my own personal take and wanted to know what you guys thought. If they compared? Both CLAIM to have solved the case.

All I know about the u tube guy is what you all have posted here. Outside of that it is ZERO!

You know when someone comes out with "I've solved the case" we have to go through all the secrecy and hint dropping stuff til the book comes out...."don't tell anyone what I told you - even though I posted my phone number on you tube and invited anyone to call". ;):)And alas, we usually end up right back where we started.

LOL....so chill out Jo. I'm sure those of us in the nosebleed section will eventually be let in on the secrets in some way or other......until then....the case is still unsolved...and we still don't know who in the hell DB Cooper was (well, excluding you and Blevins and sailshaw and marla and cook and Rhodes/calame and the Formans and this guy..and that other fellow..and..) Oh never mind...

My thoughts about the whole Paul D thing so far -- If he convinced the FBI on 6/13/13, then they are being rather slow about validating his efforts, his prose is a bit frantic - I hope he tones it down for the book, and his copyright jargon seems a little overwrought.
But I applaud his marketing efforts - a limited market, maybe, but he's got folks on here at least talking about his book and it'll be interesting to hear what he has to bring to the case. B|

In the meantime I'm gonna sit back with a glass of wine and see if I can snag me a copy of Bruce's book. B|:)
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

Of course, the first copy I am sending is to our very own Jo - she's already threatened to sue me! You should have heard the phone message!!!

Jo often threatens litigation but she never sues. Never will.

Galen and I are lawyers. There may be others here lurking. We never threaten fellow Cooper nuts with lawsuits.

Why do you think that is?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

mrshutter45

he has 6 suspects in the book and narrows them down to one

If Geivett thinks KC is DB Cooper - Geivett is also claiming McCoy knew KC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9xPQ8NtDwU

A post by Geivett at youtube 2 weeks ago below

Paul Geivett 2 weeks ago

He was one of the top 6 suspects and its not gosset or mc coy but mc coy did know db cooper cooper lost 60,000 of the money but was found and 6000 was placed on beach for brian I to find on purpose

If you look on You Tube he comments on about 98% of the videos with the same template. he is making some pretty crazy accusations, but some of what he says makes sense. he links McCoy, but not directly. he went thru the many different stories about how the Ingram's fit in. the money was planted. how this was done is another far fetched conclusion.

Thinking further about his Ingram story, everything he has said
so far was public knowledge at one time or another, albeit being
very old public info. And he could very easily have read
everything here if he has followed this thread for years.

The snafu between Crystal and Pat regarding who found the
money and both parents seeking a reward (separately) became
public knoweldge when (N & B) contacted a newspaper and a radio station pressing their claims, in the same week the money
was turned in to H. All of that has been mentioned here in this
thread, in addition to it being publically aired at the time.

The thing new is this claim that Brian has 'confessed' that
the discovery was a plant and a put-up-job. At some point
Brian will be called on to issue a statement ...

Blevins, you've spent enough time looking at KC, any chance he knew McCoy?

Personally, I don't buy any of this. I don't buy that the money was a plant. I don't by that McCoy knew KC.

First, Marla claims CIA involvement, now McCoy knew the hijacker. Sounds like another case of someone borrowing from Knoss, of all people.
"They were saying he was never gonna make it now, now that daylight had set in. But later that night, they were shining those lights back down on that mountain again." - Todd Snider

mrshutter45

he does claim this knowledge.....lots for this guy to prove....

I called Paul this evening and he wilted in the summer heat of inquiry. He had no answers to direct questions, and refused to provide any corroboration of his claims. All he has is rapid patter, in my view.

Somebody needs to ask this question and I guess I'll have to do it.

WARNING - THIS QUESTION MAY NOT BE SUITABLE TO SENSITIVE POSTERS (BUT THAT IS PROBABLY NOT THE CASE IN VIEW OF WHAT GOES ON HERE).

Does anyone know if Tom Kaye's team, or anyone else, has found, on the money or elsewhere, any evidence that would point to contamination by anything that would be fed to cows or excreted by them?

Since cows today are pumped full of exotic chemicals, some of which may be even more exotic after going through the cow's system, just about anything is possible here.

This is a serious question, no snickering please.

Robert99

Robert99

WARNING - THIS QUESTION MAY NOT BE SUITABLE TO SENSITIVE POSTERS (BUT THAT IS PROBABLY NOT THE CASE IN VIEW OF WHAT GOES ON HERE).

Does anyone know if Tom Kaye's team, or anyone else, has found, on the money or elsewhere, any evidence that would point to contamination by anything that would be fed to cows or excreted by them?

Since cows today are pumped full of exotic chemicals, some of which may be even more exotic after going through the cow's system, just about anything is possible here.

Robert99

Excellent question, R99. Please keep us posted on your findings.

ParrotheadVol

Personally, I don't buy any of this. I don't buy that the money was a plant. I don't by that McCoy knew KC.

First, Marla claims CIA involvement, now McCoy knew the hijacker. Sounds like another case of someone borrowing from Knoss, of all people.

Any number of people have claimed that McCoy knew the
hijacker. McCoy was questioned about that. JT presumably
knew McCoy! One person even clainmed that JT knew who the
hijacker was ... having served with him, and they werent talking
about McCoy. The possible linkages have gone wherever a link
could be claimed. And this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Robert99

Robert99

Was considered - ask Tom directly. (The former Chair of
Animal Husbandry U-Wash was consulted. He knows the Fazio's
and has been at their farm...). The primary pollutants are
methane, ammonia, and nitrates.

Is there still a runoff retention ditch behind the road, behind
the area where the money was found?

Confirm three times or more, anything JT says about the
Fazio property and its operations over the years. Im sorry
but this is necessary.

Of course, the first copy I am sending is to our very own Jo - she's already threatened to sue me! You should have heard the phone message!!!

Jo often threatens litigation but she never sues. Never will.

Galen and I are lawyers. There may be others here lurking. We never threaten fellow Cooper nuts with lawsuits.

Why do you think that is?

No Money?

More to the point, 377, Jo is now sending me XXXXX's and OOOOOO's. After all we're Cooper Kin. Just a family spat...

...ahem....but if there was was o.ooo1 more decibel of volume in her voice my little cabin would have been filled with itty, bitty shards of Japanese plastic, if you catch my drift...

ParrotheadVol

Hell I am surprised Knoss has not hallucinated that he was the jumper....

Nah,, that is just too far fetched for credulity...

Robert99

Robert99

I might be wrong, but seems like I remember that cattle or cows grazed the Fazio property. Would that be significant to your question?
but....A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.....Winston Churchill

smokin99

***Somebody needs to ask this question and I guess I'll have to do it.

Robert99

I might be wrong, but seems like I remember that cattle or cows grazed the Fazio property. Would that be significant to your question?

Yeah, the Aliens got 'em in '91. Don't you read the Mountain News, girl...pass that bottle of wine, will you please. Some of us are getting thirsty tonight.

ParrotheadVol

I tried to get him to come on here, but he didn't seem interested. some of his claims were pretty far out there.
he claims KC wore a wig. this has been discussed many times over. he also claims he had WW2 spring loaded jumping boots. this was after I asked him how Tina (same height) was able to look up at him. Tina gave a pretty detailed description of Coopers footwear. surely she would have noticed any type of elevated type shoes.

he was positive that Cooper wrote his name on the ticket. he was also positive Carr has not been taken off the case. he claims the FBI agreed the ticket was signed by Cooper? the bills that were basically black came from being in the mud on the Lewis river 4 years prior to Tina Bar. he said something about the silver on the bills will match sediments to the Lewis river.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

BruceSmith

******Somebody needs to ask this question and I guess I'll have to do it.

Robert99

Yeah, the Aliens got 'em in '91. Don't you read the Mountain News, girl...pass that bottle of wine, will you please. Some of us are getting thirsty tonight.

Yeah...I started to add ......"right before they were mutilated by aliens, but that's neither here nor there"......but I decided to respect the seriousness of the question. :)
Okay...not really ---you just beat me to it. :)

smokin99

Robert99

The thread is FULL of info about this!

It was a major concern at the time. And I (for one) expected
to see contamination. To my knowledge Tom reported no such contamination ... which semeed to verify a number of Fazio's
claims (to his credit), ie that his cows had never grazed the beach, that his cows had never spent much time in the south
pasture adjacent to the rentention ditch above the beachfront,
and that none of his cattle runoff had (ever?) reached the beach
because there had been testing done by (XY&Z) on specific
dates .... etc. This is merely a synopsis of the reaearch that
was done on that issue, as I recall it.

he said something about the silver on the bills will match sediments to the Lewis river.

Hmmm. Didnt know the Lewis was a silver bearing area? It has
the wrong geology doesnt it? The Washougal was ... the silver
on some of the bills was from silver nitrate finger printing the FBi
did, which was idiotic. Had nothing to do with where the money
came from and its geology.

Ask him about FBI Lab report No. 6987B-LJ1-3B94

If he says he knows all about that, he's lying.:D

First off, let me say that I agree with everything Meyer Louie wrote. I just arrived back home this afternoon and have now caught up on reading the posts.

I have spent several decades living in the Arizona desert, as well as other deserts, and was a bit surprised as to how hot and miserable the weather was at Tina Bar. Even 126 degrees in the desert, which I have personally experienced, didn't seem to be that bad. Maybe there is some truth in the "dry heat" theory, which is usually viewed as a joke in my area.

The views of Mt. Saint Helens and Mt. Hood, while standing in the same spot and only slightly turning my head, was impressive. And it was the first time that I had seen either one of them. Usually, it has been cloudy and raining when I have been in that area.

The money find area seems to be almost entirely sand, with the exception of the road which is shown in Meyer Louie's photo of the Tina Bar sign with a car in the background. The road itself seems to be on solid ground. My guess is that most, if not all, of the present sand at Tina Bar has been placed there by the river dredging.

Nevertheless, the containment area just beyond the briar patch (shown in the photo with Meyer's cap) seems to be completely sand. As Meyer has pointed out, any fluid in that containment area comes by direct rainfall or by runoff from the Fazio property. Nothing flows into that area from the river. Of course, if the containment area gets filled by rainfall and runoff from the Fazio property, the overflow could then drain into the river itself.

The downstream (to the north) part of the containment area is very slightly higher than the southern (to the south) upstream part. Then the Fazio property slightly further south is also slightly higher than the southern end of the containment area.

The end result of the above is that it is not very likely that the money would arrive at its found location by movement over the portion of the Fazio property that is used by their sand operation.

In my opinion, it is possible that the money could have moved from a point approximately 100 feet to the north (downstream) or several hundred feet from the south (upstream) to its found location. But in view of the relatively high elevation from the normal water level at which the money was found (this can be seen in photographs of the original FBI dig operation), in my opinion it is very unlikely that the money moved any considerable distance in the Columbia River itself.

While I don't subscribe to the Washougal Theory, I do feel that the money arrived at Tina Bar by natural means. And after Cooper was on the ground, that leaves only water as the means of transportation.

So the Cooper mystery continues.

Robert99

mrshutter45

......... he also claims he had WW2 spring loaded jumping boots. this was after I asked him how Tina (same height) was able to look up at him. Tina gave a pretty detailed description of Coopers footwear. surely she would have noticed any type of elevated type shoes.

I'm thinking she would have noticed boots as opposed to shoes, also.
Plus, the boots here http://qmfashion.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/paratrooper-jump-boots-americas-first-symbol-of-eliteness-and-fashions-most-experienced-boot/ don't seem to be that elevated.

smokin99

*********Somebody needs to ask this question and I guess I'll have to do it.

Robert99

Yeah...I started to add ......"right before they were mutilated by aliens, but that's neither here nor there"......but I decided to respect the seriousness of the question. :)
Okay...not really ---you just beat me to it. :)
Smokin, you are forgiven and, yes, there are still cows on the Fazio property.

Bruce, I was hoping that you or someone else could tell me your findings in this matter.

Robert99

smokin99

***......... he also claims he had WW2 spring loaded jumping boots. this was after I asked him how Tina (same height) was able to look up at him. Tina gave a pretty detailed description of Coopers footwear. surely she would have noticed any type of elevated type shoes.

I'm thinking she would have noticed boots as opposed to shoes, also.
Plus, the boots here http://qmfashion.wordpress.com/2011/04/12/paratrooper-jump-boots-americas-first-symbol-of-eliteness-and-fashions-most-experienced-boot/ don't seem to be that elevated.

at any point was the rear stairs down while the plane was fueling? he made an extremely wild accusation that took place during the money exchange with Tina coming aboard. I told him they would of taken him out if he was visible from the outside.

I'm going to check my newspaper clippings, but I recall Hal Williams stating he wrote Coopers name on the ticket. Paul claims he only typed things on the ticket. you can clearly see the agent wrote several things on the ticket by hand. I explained the fact of him asking for the note back is proof enough the FBI has no writing of Cooper's.

he is matching the ticket with the 4 letters sent and something with KC's handwriting from 1958. I also found myself doing this a couple years ago until someone told me Cooper signed nothing. some similarities can be found in these letters.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

georger

Robert99

but this is necessary.

Georger, There is no "ditch", rather it is a "reservoir" (and a fairly large one) with that briar patch that shows in Meyer Louie's picture (with his cap) being on the top of the western rim of the "reservoir". I had not anticipated this "reservoir" being such a short distance from the money find location.

Robert99

Robert99

******Somebody needs to ask this question and I guess I'll have to do it.

Robert99

but this is necessary.

Georger, There is no "ditch", rather it is a "reservoir" (and a fairly large one) with that briar patch that shows in Meyer Louie's picture (with his cap) being on the top of the western rim of the "reservoir". I had not anticipated this "reservoir" being such a short distance from the money find location.

Robert99

Yes its large by all accounts. I didnt see it at first on maps but then JT pointed it out to me. And there it is. I think the Faxio
were more-or-less mandated to put it in to be in compliance
with increasingly restrictive environmental regs. In addition the
Faxio and JT told me they never really used the west pasture to
graze or keep their cattle, but the east pasture immediately
adjacent to the feeding lot. I expected to see contamination in
Tom's bills but Tom didn't find levels high enought to warrant
that conclusion, if Im recalling this correctly .

Did you visit the creeks and area further in and east? you
were once most interested in, if I have that correct?

he also claims he had WW2 spring loaded jumping boots

Never heard of such WW 2 boots. Amazon? Airtwardo? Guru?

These Whuffos really get gear configuration all twisted up. Imagine Cooper outfitted by them. Spring loaded jump boots, chest reserve clipped on over the NB 8 container on the jumpers back, the only thing we are missing is the Bell Jet Pack.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_pack

Sending my Cooper twenty to the museum tomorrow. They have a very fine exhibit set up. I love public museums. Glad to help with this.

Snow offered to loan some original 71 NWA schedules one which shows Coopers flight. They already had one. I offered my vintage Seafirst bank bag but they had one of these too. Offered my NB 8 rig. Ditto.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.