47 47
quade

DB Cooper

I realize the jump has been done hundreds if not thousands of times, has anyone really done the jump with the stairs in place and the samething Cooper was wearing along with the money in order to show he did not start a out of control tumble as many have said he would have done? I recall a show years ago that a guy did recreate the jump but said it was crucial to have a 30 second free fall? I can't remember the name of the show.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

I realize the jump has been done hundreds if not thousands of times, has anyone really done the jump with the stairs in place and the samething Cooper was wearing along with the money in order to show he did not start a out of control tumble as many have said he would have done? I recall a show years ago that a guy did recreate the jump but said it was crucial to have a 30 second free fall? I can't remember the name of the show.

You may be thinking of an hour long show on the Cooper jumping problems that appeared on a cable channel (National Geographic?) several years ago.

The test jumper was a Hollywood stuntman named Troy Hartman (?) who was stated to have 5000 jumps to his credit. Apparently, all those jumps were on square canopies sinces Hartman was checked out on the round ParaCommander and given instructions on PLFs on camera.

If I remember correctly, some of the statements Hartman made on camera about the free falls were later modified by him.

But in any event, note all the sunshine and nice blue skies during the jump in Falflung's video. The jumper could easily stabilize himself using the ground for reference.

Cooper's jump was made at night and above an overcast, with additional cloud layers below that, and he could not see the ground or anything else to help stabilize himself.

Aerodynamically, with the money bag and other items he apparently attached to himself in a non-symmetrical manner, it is practically a given that Cooper would tumble.

Leave it to Hollywood with this long forgotten gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8ov77VMDy0

Since the TV is where most Americans obtain their education this seemed perfectly appropriate.

In the first three seconds you can see their version has DB ‘backing’ down the stairs. This should dispel any fantasies someone may have about being the ‘first’ to suggest that possibility. But it won’t.

From (0:06 0- 0:09) one can observe the behavior of the stairs when the actor jumps. I realize this is from a movie and not nearly as technical as all the previous guessing here and I don’t know the velocity of the aircraft or if the stairs were modified in any way. With that in mind, those stairs didn’t appear to return to the shut position at all.

Gosh all this in a scant nine seconds. It won’t matter as there has been way too much invested, time wise in contrary theories and junk science for this to go gently into the night sweet prince. Nope, it will be ignored for a few days or weeks then brought up again. Or modified with some of the most mind numbing qualifiers ever written, like; by ‘backing down’ I was suggesting that I was the first to say it on a Tuesday, while eating a Ho-Ho and wearing a grass skirt.

Ho-Ho. Ho-Ho-Ho. Turbulence. Turbulence.
Turbulence. Go Turbulence. and all the little
turbuloids.

Was the galley on hinges too? Ho Ho Ho.

RobertMBlevins shared:

Off topic, but interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV6kxQYGVs0&feature=youtu.be

was a real surprise, too. I had no idea this could be done. Nice hack, indeed.”

That ‘hack’ posted on disemboweling a 6 volt battery to retrieve a cornucopia of AA cells and save money was amusing. I really should have paid more attention in electronics class.

A battery is a widely used misnomer like cow and cement mixer where cattle or concrete mixer is more accurate. Those cylindrical things called AAA, AA, C and D batteries are actually ‘cells’ and not batteries. Yawnnnnnnn.

Batteries are composed of two or more cells like the 9 volt in most smoke detectors and 6 volt used in lanterns. The cells produce electricity by some magical means involving Unicorn tears and produce a total of 1.5 volts each. Go ahead, look at one it says ‘1.5 V’ right on the skin and has never been a secret.

Wanna make a 9 volt battery? Just take six AAA cells and combine them in series with 1.5 volts times 6 resulting in 9 volts. Yippee. See how easy?

Now about that 6 volt lantern battery hack…… ummm …. I think that a 6 volt, battery would require four, 1.5 volt cells and likely be of the C or D caliber and not AA, let alone several dozen of them. But what do I know?

I think this ‘brilliant hack’ is yet another urban joke that the public is more than willing to believe for some reason ($$$) and illustrates just how removed the average person is from average things in life. It is funny though.

So official, historical records are usually given greater weight.

The official weather reports from numerous locations, the FBI report, even the TV news reports (the outside shots) all indicate the same thing. 40s, scattered light rain/snow showers, winds below 20.
I'm not saying you are a liar, but how do you reconcile the difference?

reply]

Well to begin with, you might want to go back and
read what the woman actually said.

THAT is all needs to be saide -

Potatoes.

Robert99: Finally, a post of your's I support. :)

I still have that old rig from the same period... same kind of canopy... want to jump it to prove he tumbled???

:)

And "there" Mr. Seattle News guy is your expert at
work. She goes by Amazon. And she is worth her
weight in gold (or salmon)! If you pay attention to
anyone here, pay attention to Amazon.

The rest is all Kah-kah.

yes that was the show, has anyone known done this jump in same situations as in at nite, windy conditions and rain? now for my thoughts on that night, if indeed it was that cold, there should of been snow and not rain? and the wings would have icing problems? was de-icing on wings in 71?
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Aerodynamically, with the money bag and other items he apparently attached to himself in a non-symmetrical manner, it is practically a given that Cooper would tumble.

Robert99 was there. (standing next to Blevins)

:D:D

Actually, I could not make it that evening due to other plans so I delegated it to the air and it took care of Cooper, apparently for good.

I still have that old rig from the same period... same kind of canopy... want to jump it to prove he tumbled???

Amazon, Hopefully you are addressing that to Jerry Thomas. I have already done my fair share of tumbling and probably more.

Have you found that data? Or do you know of another source for such data.

The official weather reports from numerous locations, the FBI report, even the TV news reports (the outside shots) all indicate the same thing. 40s, scattered light rain/snow showers, winds below 20.

reply]

Potatoes.

Georger, The last word in your reply above, which you previously used in another post that you deleted, proves that you really are a former Vice-President of the USA.

Amazon, Hopefully you are addressing that to Jerry Thomas. I have already done my fair share of tumbling and probably more.

Have you found that data? Or do you know of another source for such data.

Of course Dear:)
I think Jerry should do it... since he and most of the wuffos seem to think there is no way Cooper could have survived such a jump in such horrible conditions.

Never mind now.... that thousands of aircrew have done that same jump and survived.... details details..

I guess I will need to send you the jump track software with the data from the speed meet... only way I can think of you being able to do something with the Protrak data.

reply]

Potatoes.

Georger, The last word in your reply above, which you previously used in another post that you deleted, proves that you really are a former Vice-President of the USA.

Sorry. What it proves is you respond to "bait",
given your current hostile disposition. Hope you get your previously good spirits back soon.

It makes one wonder about your whole analysis!

I think they found 8 cigarette butts, I don't think this makes him a "chain smoker" because he was probably nervous causing him to smoke like that?

Amazon: Go get dressed up just like Cooper. Jump under the same conditions. After You've Smoked a pack of Raleighs and drank a few shots. Let me know how it works out for you. Prove that you can still do it, if you can. Jerry

You may want to quickly but a smiley face with its tongue sticking out tonshow your joking!

Challenging Jean would be stupid in some folks minds.

Why do people who have no jump experience keep insisting that Cooper "Tumbled out of control"? and why blame it on the money bag?

Any jumper with a few (like, even less than five, man [or would "dude" be better here?]) jumps of experience will get stable in snort order, the earth or vision of it is not needed. We do have blind skydivers you know?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Amazon: Go get dressed up just like Cooper. Jump under the same conditions. After You've Smoked a pack of Raleighs and drank a few shots. Let me know how it works out for you. Prove that you can still do it, if you can. Jerry

Come on Jerry.... I know you can do it... I will loan ya the rig:ph34r: I will even let you use it in perfect weather.... you can jump and not spin can't you???

Hell I will even have Charlie my rigger, who is the only one I trust to pack my reserves ( he is a master FAA rigger who got his tickie back in the 1960's) pack it up so its in date.:D

Come on Jerry.... I know you can do it... I will loan ya the rig:ph34r: I will even let you use it in perfect weather.... you can jump and not spin can't you???

Hell I will even have Charlie my rigger, who is the only one I trust to pack my reserves ( he is a master FAA rigger who got his tickie back in the 1960's) pack it up so its in date.:D

Amazon, I agree with Jerry on this. And please get that data to me before you try it, this is important (at least to me). Repeat, BEFORE you try it!

Robert99: You say
"You have been pushing a Cooper candidate as hard as anyone else on this thread but the candidate you propose can be completely eliminated by your own recent admissions."

Question Robert: What "recent admission" (of mine) would eliminate Sheridan Peterson?

He does fit the descriptions (DB profile) and the only thing that has stopped the FBI is his perfect alibi of being in Nepal and writing his book in a mud hut.

Are you trying to discredit what I post? You should work to make this thread move forward and stop your constant jiberish to accomplish nothing but noise. As has been said you are just using-up the bandwidth
of the thread.

Bob
sailshaw

Amazon: Just want you to remember to dress just like Cooper a suit and loafers with brief case and money bag tied loosly to your side. Jump at the same time of year and time of day under the same conditions in the same area. Smoke the cigs and drink the booze then make the jump and walk out with the money, simple and easy according to you. You have stated many times you could pull this off. Now prove it.After all your experienced and have a large advantage over Cooper. I'll see if Donald Trump will loan you his jet. I believe his aft stairs still works. Jerry PS we'll see if Cosey will duplicate the chute Cooper used for you and we'll even place a tracking system on the chute so we will know where to find you, One more thing I believe Cooper only had a used book of matches.