47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Hopefully, posting here on the Dropzone will get to the FBI and trigger them to get going on it as Sheridan is 89 and getting older each day. I have asked Bruce Smith if he could set-up a meeting with the Seattle FBI and I would be glad to talk with he and them about the urgency of testing the four envelopes for DNA and comparing with Sheridan's they have on file.

The DNA will match and it will not show that Sheridan is DB Cooper but the match would show that his "Perfect Alibi" is not valid and he would be caught in a lie to the FBI (a Federal crime in its-self) and Sheridan would be exposed as being at the scene of the crime in Portland and not Nepal. This would quickly solve the crime and we could all relax at being successful and have helped solve the most interesting crime of this century (at least we think so). Galen Cook has said he might be able to get the FBI going too.

Bob Sailshaw 73's
[email protected]

How many times to I have to tell you - there will BE NO MORE DNA TESTING! IOTA! NONE!

If you really think the FBI is going to do DNA on your say so?CALL THEM! I know what they will TELL you. You know how TO PICK UP THE PHONE!

TELL them WHO you are and WHY you think YOUR subject is COOPER! Bruce nor Galen cannot manipulate or get the FBI to do ANYTHING at this point - NOTHING!

IF you THINK you have MORE than just an idea and you have a 20 dollar bill someone gave you with the right serial numbers, THEN and ONLY then will they DO ANYTHING!

NOT ONE soul on this thread ACTUALLY TALKS to the FBI! NOT one! They may have in the past but NOT NOW!
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

Contrived? At least I'm not gullible...:S

Well, there are a lot of WANNABE's out there and since Weber was introduced in 1996 the WANNABE's came out in full force. Some of them taking their ideas from the search and the story told by yours truely.

How many of you have tried to explain the money on the river and how many of the writers and those with subjects have used stories that echo the story told by Jo Weber in 1996 regarding the money. All I did was recite a trip Duane took me on and a nightmare he had - I had NO IDEA I had offered the only logical explanations of how the money got on the river. NOT one CLUE!

When I told the story - I had NO IDEA where Tena's bar. ALL I did was describe the places Duane took me to - I didn't even have a damn map other than a map of 1/2 of the US and an old atlas.
I recited the actions and noted when I was told to stay in the car and when I did get out.

Does this make Weber, Cooper?
NOT hardly, but when others do takes on the story told by this woman who had absolutely no knowledge what she recited was a logical explanation and had only been to WA that one time in her life.

Yes, I have been back out there twice - 2001 and 2010, but when I talked to the FBI in 1996 I had ONLY been there ONE time and that was in 1979.

Any evidence presented to the FBI at this point would have to be OVERWHELMING in order for them to even attempt another DNA testing! Like one of the 20's.

Let's look at the facts regarding any description of Cooper. First, does the FBI have Cooper pegged somewhere on the Fitzgerald Scale for skin color? If so, I haven't seen it. How come all the witnesses said he was a white guy? In other words, if he actually had olive skin type, why didn't even ONE witness venture he may have been from Europe, an Arab country, the Med, Nordic, or even Hispanic? Everyone agreed he was a white guy and may have had a Midwest accent. The idea that he may have been tanned is quite possible. Why does the FBI describe his eye color on the wanted posters as 'possibly brown,' and then say he put on sunglasses? Why couldn't any two witnesses agree on the description, not even the stews? Then seem unsure of his exact height, pegging it at 5'10"-6'0". One passenger says he's sure Cooper was no taller than five-nine. One of the stews said maybe over six feet. Pretty big range. To top it off, all three stews selected different combinations from the FBI's Facial Identification Catalog.

The one thing that's consistent in the witness descriptions is that there isn't much consistency in them. Unless you are willing to declare young stews and a few passengers as genetic experts, then I doubt they would know the difference between a person tanned and someone with a genetic background leading to the 25-30 range on the Fitzgerald Scale.

This is where some of you make your biggest errors investigating the case. You believe the poster is an actual photograph. You refuse to believe the witnesses were quite varied in their descriptions.

Well with your broad brush, Cooper could have been a
giraffe ... and then Molly Smith in red shoes with ten
identifying tattoos, the next minute. Your hyperbolae
is not factual argument.

Does the FBI use the Fitzgerald Scale? I dunno. Do
you? The Von Luschan's chromatic scale? I dunno.
Do you? Are you saying airline stews who see many
people don't know what olive skin is when they see it?

I think yours is the extreme position saying: "Unless
you are willing to declare young stews and a few
passengers as genetic experts, then I doubt they
would know the difference between a person tanned
and someone with a genetic background leading to
the 25-30 range on the Fitzgerald Scale. "

Following your advice law enforcement should never
ask for help from "young stews and a few passen-
gers" in any criminal matter, including any crime
related to you or your family!

You say: "why didn't even ONE witness venture he may
have been from Europe, an Arab country, the Med,
Nordic, or even Hispanic?" Well, in fact several did!
(Read the thread)

You say: "Why couldn't any two witnesses agree on
the description, not even the stews? " But, they did!
(Read the thread)

We seem to be operating from two totally different
evidence pools and theories of the case. I havent the
faintest idea where you got your evidence and theory!
Unless its just your interpretation based on I dont
know what.

You could just jump to the last rung of paranoid
hyperbolae and say: 'There never was a real
hijacking, and Kenny Christiansen was part of the
conspiracy. Would that satisfy you, Porteous, and Lyle?
You get your movie script out of that!

Or just say: "Kenny Christiansen was DB Cooper
because, there is no evidence and one in hand is
worth two in the bush".

Who is on first, second, third, and homeplate all at
once? Blevins is. In fact Mr. Blevins, yours may be the
only Theory of Everything ever offered in the DB
Cooper case. Cooper could be anybody you chose.
One for each day of the week all supported by your
various evolving arguments based on "your evidence"
nobody else has!

Even if Sheridan lied to the FBI about being in Nepal when the skyjack took place, that's not nearly enough to convict him of air piracy. The statute of limitations has run out on lying to the FBI. How could they put him on the plane and prove it beyond a reasonable doubt?

If he was charged I'd offer to represent him free. But he thinks I a CIA or FBI so he'd probably reject it.

I still can't square his character with being a violence threàtning thief. He seems like a principled man who genuinely abhors violence.

I doubt you would be allowed to represent Petey in
Court, given your background here.

:)

Blevins wrote

He [Sheridan] has been questioned by the FBI and undoubtably had his alibi checked

If his alibi was 100% solid then why a second interview and insistence on a DNA sample?

I totally agree that Peterson "was not the type", but that is flawed thinking when applied to criminal cases. I've seen sooooo many guilty defendants who were "not the type".

If I were his defense counsel I'd not have him testify. They just do not have enough evidence to convict him. Burden of proof is on the govt. Standard of proof for conviction is "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Georger, the court would not disqualify me. I'm not a potential witness and my speculation about Peterson on the forum isn't evidence of anything. If lawyers who thought their clients might be guilty had to be disqualified there would be a massive shortage of defense counsel.

I don't think Peterson is guilty. I haven't yet seen ANY evidence that proves guilt. He IS however one hell of a well qualified candidate and remains so.

Sailshaw: you've mentioned many times that Peterson quizzed you about the 727 air stair. Can you shed some light in how he approached the subject and how deep he dug? I know he saw something in Aviation Week, but I'd like more info about the conversation he had. Was this info given to the FBI when they interviewed you?

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Gorger: Thanks for the support and your question was:

"ps: One thing I meant to ask, for my own interest:
Has Sheridan ever held a pilot's license and if so what
type and what years?
Thanks & Good luck. "

I would like to say that when I talked with Sheridan for a month and this was 10 years before the DB Caper, he had not talked about a Pilot's license and I expect he had no extra money to pursue getting one in the early days. He had no money when at my place but had just taken a job at the Worlds Fair as the Bubbleator operator, dressed in a space suit. He did go on after that to work at Boeing and in the Kirkland School system. He could have taken training to fly then, but I don't think he had when I knew him.

Bob Sailshaw 73's
[email protected]

How many times to I have to tell you - there will BE NO MORE DNA TESTING! IOTA! NONE!

If you really think the FBI is going to do DNA on your say so?CALL THEM! I know what they will TELL you. You know how TO PICK UP THE PHONE!

TELL them WHO you are and WHY you think YOUR subject is COOPER! Bruce nor Galen cannot manipulate or get the FBI to do ANYTHING at this point - NOTHING!

IF you THINK you have MORE than just an idea and you have a 20 dollar bill someone gave you with the right serial numbers, THEN and ONLY then will they DO ANYTHING!

NOT ONE soul on this thread ACTUALLY TALKS to the FBI! NOT one! They may have in the past but NOT NOW!

Jo, Your pronouncements about the case being closed and what the FBI is going to do and not going to do are a bit overblown.

Just come back down to earth and calm down since you actually don't have the slightest idea of what is going on.

Robert99

Blevins wrote

He [Sheridan] has been questioned by the FBI and undoubtably had his alibi checked

If his alibi was 100% solid then why a second interview and insistence on a DNA sample?

I totally agree that Peterson "was not the type", but that is flawed thinking when applied to criminal cases. I've seen sooooo many guilty defendants who were "not the type".

If I were his defense counsel I'd not have him testify. They just do not have enough evidence to convict him. Burden of proof is on the govt. Standard of proof for conviction is "beyond a reasonable doubt".

Georger, the court would not disqualify me. I'm not a potential witness and my speculation about Peterson on the forum isn't evidence of anything. If lawyers who thought their clients might be guilty had to be disqualified there would be a massive shortage of defense counsel.

I don't think Peterson is guilty. I haven't yet seen ANY evidence that proves guilt. He IS however one hell of a well qualified candidate and remains so.

Sailshaw: you've mentioned many times that Peterson quizzed you about the 727 air stair. Can you shed some light in how he approached the subject and how deep he dug? I know he saw something in Aviation Week, but I'd like more info about the conversation he had. Was this info given to the FBI when they interviewed you?

Funny: if I were the prosecutor I definitely would
challenge you, on multiple grounds, one of 'personal
investment' in the whole Cooper case, and two of
Sheridan in particular ... I might get the ruling but I
would issue the challenge... perhaps for any appeal!
:D I'm sure I could come up with more grounds...
:D ... something to do with radios?

Contrived? At least I'm not gullible...:S

The issue is objectivity...

In your previous posts you have mentioned turning
things over to people you evidently found (and know?)
at Carnegie Mellon University. Maybe you can find
somebody there to work with you.

Keep us posted on your Newsvine/Carnegie-Mellon
association and progress.

Gorger: Thanks for the support and your question was:

"ps: One thing I meant to ask, for my own interest:
Has Sheridan ever held a pilot's license and if so what
type and what years?
Thanks & Good luck. "

I would like to say that when I talked with Sheridan for a month and this was 10 years before the DB Caper, he had not talked about a Pilot's license and I expect he had no extra money to pursue getting one in the early days. He had no money when at my place but had just taken a job at the Worlds Fair as the Bubbleator operator, dressed in a space suit. He did go on after that to work at Boeing and in the Kirkland School system. He could have taken training to fly then, but I don't think he had when I knew him.

Bob Sailshaw 73's
[email protected]

If you come up with something later on a pilot license
let us know.

Georger wrote

Funny: if I were the prosecutor I definitely would
challenge you, on multiple grounds, one of 'personal
investment' in the whole Cooper case, and two of
Sheridan in particular ... I might get the ruling but I
would issue the challenge... perhaps for any appeal!
I'm sure I could come up with more grounds...
... something to do with radios?

Personal interest in the crime or even obsession is not valid grounds for disqualifying chosen counsel as long as there is not a conflict of interest. If counsel were writing a book or involved in some enterprise that might profit from a certain outcome in the case there might be a conflict. In that instance a judge, after an inquiry out of the view of the jury, could disqualify the lawyer.

Prosecutors and judges are very careful not to interefere with a defendant's choice of counsel as it could get a conviction overturned on appeal. It's a 6th Amendment constitutional issue.

(from Findlaw)

The Sixth Amendment has also been held to protect absolutely the right of a defendant to retain counsel of his choice and to be represented in the fullest measure by the person of his choice. Thus, in Chandler v. Fretag, 218 when a defendant appearing to plead guilty on a house- breaking charge was orally advised for the first time that, because of three prior convictions for felonies, he would be tried also as an habitual criminal and if convicted would be sentenced to life imprisonment, the court's denial of his request for a continuance in order to consult an attorney was a violation of his Fourteenth Amendment due process rights. ''Regardless of whether petitioner would have been entitled to the appointment of counsel, his right to be heard through his own counsel was unqualified

If the court is appointing and paying for counsel they get some choice e.g. they wouldnt appoint a rookie to defend a death penalty case. Generally however, if a lawyer is a bar member in good standing, a defendant can retain whoever he wants. A lawyer cannot normally represent a client in a case where he knows he will be a testifying witness. State bar ethics rules prohibit it.

Actually Sheridan would have a hard time finding a more zealous advocate for him. And the price is sure right.

He'd probably, however, end up with a federal public defender. They are usually very good defense lawyers and have more experience than just about any private lawyers because they are in court defending tough cases nearly every day.

Now on the radio part, I plead guilty as charged to obession and irrationality. My DBC CB radio test jumps will take place this spring. Stay tuned. QSL good buddy?

Georger never brags about it but he is an accompished ham radio hobbyist as is Snow and many here such as Guru, Sluggo, myself and others. I am the only one, however, who pines for a Norjack radio connection.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Personal interest in the crime or even obsession is not valid grounds for disqualifying chosen counsel. Prosecutors and judges are very careful not to interefere with a defendant's choice of counsel as it could get a conviction overturned on appeal.

An excellent illustrationof the above happened just yesterday in CA in the matter of LILO. She wanted a NY lawyer, with no CA connections, to represent her in her ongoing saga. The NY lawyer needed to work under the supervision of a CA lawyer. So he joined forces with a CA lawyer that he apparently knew who had not been active for the last 17 years. The lapsed CA lawyer got her license reactivated, the judge approved the arrangement, and the trial will go on.

Robert99

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/29/frances-hendrickson-found_n_2576590.html?ncid=wsc-huffpost-cards-headline

Maybe someday we will be reading a similar story about DB Cooper.

Hope not. I want him to have survived.

Not to sound callous in anyway whatsoever but I am wondering how long it will be before they find the remains of the wingsuiter up here on Mt Si when the snow melts in a few months [:/]
This area has a LOT of people who hike and recreate so I doubt it will be long after it warms up.

Pretty amazing that he wasnt found with all that search effort and exit location info. It must be rugged territory.

I wonder what went wrong? Edge strike? I think if he had anything deployed he would have been spotted.

We are still playing nice on dropzone. Keep up the good work people.

Who is the new moderator?

I am sure Q told him: "ignore 377s pestering for a return of Snowmman".

But no harm in trying.

Pretty amazing that he wasnt found with all that search effort and exit location info. It must be rugged territory.

I wonder what went wrong? Edge strike? I think if he had anything deployed he would have been spotted.

It is rugged indeed. If he did get to close to all those hard bits that the glacier left... a strike would certainly end badly. Reference the tumble that Jeb took in SA when he struck his legs. Doing a similar strike or anything like an arm or upper body... instant out of control. Jeb was lucky he had air on the other side of that ledge.. in his instance. I am thinking one strike probably led to a tumble into more hard bits.[:/]

Yup Amazon. I always cringe when I watch those maniacs on YouTube skimming granite. If you brush rock with one side of your body it would seem to me that it's gonna pull you right into it with the differential drag.

I was obsessed with chutes as a kid. When I was about 7 years old I made a parachute out of a bedsheet with clothesline for suspension lines and a harness made out of rope.

I ran down a sloping garage roof inflating it behind me and lept off. I survived with no serious damage.

Am I a BASE jumper? Or just an idiot who carrried a childhood obesssion into adulthood?;)

Yup Amazon. I always cringe when I watch those maniacs on YouTube skimming granite. If you brush rock with one side of your body it would seem to me that it's gonna pull you right into it with the differential drag.

I was obsessed with chutes as a kid. When I was about 7 years old I made a parachute out of a bedsheet with clothesline for suspension lines and a harness made out of rope.

I ran down a sloping garage roof inflating it behind me and lept off. I survived with no serious damage.

Am I a BASE jumper? Or just an idiot who carrried a childhood obesssion into adulthood?;)

I love watching that stuff.. but since wingsuits are out for me.... I will pass on going that fast that close to all those hard bits.
I just guess I am allergic to pain.. in my old age.

Since I only have dial-up you will have to explain what is on U-Tube for me. If necessary do it in a PM. if you do NOT want to waste band time in the thread to explain what you are talking about!

Jo, Your pronouncements about the case being closed and what the FBI is going to do and not going to do are a bit overblown.

Just come back down to earth and calm down since you actually don't have the slightest idea of what is going on.

Robert99

NOT over BLOWN at all! All of you guys who make claims the FBI should do this or that - needs to ACTUALLY talk to the FBI! I am more calm than I have been in a LONG LONG time, because I know more than those who toot their horn in the thread.

Especially U Robert99! Especially U. Pick UP the DAMN PHONE!
Present ALL of the subjects you wish - just be sure you have one of the 20's or some other evidence that WILL PUT your subject on the PLANE!

Robert99

NOT over BLOWN at all! All of you guys who make claims the FBI should do this or that - needs to ACTUALLY talk to the FBI! I am more calm than I have been in a LONG LONG time, because I know more than those who toot their horn in the thread.

Especially U Robert99! Especially U. Pick UP the DAMN PHONE!
Present ALL of the subjects you wish - just be sure you have one of the 20's or some other evidence that WILL PUT your subject on the PLANE!

Jo, If you bothered reading this thread, you would know that I don't think any viable suspect has been named here. In fact, I doubt very much if anyone has the slightest idea who Cooper was. And that includes you, Blevins, Sailshaw, Marla, and everyone else.

Robert99

If any of you have a subject to present to the FBI - you will have to do your own research and hire your own investigators.

Has anyone looked at the costs of this investigation. DNA and prints to compare to WHAT? Evidence that has been tainted and evidence the FBI does NOT even know belonged to the Skyjacker.

The only way anyone is going to influence the FBI to continue the investigation on anyone subject is to provide the FBI with physical EVIDENCE. Evidence that in all probablility does NOT exist unless Cooper placed it in a safe place. Like a safety deposit box or some other hiding place.

Problem is - when it is found it is very deteriotated and the finder does NOT even know what they have found. Who pays attention to an old fight ticket and parking stub along with some yucky old ragged 20's...they take the 20's to a bank which replaces them with new bills and the bank doesn't check the bills. The rest is just junk that is tossed in the trash!

An old safe deposit box is closed, the bank is required to make copies of the items. Cash is just deposited into an account and then they run an ad. After so many yrs - they dispose of the items.

IF Weber opened a safe deposit box under the name of John Collins - how would one acquire the items if they could not prove they were the widow of John Collins. Just one example of evidence forever lost!

Not saying this is what happened only using it as an example.