47 47
quade

DB Cooper

Interesting read on the surgeons smokin99. There was always a love/hate relationship between Flight Surgeons and Aircrew, except I don’t remember any of the love stuff. They were obsessed with checking our prostates every other month it seemed, while telling us what a big favor they were doing. Then this was published the other day:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/06/embargoed-no-benefit-from-prostate-cancer-screening/

Well I guess the joke was on me wasn’t it Doctor Fist? Oh it just gets better, it just gets better. Not only was I required to go through this as part of my job but went on to keep practicing this in civilian life during my leisure time and paying for the privilege.

Ultimately all these cross checks can do is lower the frequency of errors and not eliminate them. Out of whatever number of amputations, sooner or later the wrong limb will be removed and a law suit filed to draw attention to the act.

There were times when ONE ‘ah shit’ would have caused…..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

And it almost happened (False Alerts)……

http://www-ee.stanford.edu/~hellman/Breakthrough/book/chapters/borning.html

With all that in place there was still room for a screw up and it happened while some cooler heads kept checking. The one thing the article does not highlight is the fact that starting engines on ‘alert’ was a career ending act by the crew. Moving a plane filled with nukes would land everyone in the clink. The point being, those BUFF crews thought this was the ‘Big One’ playing out since it was a sneak attack in the middle of the night.

If I was on an operating table getting a leg chopped off, I think I would wrap my other leg in chainmail as a way to halt the scalpel, add a titanium lock box over the same leg with three sets of keys for three different locks where the latches are independently wired to a shotgun’s trigger which is securely mounted on a tripod and pointed at the surgeon. But then I’ve always been a risk taker.

Don't know much about Braden, except I think he was checked out by the FBI at some point. His supposed alibi was that he was in Nepal at the time of the hijacking. This could be proven by checking his passport for the stamps. If the FBI checked him out, I imagine that's the first thing they would have looked at. Or maybe not. Back in those days, it was much less difficult to move around without bothering to do customs entry. However...on the return to the US, there might be a record. I don't know. It was the 70's. On the other hand, if he WAS in Nepal and took a plane home to the US, then customs entry is pretty much a requirement. You might be able to avoid it if you came home on a ship, depending on the vessel. Wasn't that just a boatload of info? (*smiles*)

I thought it was Sheridan Peterson that was supposed to be in Nepal in 71?

Facts are now OPTIONAL here.

Goals have changed. (Rather, new goals now
dominate). Get ready for total anarchy.

Marla is online here right now. Maybe she will see this.

Frankly I believe the only reason Marla would even come to the site is to see what others are saying and checking out new facts and stories to use. One individual in the past has called me a liar and story teller, but now he has a new victim (although I do NOT consider Marla a victim other than perhaps a victim of whoever talked her in to pursue this with what little information she had. Surely she would have thought the family was just jesting because their name was Cooper.
With the family name being Cooper it stands that this would be a standing joke at most Thanksgiving get-to-getters.

What is amazing is that the FBI went as far as they did. The FBI is just looking for a way out and current agents NEVER review OLD files. This is basically a repeat of the Weber Story just in a different format. ONE difference - I was 40 yrs old when I was told and hear and saw the things I saw and then some of this was not until 1990 and 1995.

NO agent should ever approach a witness with only ONE photo of a one suspect. IF the FBI actually did this - that was their 1st mistake. All of us have suggested at one time the FBI present several subjects and non subject to the witnesses. This is NOT meant to confuse them, but to see if they actually remember what Cooper looked like.

Personally I had a difficult time figuring out who one of the individuals was at a class reunion and had to ask. This individual had changed a LOT.

Just saying the FBI lost another chance to make a case.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"and it was probably mentioned in the employee newsletter anyway." You are not going to find CIA programs in the 1960s and 1970s mentioned in company's newsletter. In fact the Boeing newsletters for that time frame are probably extinct. Why don't you see if you can find that mention?

:)
Same way with the Pyramid Life Insurance Company Duane worked for without a state license to sell under John Collins. I asked one of the main executives (since their records had been purged- his wording) if he could put me in touch with some of the old DSM's who may have retained old news letters and weekly reports and maybe actual pictures of agents.

Everyday this case gets older and older and with NO pictures of Duane during certain time frames (especially the Jefferson File 1966 to 1968 - We never got to see that prison pic and now we never will).

HAS that NOT made anyone the least bit suspicious - when the last incarceration of Weber (arrested and given a commutation of sentence as John C. Collins) was NEVER made available to the public by the FBI? NOT even when the widow requested it for the purpose of proving she was also the widow of John Collins and perhaps to locate a safe deposit box in that name in the mid-west!

Just asking - NOTE it was actually still available just prior to CARR putting Weber's criminal file on the thread. WHY did he not post Duane's (John Collins) prison pic? That prison pic would have been the best for comparison because it was the closest to the time of the crime. Yet all I had to use was a 1970 polaroid pic - not very good. The FBI might be able to redeem themselves by making WEBER's detailed Jefferson File with photo (intake and out-take) available on this site.

In 1996 when I contacted the FBI the file was available. They do not destory the old original file until there has been NO activity on the file for 30 or 35 yrs. Then it becomes a public file with the detailed file destroyed. There is NO pic with what is available on-line with the state and county.

In 1996 the file was only 25 yrs old. Since there was activity on it prior to the 25 th yr. lower limit they should have kept the orginal file with intake and out-take photos. Questioning the FBI Protocol on this has not been productive.

Now that Jefferson has been torn down - you can expect the original intake and out-take have also been destroyed....I would LOVE for the FBI to show me up on this - ACTUALLY LOVE IT!

So FBI do you stuff - produce the Jefferson Prison In-take photo in 1966 and the out take photo in 1968!

Good name for a book should I be around for someone to write it Ghost of D.B.Cooper by Skyjack71. Cooper's Ghost will not rest until justice has been served. His Ghost consumes energy from the many tales of his woeful ending. Cooper's ghost has been haunting and entertaining...with some being obsessed by his strange disappearance without a trace. 40 yrs later the Ghost of D.B.Cooper still roams...

Was this just a simple unwitting person seeking his death or did he actual think he could GET AWAY WITH IT? When Dan Cooper died - he took his secret with him or did he?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

"and it was probably mentioned in the employee newsletter anyway." You are not going to find CIA programs in the 1960s and 1970s mentioned in company's newsletter. In fact the Boeing newsletters for that time frame are probably extinct. Why don't you see if you can find that mention?

Jo, I didn't say "extinct". I said "extant". Check your dictionary.

Georger: Thanks for the holiday wishes. Got a question for you and 377 and all that would like to participate. Lets say it is 1972 a year after the hijacking what qualifications would your prime suspect have to have.What direction would you take this investigation ? What information that was available would be the most important? What would be your most valuable piece of evidence?What would be your favorite clue?Lets see what kind of profile each person can come up with. Jerry

That's EASY! First is JANET! Second is the parachute chase and the "X". Third, the missing messages to the co-pilot. Fourth, that guilty naughty bad boy look. (attached)

Robert,

You're entitled to believe whatever you want to believe about Marla's story -- as is everyone else on this board -- so I won't keep rehashing it.

I'll just finish by saying. You wrote a co-book about Christenson and your case is laid out in your own words. Marla does not yet have a book, nor a full length magazine article that could be reviewed and checked. What we have is Marla's story as others have heard it. There misunderstandings, misconceptions and sometimes just plain errors. She could have given the exact same interview to several reporters and there would be inconsistencies. As a result, I'm not ready to call "Gotcha!" every time something doesn't jibe.

........Good name for a book should I be around for someone to write it Ghost of D.B.Cooper by Skyjack71........

"This is What I'm Going to Decide Happened!" by Skyjack71.
"The Way I Want You To Think It Was."
"I've Got a Secret!" Ruined My Life."
"Tricky Dicky With Covert Dan and Da Boys."
"Thomas and Knoss Ruined My Life."
"Red and Blue and Red and Blue and Red All Caps!!"

........Good name for a book should I be around for someone to write it Ghost of D.B.Cooper by Skyjack71........

"This is What I'm Going to Decide Happened!" by Skyjack71.
"The Way I Want You To Think It Was."
"I've Got a Secret!" Ruined My Life."
"Tricky Dicky With Covert Dan and Da Boys."
"Thomas and Knoss Ruined My Life."
"Red and Blue and Red and Blue and Red All Caps!!"

When she writes it, you will need to do the Forward.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Maybe Blevins should publish Marla's book. A small run.

Nobody else is likely to publish it. Perhaps it is fiction but at least she would work tirelessly to promote it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this about LD Cooper & Dewey Max Cooper, I see a problem with Birth dates?

Records show Dewy died in 1985 at age 54. (see attached photo)
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Nobody else is likely to publish it. Perhaps it is fiction but at least she would work tirelessly to promote it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this about LD Cooper & Dewey Max Cooper, I see a problem with Birth dates?

Interesting.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

What we have is Marla's story as others have heard it. There misunderstandings, misconceptions and sometimes just plain errors. She could have given the exact same interview to several reporters and there would be inconsistencies. As a result, I'm not ready to call "Gotcha!" every time something doesn't jibe.

Pointed this out to Blev right at the outset of
RMB's missadventure. He ignored it. He reveled in
ignoring it - with slogans (the tough get going! build
a bigger ladder)! Just as he did with Blast. RMB isnt
about facts, but about social attention and market
share which means social media. Turns out he isnt
capable of anything better. Because: HE'S ON A
TIGHT PRODUCTION SCHEDULE ands could care less
about quality! Volume is all that matters to Blevins.

Blevins assumes if you flood the market competitors
will go away - and he's right! Especially here where
the audience is captive. So he has basically taken
over Dropzone and Quade let him do it! (Just as Jo
Weber did before). People ignore this thread now or
leave, or never come in the first place. Meanwhile
very nice work is being done in the background by
others, but it doesnt happen and isnt being shared
here. Can't happen here because of the
environment.
:S

Will you be attending the AB Books/Ayatollah
Blevins Symposium ?

:D

Will you be attending the AB Books/Ayatollah
Blevins Symposium ?

I live in Seattle, so I'm planning to attend. I'd like to meet others from this forum. Even Robert.

I want to thank you for your responses - which are
perfectly clear. I will now remove my original poll question. Thanks.
G

Interesting.

Matt

I was watching a interview on NewsOk with Nolan Clay, he asked how to spell Dewey's name and she corrected him by saying Dewie? this confused me given the fact she said she has been researching her Family!

I started researching Dewey and this is when I found the Birth dates not making any sense, this was a very interesting interview found here.

http://newsok.com/marla-cooper-uncut/multimedia/video/1095753368001
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

Here's a Big Truth about this thread: Everyone who has proposed a suspect here has had to answer questions, or have their claims investigated by others on this thread. Marla is no exception. I've been grilled (and corrected) on points, and so has everyone else. And she is the not the only one who has avoided the hard questions on this thread. Galen Cook is absent, for example.

In my defense, when people have grilled me on KC, instead of bailing on those questions, I tried to answer, or to present what evidence I have to offer. I have never said I was sure that KC was the hijacker. Truth is, I just don't know if he was. I suspect it, but suspicion is not proof, and without a smoking gun than the idea of KC remains a theory only.

"Here's a Big Truth about this thread."

Your truth (of the moment), not ours, and not the
truth of this thread! ? You neither speak for people
here much less know what is in our heads! Any
pretense on your part that you can read people's
minds here reveals the fact you are simply an
ideologist on the move - not a rational force. You
have been in trouble over this central fact since you
stepped foot here, after years of this thread already
being a living fact and not a peep from
RobertMBlevins - whoever he is!.

(2) You have been "blasting" Galen Cook since you
started here, for some reason. Its easy to keep
attacking someone who isnt even here! All you are is
a very jealous person, jealous of Cook and others.

(3) "In my defense, when people have grilled me on KC, instead of bailing on those questions, I tried to answer, or to present what evidence I have .."

Total lie. You intentionally ignored, stalled for
almost a year, and finally refused to answer every
single question put to you. You gave as your
reason: "well you havent questions of mine"! That
was a cute maneuver on your part - made me laugh
because it defined your tactics. :D You show up
here with a suspect and a book no less, and wont
even answer basic questions, and fire back: "well
you havent answered questions of mine?" ???
WHAT QUESTIONS!? You are the one with all the
answers, you say!

Mr Blevins you dont answer simple questions by
attacking the people simply asking questions,
and charging THEM with 'not answering YOUR
questions'? That is the tactic of an ideological thug
which has nothing to offer, in the first place.

All of this nonsense ended a year ago, since you
dont know! Its time for you to catch up with the
rest of the world once again.

Good luck with your Catch Up Symposium.

Georger: I won't re-quote your post. We obviously have a difference of opinion on these things. .

Mr Blevins. This thread and others existed for years
before you showed up, and the Cooper case itself
for 37 years prior to that.

Only an intellectual thug and a pompous ass would
show up and try to tell us who we are, who we need
to be, or who and what the Cooper case is, all
based on some tired worn out story someone else
had already done, ie. Kenny Christiansen.

That is all there is to this, and to you.

You havent reinvented the wheel!

Any questions about Tosaw ask Galen Cook.
He will help you!

:S:D

Last, for some reason you were asked/requested/booted off or whatever removed from the Citizens Sleuth Team. My guess on that last one is 'does not work well with others'.

There are some people armoured with the
conviction that there are some things in Life
not worth knowing about; as a consequence they end up knowing everything! Onset is usually during
highschool, just as you describe.

Blevins I left highschool with eight scholarships
in music and two scholarships in science, to just
about any place I wanted to go.

I did not pick anything in the State of Washington
because I just knew you and DB Cooper would be
there - inevitably!

:D:D:D

The only news here is just one more example
of "some guy" who lives in the State of Washington
who think he owns, or can own, the DB Cooper case?
What is there about the State of Washington that
spawns these kinds of Cooper-nuts?

Could be because Cooper probably jumped here with all that money. Just a guess, though. :)
I don't own the case. Just another in a list of people who wrote about one facet or another. Tosaw, Himmelsbach, etc. My contribution is very modest compared to them.

So you compare with Tosaw and/or Himmelsbach, et cetera ?

Do you compare with ..... yourself?

Enough, Master.

I give up.

So you compare with Tosaw and/or Himmelsbach, et cetera ?

Do you compare with ..... yourself?

Enough, Master.

I give up.

I strongly believe his ONLY purpose is to shield the Co-pilot, as the KC fable was oriented from that source and his name was mentioned as 'Crew'. That's what is under the pale, er, pail. "Bucket? There was no bucket! Milk pail. There was no milk pail! Wasn't Weber! Whatever you say is a lie, so there! I win!" And he takes his marbles and goes home. But, he's right back at it in an hour. I want to hold the buzzer.

Anyone got a link to Marla's Facebook account?

just type marla wynn cooper and it will pop up:)
http://www.facebook.com/marla.cooper?sk=wall