47 47
quade

DB Cooper

There is more to it guys - trust me.

This is not just another lady, relative that is hawking a book and looking to start posting every minute on DZ.

BTW, saw a history channel program "Detector" and I laughed my ass off. Everyone thinks they have solved the hijacking with there relative or suspect of choice with a complete circumstantial evidence. What a joke. In one scene they took KC print and put under the sketch and all the paid actors had this "Ah Hah!" moment. Like case solved. Sorry without DNA, Fingerprints, a parachute or the money you are just another wannabee. This lead is different - trust me.

If you are looking for "trust" you are on the wrong thread.

How about some "facts" from you.

Where did L. D. Cooper, or whatever his name was, get his very specific information on the 727?

Are you working on the book with the niece?

I know, I know, could there be more? This thread has a long and rich history of checking maps first. So let me launch a preemptive apology to the closet cartographers who are suffered to read this.

After around 25,000 comments and some of the most painfully sub-atomic analysis known to man about the jump location, Sisters, OR sounds plausible to some?

Attached is a graphic that illustrates the distance between Battle Ground, WA and Sisters, OR which is roughly 113.149 statute miles as the crow flies.

OK then, so far so good. Now the story goes that Cooper arrived in Sisters wearing a blood stained shirt and proclaiming to the person he just traveled those afore mentioned miles, ’Hey we really hijacked that airplane’.

So this is my question; is the town sisters named after girls that are related or lesbian nuns? I hope 377 doesn’t notice my bias on this subject.

Don't kill this story with logic and time and distance calcs Farflung, at least not until we get some more face time with the niece.

Google maps shows the road distance bertween Battleground and Sisters to be 179.2 miles.

Maybe you need to do some follow up work to Bruce's convent visit. I can see you have a strong interest in that area.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

This is not just another lady, relative that is hawking a book and looking to start posting every minute on DZ.

You only register recently and you have NOT stated what your interest in this is. This woman was able to contoct her story from the things posted in this thread.

If I want to get technical - does anyone know what fingerprints the FBI used for Duane L. Weber:

Carr stated and used the McNeil Island Federal prison as the source of prints for Duane L. Weber.

In 2000 the FBI denied that Duane Weber was ever in McNeil. I have a recording of that phone conversation - and if the FBI wants to come after me for it - so be it! Does NOT one of you find it STRANGE they told me in 2000 Duane was NOT in McNeil and then the McNeil File was used as the source of Weber's firnger prints.

CARR stated this in the thread when I questioned the prints. Go back it is ALL here. NOW I want the FBI to use the more recent prints[/b. The FBI was ordered to bury WEBER, but the FBI never expect his widow to be so determined and stubborn. I am NOT someone you deal with when I actually held evidence in my hands.

Could the FBI have used faulty print files on Weber assuming the prints at McNeil were actually his - and yet stating categorically to me on the phone in March of 2000 that Duane was NEVER inMcNeil........??????????

When they find out I had the McNeil file then they states - Duane only passed thru McNeil. NOTE the wording on this - Passed thru.

If the FBI needs to use the Canon City prints or the Jefferson prints (if they really ever existed). Not the prints on a 1944 file the FBI claimed did NOT exist in 2000. Could the FBI have SCREWED UP?
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

I'm not doubting that Marla had an odd uncle, and no doubt with that surname that there were running Cooper jokes in the family and among friends, but the way she stressed referring to him as just L.D. in the ABC interview as if everyone in the family normally addressed him as LD instead of Lynn seemed forced. I suspect if this guy did any jumps during his service; that is a detail that probably would have been mentioned up front.

Marla remembering her uncle's Dan Cooper comics is far too convenient. Dan Cooper wasn't exactly Captain America or Batman; these comics were published in Europe and not even in English. I just don't buy that this 40 year old Korean War veteran living in Oregon was going to tear the covers off his imported French comic book and tack it to the wall.

The guy is long dead, cannot be interviewed, and DNA or prints are going to be long gone; the only way this reasonably could be proved either way is if he has prints on file from being in the service and they can match up.

An old photo of a average looking white guy, a common surname, and Marla gets to do the UFO TV show circuit and sell books.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't recall Thanksgiving three years ago, let alone what gadgets my uncles were playing with when on a specific holiday when I was eight years old.

I'm not doubting that Marla had an odd uncle, and no doubt with that surname that there were running Cooper jokes in the family and among friends, but the way she stressed referring to him as just L.D. in the ABC interview as if everyone in the family normally addressed him as LD instead of Lynn seemed forced. I suspect if this guy did any jumps during his service; that is a detail that probably would have been mentioned up front.

Marla remembering her uncle's Dan Cooper comics is far too convenient. Dan Cooper wasn't exactly Captain America or Batman; these comics were published in Europe and not even in English. I just don't buy that this 40 year old Korean War veteran living in Oregon was going to tear the covers off his imported French comic book and tack it to the wall.

The guy is long dead, cannot be interviewed, and DNA or prints are going to be long gone; the only way this reasonably could be proved either way is if he has prints on file from being in the service and they can match up.

An old photo of a average looking white guy, a common surname, and Marla gets to do the UFO TV show circuit and sell books.

I don't know about anyone else but I can't recall Thanksgiving three years ago, let alone what gadgets my uncles were playing with when on a specific holiday when I was eight years old.

:o:S[:/]I don't know who you are, but I am thankful you appeared when you did as I was getting ready to do a similar post and now I don't need to stress myself doing so. You said if far more eloguently and nicely than I am capable of doing.

P.S.
I still haven't been able to see a picture of this man - I like to see the pictures of such individuals.

If I can get permission there is a picture of a man involved in the 727 involvements of the late 60's (A little mystery here - he was actually on the plane when it was skyjacked). Yet, this man's involvement with the 727's has never been mentioned. (This may only be a relative making an notorious claim that might easily be disproven). What do you guys think - should I turn his picture and the email the person sent over to the FBI?

The relative tried to do this several months ago and the FBI refused (per what she told me).
This was a fact she did NOT discuss with me several yrs ago when I first became aware of her and why I am skeptical about the information.

The FBI was ordered to bury WEBER, but the FBI never expect his widow to be so determined and stubborn.

Ordered to bury Weber? Your proof of this extraordinary claim?

Jo, the incorrect McNeill info is just as easily explained by a mistake than a massive conspiracy to "bury Weber". We know which alternative Occam would choose.

I can't tell you how many times I got incorrect info from the FBI or the Bureau of Prisons when I was practicing criminal law. In all but one case it was just sloppiness, poor record keeping and research and human error, not a conspiracy to conceal the truth or mislead me.

The US Govt initially gave out incorrect info about the alleged UFO crash at Roswell. The alien proponents used this as hard evidence of a coverup and conspiracy. To them, incorrect info proved that aliens crashed and bodies were recovered. I've read a lot about this case and I am convinced it really was a Project Mogul balloon crash, not an ET craft. The government made mistakes, they may have even deliberatley lied, but that doesnt convert a US made balloon intoi an alien spacecraft.

You need to present evidence that puts Duane on the plane or even just under a chute. Focusing on FBI mistakes or lies does neither.

You have constellated the FBI's incorrect info on Duane's McNeill incarceration and made it into proof of a conspiracy to "bury Weber". Even if they were trying to bury Weber it doesnt prove he was Dan Cooper.

I do agree with this one statement you made:

but the FBI never expect[ed] his widow to be so determined and stubborn.

You are the Energizer Bunny, for sure.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Ok, so I’m reading these articles where the deceased father reminds Marla that her uncle hijacked that airplane.

Then a few years later her mother says something about her uncle being Cooper upon which I assumed her mother to be dead. Because her mother has not joined forces with the former 8 year old who was witness to his walkie talkie use and planning. Apparently the mother is a source of confirmation to what a little girl witnessed but good ‘ol mom isn’t part of this discovery.

http://www.kolotv.com/nationalnews/headlines/Okla_Woman_Claims_Famed_Hijacker_DB_Cooper_is_Her_Uncle_126738193.html

Third line from the bottom:

“She said her mother recently provided investigators with a guitar strap belonging to her uncle to be tested for fingerprints.”

What about mother?

Greetings, Ive been reading for some time now , i wasn't sure about joining in but this i had to ask. I thought the cigarette butts were lost ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021246/DB-Cooper-lived-30-years-200-000-plane-hijacking-1971.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Investigators are now trying to match DNA evidence left on Raleigh brand cigarette butts the perpetrator smoked on board the commandeered plane with that of the dead suspect.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2021246/DB-Cooper-lived-30-years-200-000-plane-hijacking-1971.html#ixzz1U1ER7LmC

LD Cooper: What if they find one of the original bills? That would do it.

Considering some 20's were sold on Ebay ..dunno , im sure those serial numbers were scratched off the list though. Im very curious about the ciggie butts as from early on the forum was told these were lost so how a british newspaper can tell us they are being tested now is quite a revelation , to me anyway.

I totally agree with your assessment. This guy shows up at Thanksgiving dinner after jumping from an airplane? I doubt it. Also Mrs. Weber, you're diatribes are getting very old. You make little sense and after reading some of your posts it's obvious you are a disgusting person. Give it a rest.

You better believe it.

LD Cooper. Dang. That's really hitting close to home. I should begin worrying when the FBI comes a-knockin'. Agin...

http://berniesayers.com/I_am_not_DB_Cooper.htm

I should go back to picking stocks and roulette. I can foretell the future!!!
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

Ok, so I’m reading these articles where the deceased father reminds Marla that her uncle hijacked that airplane.

Then a few years later her mother says something about her uncle being Cooper upon which I assumed her mother to be dead. Because her mother has not joined forces with the former 8 year old who was witness to his walkie talkie use and planning. Apparently the mother is a source of confirmation to what a little girl witnessed but good ‘ol mom isn’t part of this discovery.

http://www.kolotv.com/nationalnews/headlines/Okla_Woman_Claims_Famed_Hijacker_DB_Cooper_is_Her_Uncle_126738193.html

Third line from the bottom:

“She said her mother recently provided investigators with a guitar strap belonging to her uncle to be tested for fingerprints.”

What about mother?

good map! B|

Georger likes to quote me occasionally:

"Look, I kind of know what the deal is with Tina
Mucklow. You can believe me or not, it's up to you.
But before you decide if I'm right, consider this:

I may have been wrong on some things
occasionally, but I don't make up stuff regarding the
Cooper case. Not intentionally, anyway.

The True Tina Deal As Far As I Know It:
Even if you could see her now, she would tell you
she remembers little from the night of the hijacking.

She's had 'issues' over the years. To a degree, you
could call them psychological issues. She's NOT
crazy. She is doing okay now. And you won't be able
to get a single thing out of her. Remember, she's
about 62 years old now and a bit different from the
wide-eyed stew who dallied with Cooper. There have
been changes to her personality and she's a little
fragile. This is why her family protects her. And
that's all you're getting out of me about it. I have all
of this on very good information. You can take it or
leave it as you like.

It's a true bummer, since she was the best witness..."

Yes. I did say that. Tell me where it says she's a zombie or incompetent. I must have missed that part. It's pretty much as I said. She's had 'issues,' and I don't specify exactly what because I don't know. This is from her family and that's all they would say.

Like I said, please don't put words into my mouth or lump me in with that so-called 'journalist,' Bruce Smith. :S

Put words in your mouth? No. You say above:

"She's had 'issues' over the years. To a degree, you
could call them psychological issues. She's NOT
crazy. She is doing okay now. And you won't be able
to get a single thing out of her. There have
been changes to her personality and she's a little
fragile. This is why her family protects her. ...."

In previous posts you were even more specific.
It was you who arrived here presenting yourself as
an expert on Tina Mucklow via Porteous.

Read the thread. They are your posts.

I totally agree with your assessment. This guy shows up at Thanksgiving dinner after jumping from an airplane? I doubt it. Also Mrs. Weber, you're diatribes are getting very old. You make little sense and after reading some of your posts it's obvious you are a disgusting person. Give it a rest.

>:(You entered this thread on the 3rd of August and you have NOT read the 1000's of posts that I have made over the yrs. When you do then you can judge me, until then you need to be at least polite. When you have walked in my step for 15 yrs then you can judge me.

You have never met me nor do you know what I have been through in my search and my research. What I say here may not be agreed on by everyone, but you know nothing about me.
You need to reserve your derogatory comments such as "disgusting". It is a very strong word and insulting. This thread has tried to discuss Cooper in an orderly fashion - not by name calling. We try to be polite and most of the times kind in our derogatory posts about others. Name calling is unnessary.

What I have done is point out a large flaw in the FBI system be it an error as 377 states or a deliberate diversion. The FBI at least needs to consider the circumstances under which they made their claim when they used the McNeil File prints to disqualify Weber and in March of 2000 tell me Weber had never been in Mc Neil.

Which came first the Chicken or the Egg? That is the question the FBI should answer regarding the prints use for Weber.

Go back and read the posts that Ckret made (that was Larry Carr the FBI Agent). He clearly states the McNeil prints are used in the central system.

His making a statement that inferred the McNeil prints are what disqualified Weber and then the fact that another Agent whose name I do not remember at this moment - told me in 2000 that Duane was NOT in McNeil. If the McNeil prints are the basis for his deduction then the FBI needs to prove they are the same prints in the other prison files.

I ask the FBI to clarify this and to use prints from Canon or Jefferson. They have not done so at this point.

I assume you think I am trash of some sort from your statement and I take that as a personal attack on my character.
I DID not know my husband was a 5 time FELON until after I contacted the FBI. Gullible maybe, but not disgusting - that word is just not acceptable. I am anything but disgusting. A personal attack such as the one you made is disgusting and unnessary.

Posts like that are not looked at too kindly in the DZ population. We often get into heated discussions - and we have to RAISE our voice to get thing over. If I do NOT make sense to you then you have NOT read all of the thread nor have you ever spoke with me personally. I ramble and why am hard to follow.

I know what I held in my hands. I slightly opened the bag and read what was on it. He told it wasn't important just an old bank bag from a bank in WA. I just figured it was something he had obtained in one of his storage purchases (unpaid lockers). The stub I held in my hand was also during this same time period in 1990.

The ticket would not surface until 1994 in one of the 1990 Tax box from our shop. It would then surface a few wks latter and I never saw it again.

Our trip to Wa was in 1979.

I just watched the woman who made the claim on a TV program. I saw people looking for money and a book as the woman has in an article been quoted as saying she is writing a book. Everything he has stated she was taken from this thread.

Back in 1971 - the Dan Cooper Comics had never came into play.
This idea was introduced in this thread by our Snowmman and then it became part of the Cooper story.

Please hold your judgement until the FBI has a match on prints and DNA. I just saw a moment ago the first picture I have seen of this man. I am surprised the family does NOT have better pictures of him....and perhaps they do, but are not bringing them forward because it would then make their efforts seem forged.

Are you aware of the OTHER composites? If not then you need to review them.

Nightline showed the niece's mother being interviewed. She's on board.

As the kind folks at Dropzone have pointed out to me time and again: Claims require proof.

Otherwise the niece and the mother are just like the people in this scene from the classic film:

http://youtu.be/-8h_v_our_Q

(Substitute the word 'Cooper' for the famous phrase and there you go)

Spartacus? Really Blevins? Regardless, the mother did have a little to ad during the Nightline piece. Basically backing the niece up.

>:(You entered this thread on the 3rd of August and you have NOT read the 1000's of posts that I have made over the yrs. When you do then you can judge me, until then you need to be at least polite. When you have walked in my step for 15 yrs then you can judge me.

You have never met me nor do you know what I have been through in my search and my research. What I say here may not be agreed on by everyone, but you know nothing about me.
You need to reserve your derogatory comments as "disgusting" is a very strong word and insulting. This thread has tried to discuss Cooper in an orderly fashion - not by name calling. We try to be polite and most of the times kind in our derogator posts about others. Name calling is unnessary.

What I have done is point out a large flaw in the FBI system be it an error as 377 states or a deliberate diversion. The FBI at least needs to consider the circumstances under which they made their claim when they used the McNeil File prints to disqualify Weber and the in March of 2000 tell me Weber had never been in Mc Neil.

Which came first the Chicken or the Egg? That is the question the FBI should answer regarding the prints use for Weber.

Go back and read the posts that Ckret made (that was Larry Carr the FBI Agent). He clearly states the McNeil prints were used in regards to Weber and that those prints are what is in the central system.

His making a statement that inferred the McNeil prints are what disqualified Weber and then the fact that another Agent whose name I do not remember at this moment - told me in 2000 that Duane was NOT in McNeil.

I ask the FBI to clarify this and to use prints from Canon or Jefferson. They have not done so at this point.

I assume you think I am trash of some sort from your statement and I take that as a personal attack on my character.
I DID not know my husband was a 5 time FELON until after I contacted the FBI. Gullible maybe, but not disgusting - that word is just not acceptable. I am anything but disgusting. A personal attack such as the one you made is disgusting and unnessary.

Posts like that are not looked at too kindly by 90 percent of the DZ population. We often get into heated discussion - and we have to RAISE our voice to get thing over. If I do NOT make sense to you then you have NOT read all of the thread nor have you ever spoke with me personally. I ramble and why am hard to follow.

I know what I held in my hand and when I slightly opened the bag and then asked Duane about when he got back in the van - and told it wasn't important just an old bank bag from a bank in WA. I just figured it was something he had obtained in one of his storage purchases (unpaid lockers). The stub I held in my hand was also during this same time period in 1990.

The ticket would not surface until 1994 in one of the 1990 Tax box from our shop. It would then surface a few wks latter and I never saw it again.

I just watched this woman on a TV program - these people are looking for money and a book as the woman as already been quoted as saying she is writing a book. Everything he has stated she has taken from this thread.

Back in 1971 - the Dan Cooper Comics had never came into play.
This idea was introduced in this thread by our Snowmman and then it became part of the Cooper story.

Please hold your judgement until the FBI has a match on prints and DNA. I just saw a moment ago the first picture I have seen of this man. I am surprised the family does NOT have better pictures of him....and perhaps they do but are not bringing them forward because it would then make their efforts seem forged.

Are you aware of the OTHER composites? If not then you need to review them.

So you watched Nightline tonite uh Jo?