DB Cooper

Georger wrote

There is a fourth option never discussed: ICE. Ice in tandem
with a natural water event. That some portion of the Cooper
money got frozen in ice and was transported to Tina Bar in ice
to wind up being trapped high up on the beach, then melted
and was silted over.

There's a fresh idea.

Hey Amazon, ever see any mini/micro bergs coming down the river in this area? If so, do they ever have debris inside the ice?

I'll be jumping on Sunday. On some loads I am 3x the age of any other jumper on the King Air. It's actually a great sport for bridging age gaps. If you aren't a sky menace or a jerk, an old jumper can get along fine with the young maniacs. Where else do you see white hair mixing socially with purple and orange?

I do worry about the kids that seem to push the edge further every time they jump. I've seen some hook turn swoops that make me cringe. You can't keep pushing the edge forever, but they dont seem to get it. Perhaps they will mellow with age...

One FBI agent pushed Palmer pretty hard on this - Palmer
admitted it was a possibility. The agent wasn't buying the
Washougal theory or a remark Palmer had made about 'bills/
bundles rolling along the bottom of the river to account for
their edge wear'! The exchange has always struck me as kind
of funny (but nobody was laughing). Himmelsbach was very
wedded to the Washougal theory for a number of reasons and
virtually every agent (I have ever polled) said 'they had been
told' the money had come from the Washougal. If you poll agents
today that is probably what they will say and its based on
Himmelsbach's influence during this period.. one particular agent
wasn't buying it ands it took some courage for him tospeak out
directly to Palmer.

The Faxio had said the bundles were right on the 'high tide line'
and as far as they were concerned had shown up with the last
high tide - the FBI wasn't buying that theory but "high tide line"
registered with several agents and from this one agent put 2+2
together and thought "ice". Ice floating up on the bar perhaps
with the tide or at some other time when high water and ice
were both in play. Smart agent!

Ice also solves one more problem - long distance and/or partial
bundle transport. Ice will freeze down to a certain level
encapsulating debris in it, then when it moves on it takes
whatever is in it to a new location; the portion left behind may
stay or wash away. It also has the power of holding things
together for transport. Ive seen parts of animal carcasses
hauled away in the ice and redeposited downstream.

skyjack71

U guys have been at this for 7 yrs now and NOT one person has ever seen the report (actually it was a letter) Palmer did to reaffirm to Tosaw his findings. HA! I just as well give you a little something else to think about! GALEN COOK supposedly was given some things that Tosaw left for him - but, NO ONE knows if this is true.

Cook who was a kid when TOSAW did his searching - supposedly helped on the river. I do NOT remember from where I found this information or if it is true. Only Cook knows the truth about this. Tosaw does not mention Galen by name in his book!

Oh Well GLACIER BOY really got around. Why do not one of you ask Cooper why I call him Glacier Boy? I did NOT learn about GLACIER BOY with out a lot of HELP, but my knowledge of this - sure did impress Galen Cook!

Nap Time for this old lady at 4 PM on this Tuesday in Sept 2013. Think about Glacier Boy and the Palmer information - IT was 1980 and I assure YOU there was a written accounting of this man's findings as they were done in an official capacity.

You mean Duane was an iceberg?

Worked with Santa?

Knew Rudolph?

Holy Moses!

Nope.. Even in the coldest winters.. the air and water temps just do not lead to anything more than a very thin crust of maybe 1/8 inch even in the calm backwaters of say the slough on Sauvie Island Willow bar. Some of the shallow lakes on the island might get a little thicker at a cold night.. but in the river.. nah.. too much flow in the winters.

Amazon

Nope.. Even in the coldest winters.. the air and water temps just do not lead to anything more than a very thin crust of maybe 1/8 inch even in the calm backwaters of say the slough on Sauvie Island Willow bar. Some of the shallow lakes on the island might get a little thicker at a cold night.. but in the river.. nah.. too much flow in the winters.

Have there been years when there was more ice than other years
1971-1980? Especially ice associated with flood?

Back in January of 2010, we had a detailed discussion about the money.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3782527

Brian Ingram auctioned off many of the largest bills in 2008.

The process for preparing the bills uncovered 35 more serial numbers than were previously recorded (because the fragments were stuck together) plus smaller pieces were put together to reconstruct a larger portion of a bill.

http://www.coinnews.net/2008/02/27/pcgs-currency-notifies-fbi-of-d-b-cooper-serial-numbers-3953/

http://www.coinnews.net/2008/03/31/heritage-offers-db-cooper-skyjacking-notes-4019/

http://www.coinnews.net/2008/06/13/db-cooper-notes-make-37k-at-heritages-americana-memorabilia-auction/

Then smaller pieces in 2009. It looks like the 2009 auction link still shows some fragments up for bid.
http://www.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=0+790+231&Nty=1&Ntk=SI_Titles&Ntt=%22d+b+cooper%22

skyjack71

U guys have been at this for 7 yrs now and NOT one person has ever seen the report (actually it was a letter) Palmer did to reaffirm to Tosaw his findings. HA! I just as well give you a little something else to think about! GALEN COOK supposedly was given some things that Tosaw left for him - but, NO ONE knows if this is true.

Cook who was a kid when TOSAW did his searching - supposedly helped on the river. I do NOT remember from where I found this information or if it is true. Only Cook knows the truth about this. Tosaw does not mention Galen by name in his book!

Oh Well GLACIER BOY really got around. Why do not one of you ask Cooper why I call him Glacier Boy? I did NOT learn about GLACIER BOY with out a lot of HELP, but my knowledge of this - sure did impress Galen Cook!

Nap Time for this old lady at 4 PM on this Tuesday in Sept 2013. Think about Glacier Boy and the Palmer information - IT was 1980 and I assure YOU there was a written accounting of this man's findings as they were done in an official capacity.

Points to consider concerning the Palmer Report since the
Blevins' claim the Palmer family sent him a copy of the Palmer
Report:

Did Tosaw have a copy - No.

Did Tosaw have a copy that passed to Galen Cook? No.

Did the report get into the hands of either Palmer's widow (she
lives in OR) or Palmer's son in CA. ?

Have these individuals been interviewed on this matter - Yes.

"I asked them and the son told me that the Report was
exclusive FBI property, since they paid Palmer to do the work.
They said they have never seen the report."

Did Palmer himself have a courtesy copy in his office? The
archivist at the PSU Library reports no such report was noticed
in Palmer's papers at PSU.

Did any of Palmer's colleagues or students have the report?
Only one former colleague and a student of Palmer's who
worked with Palmer during the period of the Tina Bar Excavation
has been interviewed to my knowledge - both report "no".
Neither have ever seen the Palmer Report.

mrshutter45

Jo, I don't think you ever explained why you said multiple times Duane was no where near Tena Bar?

July 3, 2008...Ok, Duane went NOWHERE near Tena's Bar. the closest we got was The Red Lion Inn at the bridge.

Jan 21,2008...I walked away from the crew and Himmelsbach back to the cars...I was crying and wanted to be alone. I was not going to pretend this was the area Duane took me in 1979.

there is a couple more.....?

Number one - If I said Duane was NO where near Tena's bar - it has to be taken out of context or something stated in pure frustration. I have maintained since get go the place Duane took me. I described it in detail to Himmelsbach and I didn't even have a damn map and any picture I saw at that time were in Max Gunther's book. The only thing about the 2001 trip with Himmelsbach and the media - WAS the APPROACH not feeling right. The beach was dead on.

This could have been when JT was harassing me also. The arial pictures posted on the thread - the house did NOT seem right. BUT, visual pictures of the house and the house I saw in 2001 was the same house I saw in 1979...the same beach and the same fence & trees (except larger) and the gate.

What threw me was the approach and Himmelsbach and I straightened that out after we got back in the car and headed toward the Red Lion. I asked Himmelsbach (he and I were in the back seat) about some building on my right along the river. It was the approach. They didn't approach Tina's bar as Duane and I approached it.

I have also explained that I am very very camera shy and the confusion that was going on with the crew. I wanted them to take me West of there - because I wanted to be sure, but I did NOT change it.

IF you go back to the conversations - I believe this was when JT was giving me a hard time on the thread.

THere was also someone else in the thread around that time who didn't want me to blow HIS theory out of the water. In frustration I may have thrown my hands up and just went along for a short period of time. I did this to appease another person, but if you go further you will find I walked away from the confusion and stayed with what I knew and remembered.
Copyright 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 2013, 2014, 2015 by Jo Weber

mrshutter45

Jo, I don't think you ever explained why you said multiple times Duane was no where near Tena Bar?

July 3, 2008...Ok, Duane went NOWHERE near Tena's Bar. the closest we got was The Red Lion Inn at the bridge.

Jan 21,2008...I walked away from the crew and Himmelsbach back to the cars...I was crying and wanted to be alone. I was not going to pretend this was the area Duane took me in 1979.

there is a couple more.....?

This has been said before and I will repeat I explained the hows and whys and at that time I even went BACK to the posts referred to. I do NOT have the stamina to do that anymore, but ALL of that was explained and I expect it is probably very close to the explanation I offered in the post just prior to this one.

Sept 2, 2008...377 said this..

Jo,

Put Duane at Tena Bar before the money find and I'll pay attention. A nebulous stealthy meeting with unknown people at the Fontaine Blue Bar proves nothing with respect to Norjack.

Better yet, put Duane in a chute. You said you could.
You said you had proof he was Cooper. Stop teasing and show it, or admit you mislead us.

it happens over several years Jo and then changes.

your reply was a day later. see photo
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

georger

***U guys have been at this for 7 yrs now and NOT one person has ever seen the report (actually it was a letter) Palmer did to reaffirm to Tosaw his findings. HA! I just as well give you a little something else to think about! GALEN COOK supposedly was given some things that Tosaw left for him - but, NO ONE knows if this is true.

Oh Well GLACIER BOY really got around. Why do not one of you ask Cooper Cook not Cooper made an error

Why I call him Glacier Boy? I did NOT learn about GLACIER BOY with out a lot of HELP, but my knowledge of this - sure did impress Galen Cook!

You mean Duane was an iceberg?

Worked with Santa?

Knew Rudolph?

Holy Moses!

Cook was GLACIER BOY not COOPER!

Yea, Weber did work with SANTA - in fact he like to play SANTA leaving packages and bags of groceries & gift for families who HAD nothing for Christmas.

Weber had a GOOD heart!

RobertMBlevins

Georger says in part:

'Blevins stated he had no idea 'who' had sent him the Palmer Report - Gayla took it out of the AB mail sent by some
anonymous person - now he claims it was sent by a "Palmer
family member"!...'

Some years back, when I read Palmer's obituary, I started sending out letters to some of the people mentioned in the obituary asking about the report. Also to Portland State University. The document that arrived was not an FBI-based paper and it was at least a year later. I only took a cursory glance at it. I ASSUMED it was from one of the family members. I would say 'reviewed it' was generous. People send us stuff ALL THE TIME and mostly in manila envelopes. Everyone thinks they are an author. Some of them I only look in the top of the envelope, and if I see it's a manuscript, I hand it to Gayla for shredding. We don't accept unsolicited ms. It's on the website.

If you really want to try this again, then fine. I have contacted the same people again, although I skipped the university this time because you said you found nothing there. This time I gave all of them my phone number, etc. Mostly I found them through Facebook.

You know...if you had just said in the beginning that it was Bruce Smith who alleged he saw Kenny's death certificate and that it mentioned an HIV-related disease (which it doesn't by the way) I would not have bothered asking you who your 'trusted researcher' was. If Bruce had $70 extra dollars, he probably wouldn't spend it to get a copy of the certificate, but on household items or bills...:S Now that I see your source, well...let's just say I'm not taking it very seriously. I don't suppose it ever occurred to you that perhaps Bruce just told you that to bolster his hinting of possible relationships between KC and young boys? And if it turns out later that Bruce can't produce the evidence he says he saw personally, then where does that leave you? Will he still be on your 'trusted researcher' list? Would you be willing to post up allegations on his behalf again?

By the way...I know a couple down in the Amboy area who have raised more than 350 foster children over the last 40 years. They have helped them, they have helped finance educations. Nice folks. No one has ever hinted they ever had inappropriate relationships with any of those kids, many of whom were runaways deposited with them. I think they might be a Guinness World Record. Not for real, but they should be. There is absolutely NO evidence to support even a HINT of inappropriate behavior on the part of Christiansen. All the witnesses I interviewed, many of whom are not even mentioned in the book, never gave a hint on anything remotely like that. NEVER. Friends, neighbors, acquaintances, even people who lived with Christiansen. Zip, zero, nada. It's nothing but cheap slander. Not by you, of course...you were not the originator of it...but such allegations should always demand proof or be ignored. To do otherwise is irresponsible and inappropriate.

"Reviewed" was your word.

Here's your post.

RobertMBlevins
Feb 27, 2013, 10:12 PM
Post #41132 of 46765 (7901 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mrshutter45] Question! [In reply to]
Quote | Reply

brought up!

Answer the question Blevins. I thought that document was classified. MeyerLouie

I was the one who originally asked him about this question....

" I have briefly reviewed the Palmer report"

Georger it makes sense there was some kind of paper work. Palmer and those people did NOT volunteer their time and I am sure the FBI asked for help on this. Yes, if there was a report one would think the FBI had it.

Unrealistic to think a man who takes on such an assignment - be it volunteered or paid, would do all of that work and NOT make some notes and preliminary reports of some kind.

Like the cigarette butts - LOST!

This Palmer thing goes back to 1980.
Any one doing that kind of research and asked to state an opinion of his find - would have done a report.

LOGIC! It may only have been consider a letter of opinion, but you can be assured there was some kind of paperwork and if there was and IF Galen is telling the truth about his relationship with Tosaw - that is where it is.

I guess I should dig up all of my old communications with Cook and see if that is not where Palmer's opinions where first stated. I kept paper copies of all communications with Cook! I thought he was a sneaky snake in the grass so I made sure - I printed the emails we exchanged.

Perhaps it was in a verbal exchange with Tosaw, but he and I had only a hand full of conversations in the yrs before he died. Before I met Duane's brother in 2004. John and I discussed Tosaw at the dinner table and I told him I had no use for the man as I felt he was very opinionated.

This is when John told me he and his wife personally knew Tosaw from bible study and church and a boat club prior to their moving to their then current address.

The document summarizes Dr. Palmer's
findings as per an INTERVIEW that was conducted with Dr.
Palmer following his work at Tina Bar. So far as I know Dr.
Palmer never issued a written report, but conducted an
INTERVIEW with FBI agents following his work.

A few days after the Tena Bar money find, the Oregonian published an
article about Palmer's opinions entitled

"In Geologist's Opinion 'Cooper' money spent 8 years in the river"

Palmer's opinions in attached article might be the same opinions
he gave to FBI later. Article Attached.

testxyz

The document summarizes Dr. Palmer's
findings as per an INTERVIEW that was conducted with Dr.
Palmer following his work at Tina Bar. So far as I know Dr.
Palmer never issued a written report, but conducted an
INTERVIEW with FBI agents following his work.

nice find -

Mr. and Mrs Meier lived in Vegas and Chicago . Mr. Meier had to do some time and went to Canada. I did not under stand their conversaiot and tey took the ocnversation out of my range of hearing.

There was a comment about the name of the yacht - 4 stories TALL - BIGGEST AND ONLY YACHT i WAS EVER ON.

THE BOAT'S NAME WAS THE CENTER OF ATTENION, BUT I do not remember it.

Havin a bunch of lab test tomorow and an abdominal ultra sound.Hopefully I will report back I still have a heart, but they are looking for the big boys - carcinois masses. That will mean starting on injections into my addomin - understand it is very painful.

Don't talk to badly about me while I am away - the injections whoud be in a hospital about an hours driver was and then I still have to get home - just keeping my fingers crosssed.

Like to get thru one whole day with a smile on mu face, /very tired!

Amazon

I have found commentary describing a slower flow in years past
vs today or the modern era. I guess the Columbia (and
Willamette?) just don't freeze up like they used to. Plus 76-77
and 78-79 were remarkably dry winters if I recall.

In fact here's a snip from a climatologists website talking about
the Portland/Clark County area:

Quote: Winter 1976-77 suffered a severe snow drought,
perhaps the most severe in the past 100 years. In early January
1977, I was able to drive a passenger car all the way up to
6000 feet on the mountain's NE side, to Cloud Cap Inn, and
then hike to well over 7,000 feet on the Timberline Trail, mostly
walking on frozen-solid pumice, but very little snow. The road
to Cloud Cap is not plowed in the winter, and is not normally
free of snow until sometime in June! During this same snowless
winter, the State of Washington reported that three of its
highest mountain passes remained so snowfree that they were
open all winter (North Cascades Pass, Chinook Pass, and
Cayuse Pass (all three normally closing each winter between
Oct.15-Nov15 and staying closed until late May or even June)...
.... The winter of 1980-81 was also marked by a serious snow
drought..... It seems assured that Winter 2004-05 will be joining
the record books (see page bottom).

Jo,

Hope your hospital tests show no issues. We won't attack you until you are back. ;)

You wrote

There was a comment about the name of the yacht - 4 stories TALL - BIGGEST AND ONLY YACHT i WAS EVER ON.

If it was the only yacht you were ever on then of course it was the biggest yacht you were ever on.

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.

Since the building of Bonneville Dam.. the lower river is pretty much controlled by how my electricity is being generated. The majority of the homes built since the Depression had electric heat as does mine. Usually in the coldest weather the flow is increased by all that electricity being generated to heat everyones homes... just the nature of the beast. Again.. in all the years I have played and lived on the Columbia River... I have never seen ice flows.. let alone anyones ability to go ice fishing. I remember ice fishing and driving out onto lakes... and I have not seen anyone stupid enough to try that out here in Washington.
( I grew up in a climatologically ABUSIVE Family.... they made me spend winters in WISCONSIN... and then would ship me off to Florida for a nice long hot muggy summer)

As you know the COLDEST water.. floats( it's called ice:ph34r:.. the most DENSE water at 40 degrees F is at the bottom of the pools behind the dam. The water that goes thru the turbines is not the surface water. In the main stem.. not the little sloughs, you will not find ice.

Oh and snow piccie is NOT Columbia. http://binged.it/17WHLOd

mrshutter45

I have explained this one before.
I was upset with the crew because they wanted me to get down and pretend to be pushing away sand like the picture made of Brian in 1980.

A lot was going on and there were lots of people and cameras (I am camera shy and do NOT like lots of people around me). The appearance of the beach from the parking area was the view I remembered. In 1979 - I did NOT leave the parking area and did not go down to the beach. How it looked from the beach is a hell of a lot different than it looked from the parking place.

I wanted them to show me other places so I would be 100% sure this was it. Some things were there in 2001 that WHERE NOT there in 1979. Trees had changed and some building and equipment on my left as I faced the river....It was after left the crew on the river and went BACK up to the parking lot - and was alone that the doubts left me. I had absolutely NO doubts and after I asked Himmelsbach a question about a building on my right along the river as we drove to the Red Lion. We were in the back seat and I doubt the crew heard or cared about what he and I were talking about.

Conversations were going all over the place...and At one point before we got to the Red Lion and on the North Side of the road they started to talk about Flushing channels, but we had passed whatever was being pointed out by the time I looked in that direction. (THEY drove VERY fast by my Southern standards). They were trying to do a lot in the few hours we had. Much of the conversation was over my head and remember I had not been there since 1979 with Duane.

Each time I have been there - things have changed. 1979, 2001 and 2010. There is a difference between - expectations and memories and to revisit an area 22 yrs later.......!

Frankly I doubt you youngsters could have done this - 22 yrs after the fact. Try to remember a place you visited in 1979 very briefly and then 22 yrs later GO back. THINGS change and you have to look beyond what is new and ask questions if this was not there or was there at specific times. THIS is what I did.

I ASKED them to take me to similar places - I wanted to be sure and I have NOT changed my stand on that...I needed to be re-assured that it was NOT a similar place and nothing else was even close.

skyjack71

There was a comment about the name of the yacht - 4 stories TALL - BIGGEST AND ONLY YACHT I WAS EVER ON.

Not sure about the levels. The level we entered on was the entertainment area and encompassed that entire level. Duane told me about the 2 master suite & second bar below and I do not know if there was another level below that.

Some where on this boat which I think was aft of the main level was the preparation and chef area. I was only told about them and did not see them.

THE BOAT'S NAME WAS commented on by Duane and he told the lady it was VERY appropriate. I do not remember it as I did NOT see it. I remember what I see and then what is said in relation to what I am seeing.
I have never been able to pull from my memory the name of the boat - why I searched HIGH and LOW for the names of boats registered to someone by the name of Meier, but perhaps the boat was NOT register to them personally but to a Co-operation or an enitity as the man did have to cover some of he assets, because of what-ever crime he was convicted of.

Duane asked about her children - specifically a daughter.

Jo,

Hope your hospital tests show no issues. We won't attack you until you are back. ;)

My appointment yesterday was with the hemotologist and I was supposed to have some blood work done yesterday ordered by another physician. The hemotogist added more tests and by the time I got to the lab it was too late and I was too hot and too tired. If they had drawn a drop of blood out of me yesterday - I probably would have passed out.

Should have gone to the lab for test today, but was just too tired and they are coming to do the shutters at 2 PM today. The tests are to be done tomorrow and then the radiology is scheduled for next tuesday...unless they get an opening before then. It required 8 hours of fasting.

I am on a list for any cancellation they have and if I feel any worse I am to go to the ER - per the radiology department - WELL, I have had two experiences with ER's in the last 7 yrs - so the only way anyone is going to get me into an ER is if they take me in an ambulance. They don't call me TOUGH COOKIE without cause!

skyjack71

***Jan 21,2008...I walked away from the crew and Himmelsbach back to the cars...I was crying and wanted to be alone. I was not going to pretend this was the area Duane took me in 1979.

I have explained this one before.
I was upset with the crew because they wanted me to get down and pretend to be pushing away sand like the picture made of Brian in 1980.

A lot was going on and there were lots of people and cameras (I am camera shy and do NOT like lots of people around me). The appearance of the beach from the parking area was the view I remembered. In 1979 - I did NOT leave the parking area and did not go down to the beach. How it looked from the beach is a hell of a lot different than it looked from the parking place.

I wanted them to show me other places so I would be 100% sure this was it. Some things were there in 2001 that WHERE NOT there in 1979. Trees had changed and some building and equipment on my left as I faced the river....It was after left the crew on the river and went BACK up to the parking lot - and was alone that the doubts left me. I had absolutely NO doubts and after I asked Himmelsbach a question about a building on my right along the river as we drove to the Red Lion. We were in the back seat and I doubt the crew heard or cared about what he and I were talking about.

Conversations were going all over the place...and At one point before we got to the Red Lion and on the North Side of the road they started to talk about Flushing channels, but we had passed whatever was being pointed out by the time I looked in that direction. (THEY drove VERY fast by my Southern standards). They were trying to do a lot in the few hours we had. Much of the conversation was over my head and remember I had not been there since 1979 with Duane.

Each time I have been there - things have changed. 1979, 2001 and 2010. There is a difference between - expectations and memories and to revisit an area 22 yrs later.......!

Frankly I doubt you youngsters could have done this - 22 yrs after the fact. Try to remember a place you visited in 1979 very briefly and then 22 yrs later GO back. THINGS change and you have to look beyond what is new and ask questions if this was not there or was there at specific times. THIS is what I did.

I ASKED them to take me to similar places - I wanted to be sure and I have NOT changed my stand on that...I needed to be re-assured that it was NOT a similar place and nothing else was even close.

Jo, from 2008 thru 2010 you have been pretty "Adamant" in stating you or Duane was not on Tena Bar in 1979. you also state this. "only a fool would allow himself to be in a place someone would question his presence."

your story changes past 2010 anyway you look at it. I don't know what to tell you. it's all right in the thread. multiple times.

how many miles do you think it is from the Red Lion to Tena Bar via waterway? a lot more than the 2 miles you have claimed.
"It is surprising how aggressive people get, once they latch onto their suspect and say, 'Hey, he's our guy.' No matter what you tell them, they refuse to believe you" Agent Carr FBI

testxyz

Well, that was not very informative as Palmer never did any tests on the money and obviously the FBI did NOT follow through either.

I am almost positive that Tosaw and Palmer had some discussions about this - but, Cook maybe the only only one who has any records - pertaining to this.

It is a given the money was NOT in the Columbia for 8 yrs - science has proven that - but where was it? In order for the money to have been so compacted - it had to have been in place in a damp area without motion - NOT in the river. A damp leaking storage shed fits the bill on this, but were the hell was it! I am sure the storage shed was solid and dry in 1971 when Cooper put it there - but SHIT happens!

Duane mention 3 place in OR where he knew people and all three he could have gone to on that morning at the DALLES!
I will have to find a good OR map to find one of the places Duane talked about - it was on a river and before you got to Vancouver and on a road going to Government Camp in OR.

The other place was near Hood.

Anther place I think was too far inland, but a place he could have gone and returned in those missing hours...from The Dalles.

I tend to think from something Duane said on our return trip after went thru Vancouver - a place he turned around and asked - "You want to go to Tahoe?"

Something he said at this point or another point has bugged me for yrs. IF I feel like it later on this wk I will pull the best OREGON map I have and see if I can find the road. He mentioned knowing some guys who had a cabin in that area South of the point he turned around. Now that I think of it - maybe I should pull property records for that area. Seems like I did this excercise many many yrs ago and did contact some individuals in the area. I have so many damn files you guys would never believe any of it - 1000's and 1000's of pages of research - and they are only kept chronoglically. I would have to remember what yr I did that search on.

I just never thought this would go on for 17 yrs and that I would get OLD doing it - I thought it would be over by now! If the FBI had tracked me in my search - it would be over. I have gone where NO one has ever gone and explored things NO one ever even thought to explore....all I was doing was trying to uncover the what I thought was the past of Duane.

Some of these things have NEVER been discussed in the thread because I never considered them relevant. I remember I talked to some men who lived in this specific area - I remember the atmosphere as being hostile. What went on there was private!

Some guys owned a cabin in OR and I found one or a man who knew the area. I hope I discussed this in the thread, but I doubt I did....if I did I would not have mentioned names otherwise some innocent people would have been harassed by Cooper searchers.

I frankly believe it was PRE - DZ.
So that give me a starting date - 2006 and go back.

If in 2006 when this thread started if anyone of you had put bundles of 1$ bills in different places - we then might understand what happened.

Wonder why Sleuths have NOT done this over the yrs? Just because of aging books and books that have been wet and then dry and stored in not such good conditions - I have seen a lot of this. Wish I had been able to do it and in the conditions as they are in WA and in several locations. After 8 yrs the answers would have been there on Cooper's river money!

After 7 yrs you take the controlled cash from it hiding places and put in on the shore and see what it looks like 1 yr later!

skyjack71

If in 2006 when this thread started if anyone of you had put bundles of 1$ bills in different places - we then might understand what happened.

Wonder why Sleuths have NOT done this over the yrs? Just because of aging books and books that have been wet and then dry and stored in not such good conditions - I have seen a lot of this. Wish I had been able to do it and in the conditions as they are in WA and in several locations. After 8 yrs the answers would have been there on Cooper's river money!

After 7 yrs you take the controlled cash from it hiding places and put in on the shore and see what it looks like 1 yr later!

#1 you need to show scientific reports concluding what the money would look like after 7 years. was the container sealed, did it leak over the years. you have no proof. the paper bag would not last long in the water. even a good thick one would break up in a short period of time. evidence has shown the money sinks.

why would someone risk there life only to bury it all over the place? doesn't make sense. why bury it in multiple places. that would be worse. what bridge did you guys stop on? I don't think it's legal to stop on bridges, unless a emergency occurs. why risk once again holding evidence in hand. Duane buried the money, Duane dug up the money, Duane threw the money away, Duane laundered the money? Duane was on Tena Bar, Duane was no where near Tena Bar. I would hope the FBI is not looking at this Jo.

basically Duane went to Tena Bar and dug up money or buried it. then it back fires because he threw money off the pier ( 8 miles away) and it landed on Tena Bar????

if he was working with the CIA. why glue the ears? they would have erased everything about his background. Duane is not a ghost. patterns and records everywhere. showing him as a con man. that is a person who fools people Jo.

I just can't buy into all of this Jo......sorry.