BCA

old gear

Yup.. come on up to LP... the rig I have my ParaCommander MKII looks just like that.... I got it ALLL wet last year in the lake at LP....

I "COULD" have landed it on Terra Way To Firma.. but a nice splash feels quite nice on a warm summer day rather than trying to time a standup or a do a PLF..and I like my OEM landing gear the way it is.. no after market titanium parts.

I'll take the splash over the thump anyday. I'm gonna have to think about this LP thing. I keep hearing more and more good shit about it.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Oh, man! What a blast of memories that stuff brings back...ahhhh...the good ol' days!

memories are one thing....we jumped that stuff cuz thats all there was
round parachute= bad bad bad

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

In picture #2 the bent Martin-Baker seems to be a replacement for the white plastic or fiberglass center-pull handle. That was in case of a DC-3 door-jam or other exit problem. The R-2'son the Style Master was a nice touch .I used mine many times, never had R-3's I went to round bottom ring three-ring system.I will go with the Green Star in picture #1Seems the 24ft reserve doesnt show much hint of the usual pilot chute. The Pop-Top container only stayed in place by the belly band after a pull and was not connected to the risers. It was eventually mounted on your back when the Jump-Shack made it into an SST. I have met as many people who have invented it as there are people who invented AFF. everyone got their idea stolen.I had a jump-suit like the red one ,the velcro collar got my beard more than once I cant see the altimeter well enough for the yellow quadrant on the dial I still have one red only from 1968, it works great. .

Oh, man! What a blast of memories that stuff brings back...ahhhh...the good ol' days!

memories are one thing....we jumped that stuff cuz thats all there was
round parachute= bad bad bad

Not so - I disagree. I still jump rounds today. I have been injured worse under my square than I ever was under a round. Rounds are NOT bad bad bad - they just require paying more attention to landings, that's all. They are not the death rigs everyone makes them out to be. Real men jump rounds!

The Pop-Top container only stayed in place by the belly band after a pull and was not connected to the risers. It was eventually mounted on your back when the Jump-Shack made it into an SST. I have met as many people who have invented it as there are people who invented AFF. everyone got their idea stolen.

Maybe, but Dan Poynter has the patent:
http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT3908937&id=GukxAAAAEBAJ&dq=parachute+ininventor:poynter&as_drrb_ap=q&as_minm_ap=1&as_miny_ap=2007&as_maxm_ap=1&as_maxy_ap=2007&as_drrb_is=q&as_minm_is=1&as_miny_is=2007&as_maxm_is=1&as_maxy_is=2007&jtp=1#PPP1,M1

HW