quatorze

HIM!!!

Okay, for the past year I have been hearing the chant of "Him, Him...FUCK Him" Can someone please give me an idea as to where this started, even the old (30 years in sport) jumpers at my home DZ do not have a clue.

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

This is a shot in the dark, but I tend to think that it has a history in the Military. Just sounds like something a platoon might chant for reasons I can't begin to imagine.

I forgot to add...it would tend to follow the sentiment of "break a leg", where one wishes the best but doesn't want to jinx the recipient.

FallRate

The first time I heard it, was in college and was being sung by the Rugby club. Their version went,

He wasn't born beautiful, he wasn't born at all!
He's no good for anything, he's only got one ball!
Him, Him, yadda yadda yadda...

They had more drinking songs then I have ever heard (Never let your girlfriend by the "Alouette Girl" btw). Possible carryover from there.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I have heard that chant, toast, salute for a long time now,,,,,and ALWAYS chime in loudly for the first two HIMS ( or HERS) (or thems),,, but NEVER yell out the
"Fuck Him : part....:S.... I never got with it.... ya' know.??........ Sure I like to congratulate people for various accomplishments,,,, but I just don't care for this way of doing it:)idiot who is usually half smashed,, jumps up and yells out HIM!!!!!!!...... c'mon gimmee a break...
Never knew the history,,,, if its military,, I ain't surprised.....[:/] But good judgement should be used when calling for this "cheer"...and I notice that sometimes it isn't..... I wish I had a better phrase to suggest,,,, but I don't.. Can anyone else
offer one.....??????? I hope so jimmeetee

Okay, for the past year I have been hearing the chant of "Him, Him...FUCK Him" Can someone please give me an idea as to where this started, even the old (30 years in sport) jumpers at my home DZ do not have a clue.

Its part of the whole song. We used to sing this at the campfire at my first dz to toast whomever.

Here's to him, to him, to him
Here's to him, the best of them all
He eats it, he beats it, he often mistreats it
Here's to him the best of them all.
Him, him, f**k him!

Until I moved to Perris I knew the last part.

Here's version sung by southern California's Air Trash -
Hooray for him!
Hooray at last!
Hooray for him
he's a horse's ass!
Him! Him! Fuck him!

I love to sing Him's. It's a way to recognize someone's achievement. Crude perhaps, but funny and uniquely "skydiving."

This one may be a bit more difficult to definatively track down.

I'll tell you one thing for certain, if you do a web search of "Him, Him . . ." you probably won't get the sort of results you're looking for. ;)

quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Here's to him, to him, to him
Here's to him, the best of them all
He eats it, he beats it, he often mistreats it
Here's to him the best of them all.
Him, him, f**k him!

That's the SCR song. I guess I always thought that was the source of the phrase, but I'm getting the impression the "HIM, HIM..." part may predate it.

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

HHFH definitely predates the SCR song. I don't think I've ever heard the SCR song, but HHFH has been part of the ceremony since the 70's...
Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Hooray for him!
Hooray at last!
Hooray for him
he's a horse's ass!
Him! Him! Fuck him!

I usually hear the last line only, but when they do sing the entire 'song' it is the version that the Bytch just mentioned.

So now we know what the entire verses might be, but I don't think the original question was answered. Where did it come from, and why does it pertain to skydiving ? Someone in our sport had to start this for a reason, and I would like to know why as well.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

I'll tell you one thing for certain, if you do a web search of "Him, Him . . ." you probably won't get the sort of results you're looking for.

What kind of search did you do? I tried "him, him, fuck him" on google. The 1st and 2nd results i got were hash harriers songs ("why was he born so beautiful?" and "flatlander hymnal"). The 3rd one was Wendy Faulkner's page. None of these were unexpected ;)

--
Come

Well, I did the same search a few days ago when this first came up on Google and I got a bunch of places that were definately not work safe -- unless of course you happen to work in a bath house in San Fransisco.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Anyone I've talked to seems to think it came from Lost Prairie, MT, around 1980?

"Hooray for Larry, hooray at last.
Hooray for Larry, he's a horse's ass.
Him, him. F*&k him!"

At least it seems to be a pretty popular thing at the boogie every year.

But you have to understand, mental illness is like cholesterol. There is the good kind and the bad. Without the good kind- less flavor to life. - Serge A. Storms

as far as I've always known, it is known as the airborne hymn.... it's very common amongst drinking paratroopers.... it's calmed down some in the past couple of years with the "deglamourization" of alcohol campaign and tailhook... but it's still an airborne staple.... since many of the original skydivers were ex-military it would seem logical that they brought it with them.... along with the line, "No shit, there I was..." while training at the National Training Center, at the end of a rotation, the leadership of a battalion has (or had) an after action review that was held at the officer's club and the NCO's club concurrently and all stories had to start with that line... kinda like jeopardy

It's a military Hymn. Don't know the original origin but I do know it was used a lot in Army Aviation in the sixties.

The military is where I first heard it and I have been around skydiving since 1961.

OBTW... it's Hymn, Hymn F**K Him.
GW685,D3888,C5052,SCS843

It's a military Hymn. Don't know the original origin but I do know it was used a lot in Army Aviation in the sixties.

The military is where I first heard it and I have been around skydiving since 1961.

OBTW... it's Hymn, Hymn F**K Him.

Damn learn something new every dayB|

When I first read you post I thought the women would like it because it wasn't gender specific untill the "Him" . To bad so sad it's tradition we ain't changing.

BTW in spite of what some people think the military is the oldest profession.B|

Don't know about the origion of the songs in the skydivers handbook gut sounds like a knock off of the military.

"This is my weapon this is my gun this is for war this is for fun.";)

"Drop your cock grab you sock," lets go skydive (just added the last three words):o

R.I.P.