Skootz

Lost Prairie Boogie 2011 - July 23rd - August 1st

Let's not forget folks, this boogie is not about buildings and businesses.

You're right. It's about people. The people who made the boogie happen in the first place, not the ones who fucked them out of it so they can make money.

Let's not forget folks, this boogie is not about buildings and businesses.

You're right. It's about people. The people who made the boogie happen in the first place, not the ones who fucked them out of it so they can make money.

So how were they fucked out of it?

I've heard all kinds of rumours about this bogie for the last couple of years about financial diffuculty and such.

So whats the real story?
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

:( I won't be able to make it this year. I got a new job and I can't take the time off due to the deadlines on the project I'm managing. I'm looking into making out for a long weekend if I can find a reasonable flight, but I haven't seen a reasonably priced flight yet. :(

Not fair ... you talked me into going ... I'll be there for the entire week ... you must come :( ...

O

Something about that line makes me think I need to be worried ... do I? First time to that part of the country and first timer to LP ...

O

No need for you to be worried. You will be jumping out of Larry Hill's fine aircraft. You will be landing in the prettiest valley in the state. If you can ignore the politics, which if you've never been here before you have no knowledge of, I guarantee you will have one hell of a fine vacation. Go. Enjoy yourself.

That boogie is going to need a influx of new people these next few years. I predict the oldtimers will disappear.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Yup

Bought a new boat... I need OCEAN time... and I want to see how this thing plays out.. from afar.....way afar

Something about that line makes me think I need to be worried ... do I? First time to that part of the country and first timer to LP ...

O

Not to worry... you will have an awsum time:)
You will be surrounded by some great people from here on DIZZY DOT COM.. as well as making many many new friends.

The pitch blackness, the lake, and hearing the wolves all are amazing experiences too.

O, you'll love meeting and jumping with Mad John too. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

:( I won't be able to make it this year. I got a new job and I can't take the time off due to the deadlines on the project I'm managing. I'm looking into making out for a long weekend if I can find a reasonable flight, but I haven't seen a reasonably priced flight yet. :(

Not fair ... you talked me into going ... I'll be there for the entire week ... you must come :( ...

O

You'll be fine! :)
Just come out and ENJOY!!! :)
Trip on over to Byranada and have a bevvie or two with us. Or eight. ;)
'Shell

Trip on over to Byranada and have a bevvie or two with us. Or eight. ;)

Yeah, don't worry. You'll have plenty of familiar faces already (like me and the Monkey) and all the unfamiliar ones will be friends before too long. If nothing else, make sure you meet 'Shell and the rest will take care of itself. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hi to all,

I´m flying from Uruguay to LP by way of LAX and Missoula. I´ll be getting to Missoula close to midnight on the 21st so I´ll have some time to spare before LP. Anyone care to offer advice on how to spend that time? Also, I planned on taking a bus to Kalispell...what should I do afterwards? Or, without renting a car, how do I get to the boogie?

Happy landings, Rafael

Yup

Bought a new boat... I need OCEAN time... and I want to see how this thing plays out.. from afar.....way afar

O

You'll be okay, you have a few hundred new friends waiting for you to get there!
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

O

I might, MIGHT, make it for the last weekend. It will be kind of last minute if I do. It will all depend on the status of the project I am working on and being able to find a flight...unless there is someone flying privately to LP for the weekend that I can hitch a ride with, but I don't know of anyone as of yet.
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

Hi to all,

I´m flying from Uruguay to LP by way of LAX and Missoula. I´ll be getting to Missoula close to midnight on the 21st so I´ll have some time to spare before LP. Anyone care to offer advice on how to spend that time? Also, I planned on taking a bus to Kalispell...what should I do afterwards? Or, without renting a car, how do I get to the boogie?

Happy landings, Rafael

Other than renting a car or hitching a ride with someone from Kalispell, there aren't a lot of options.

There are usually some folks flying into Kalispell - maybe post the day (or days) that you would want to leave from Kalispell and someone will see it and offer a ride.

Not sure if a shuttle van service would be willing to take you all the way out to the DZ, but it might be worth a call:
http://www.iflyglacier.com/ground-transportation.php

Hopefully someone here can hook you up!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Raphael,

Welcome to LP. Many of us will be there before the 21st so you could come straight there and make friends before it gets really busy. Or you could take a tour of Glacier Park, well worth the time.

Many people are always driving into Kalispell so if you call the Meadow Peak Dropzone we can figure out a way to pick you up.

Safe travels,
madjohn

Main goals in life: Be on the "Jumpers Over Eighty" (JOE) World Record and attend the Lost Prairie Boogie once after I'm gone.

Alright … as we’re getting closer and I need to start thinking about what to pack, I’m starting to get slight “cold feet” about my commitment to tent it the whole week. I go to boogies every year and I camp at Z-hills all the time … in a trailer :)
What is the name of the place where I can rent a trailer from again? If it’s buried somewhere in this thread, my apologies …

O

Alright … as we’re getting closer and I need to start thinking about what to pack, I’m starting to get slight “cold feet” about my commitment to tent it the whole week. I go to boogies every year and I camp at Z-hills all the time … in a trailer :)
What is the name of the place where I can rent a trailer from again? If it’s buried somewhere in this thread, my apologies …

O

There's a couple places listed here.

http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/Travel-Tips.html

Having camped for 6 years, if you do wind up camping, my biggest recommendation is to bring warm clothes to sleep in - it makes a huge difference. My (oh-so-sexy) outfit of choice became long johns tucked into thick socks with fleece pants on top, then on top, a long-sleeve T-shirt with a hoodie sweatshirt. Big baggy fleece hat that pulls down over my ears, and the hoodie pulled up to keep my neck warm and keep the hat on.

Of course, part of the need for that much is that I'm kind of stubborn about sleeping bags - I really really don't like the super-warm mummy style ones, so I've either slept in a less-warm rectangular bag, or on an air mattress under blankets and a comforter. So if you're willing to mummify, you may not need quite as much.

O

There's a couple places listed here.

http://www.skydivelostprairie.com/Travel-Tips.html

Having camped for 6 years, if you do wind up camping, my biggest recommendation is to bring warm clothes to sleep in - it makes a huge difference. My (oh-so-sexy) outfit of choice became long johns tucked into thick socks with fleece pants on top, then on top, a long-sleeve T-shirt with a hoodie sweatshirt. Big baggy fleece hat that pulls down over my ears, and the hoodie pulled up to keep my neck warm and keep the hat on.

Of course, part of the need for that much is that I'm kind of stubborn about sleeping bags - I really really don't like the super-warm mummy style ones, so I've either slept in a less-warm rectangular bag, or on an air mattress under blankets and a comforter. So if you're willing to mummify, you may not need quite as much.

Holly ... if I need that much clothing to keep warm, I'm definitely not going to do well with tenting ... I can't handle being cold!!! I'm glad I asked - thanks K.

O

Contacted both rental places ... it looks like what they have available are large units (28ft to 31ft) that sleeps 6 to 8 people.

Anybody else interested in sharing one with me?

The other question to the group, do I need to contact the DZ to arange for power hookup prior to making arangements with the RV place to deliver it?

Thank you ... sorry for all the questions ... LP virgin :)

O

My (oh-so-sexy) outfit of choice became long johns tucked into thick socks with fleece pants on top, then on top, a long-sleeve T-shirt with a hoodie sweatshirt. Big baggy fleece hat that pulls down over my ears, and the hoodie pulled up to keep my neck warm and keep the hat on.

That sounds oh so romantic, Krisanne.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

My (oh-so-sexy) outfit of choice became long johns tucked into thick socks with fleece pants on top, then on top, a long-sleeve T-shirt with a hoodie sweatshirt. Big baggy fleece hat that pulls down over my ears, and the hoodie pulled up to keep my neck warm and keep the hat on.

That sounds oh so romantic, Krisanne.

It was hella sexy, I tell you.

Good thing the tents were plenty warm during the daytime. ;)

O
. I got ur back Olympia.....we will make it fun for you:)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Keep us posted on ur plans....remember you are traveling with doc and I.......and we have never had a bad experience at lp...even when we went a week after I had knee surgery.......there is the people, the lake and just the beauty of montana. We can always take time and go over to glacier....;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

I can't wait :)
O

For me it is not just about the jumping....prairie has something more...we love the Byranada peeps -- they know how to rock the house...so you can always seek out Shell and her crew....there are always people going to the lake...we will have an extra vehicle for you if you want to go down there and we aren't going. we are just all family there....there really is no better way to put it. It will be different this year, but alot of the same people will be there and it is the people that go to LP that really make it worth while. We have some ideas for some fun --- I am sure there will be poker games available, jello twister, and all sorts of debauchery. I don't think I have found another boogie quite like LP. Hence why we go every year since we started jumping --- even after I had a reconstructive knee surgery a week before the boogie a couple of years ago. I just crutched around and went to the lake every day ---- All in all it will be what we all make of it.;)
DPH # 2