bostonredsky

Winter East Coast DZ's??

Just got my A over the summer. Addicted like no other. Have made 50 jumps and do not want to stop. Live in Boston and I am wondering where to jump this winter. Does anyone know year round DZ's that are open in the northeast? Whats within driving distance on east coast? Can anyone map out 3 or 4 DZ's to hit in FLA within driving distance of each other down there? Thanks. Any fellow Mass jumpers reach out!

...Can anyone map out 3 or 4 DZ's to hit in FLA within driving distance of each other down there?

We could. It would be a better learning experience if you did it yourself.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

ok close to you...there is Skys The Limit in PA which is i think the closest year round dz to you....now as far as FL....4 DZ's and a windtunnel no more then 1.5 hours driving from Orlando...Deland and windtunnel are right there..Lake Whales, Sebastion and Z-hills all driving distance.
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

Sebastian is an amazing DZ, great views (jump run is normally over the Atlantic Ocean), great vibe, great fun and great people. Skydive Chicago just signed a contract with them for Sebastian to be thier winter home... WOO HOO.... That just made a DZ that couldnt get any better.... better...:P

Jumptown may be open occasionally if the weather is good. Pepperell will have at least one Cessna 206 available all winter and plans to open on good weekend jump days. And, as noted elsewhere, Connecticut Parachutists Inc. (CPI) will be open with a Cessna 182 weekends.
You should get yourself on the local "Banter" email lists for late-breaking info on who's open when.

HW

Come to the Ranch!!! We don't just have kick ass skydiving, but the party are as awesome!

Word. The Ranch is open on the weekends in the cold season.

Joe has already switched the operating hours but I'm not sure what they are at the moment since it's been rather mild this week.

Come to the Ranch!!! We don't just have kick ass skydiving, but the party are as awesome!

Word. The Ranch is open on the weekends in the cold season.

Joe has already switched the operating hours but I'm not sure what they are at the moment since it's been rather mild this week.

Does the Ranch regularly operate that Bell or is that a special occasions kind of thing?

Come to X-Keys. There's a winter boobie called "Freezefest" coming.....

Just copied from the DZ's website:

January 31-February 1
FREEEZEFEST!
The ONLY winter boogie in the Northeast! The COOLEST boogie in the world.
Please join us for the return of Drunken Dodgeball, 3 turbine planes, contests, prizes, and the best winter party ever!
Always be kinder than you feel.

January 31-February 1
FREEEZEFEST!
Please join us for the return of Drunken Dodgeball, 3 turbine planes, contests, prizes, and the best winter party ever!

Know where your mind is... :P

:)I'm so proudB|:)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

January 31-February 1
FREEEZEFEST!

Know where your mind is... :P

:)I'm so proudB|:)

Oh shit! Maybe it's my new MySpace name that's at the back of my mind.

At any rate, yeah, I'm sure there will be BOOBIES!!

:P
Always be kinder than you feel.

I did something close to 200 jumps at the ranch this year. A lot of nights I thought there was a big party going on... then I'd go into the hangar and find there was a band playing and maybe 3 people standing around listening. Does the place live up to its reputation over the winter or what? :P

Dave

Hey Russ!

I am jumping at Jumptown, and am currently stuck (weather, ya know) at D1, but hope to finish AFF this spring. I have seen you about the DZ there, and will definitely look you up once I reach "A".

BTW - Howard White jumps there, and he has been nothing but helpful to a clueless newb like me each time I said hello. I have even been on a few loads a few loads with him, and he is a funny, but very helpful guy.

Jumptown rocks. The place brought me back into the sport.

Seeya there in the spring, Russ, and myabe we can jump a load or three together, although I will still be in AFF for a few more jumps!

Blue New England Skies, and Safe Landings Always!

SkyPainter
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118