maxmadmax

WFFC 2009

I wish I made it out to that this year, maybe next year I will plan ahead...

Does the location of Skyfest support a boogie the size of the WFFC?

When I picture the WFFC in my mind, from the stories I have heard, I am picture a huge huge boogie the just sprawls out for miles like a big state fair.

Am I close?
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

This year was my first trip to skyfest.
2005 was my only trip to WFFC.

I think the size of the airports is very similar.
The landing areas and patterns were larger, better defined and enforced at Skyfest.
The food vendors were about the same in number and variety.
The camping area is about the same.

I tent camped and used the shower/bathroom facilities at WFFC. They were fantastic.
I had my RV at Skyfest, but heard the shower/bathroom facilites were great there, as well.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Hey Mad Max, I'll be bringing 30 something jumpers, and my own personal chopper, maybe two of them, yea haw.....:DB|;):) Izzz in. This thing will rock! We did some nite chopper jumps last nite, and had a BLAST, BLAST, BLAST BLAST BLAST! Did you know chopper Dave is an AnvilBrother now? I have a very special celebrity joining us in the next couple months when they get back in town. Stay tuned/logged in!

Silly rabbit, tricks are for hookers! LMAO!

In the early mid 80's it was like a state fair, complete with your dwarf throwing contest on a rainy day. I think over the the ten days there were 5000 skydivers that came thru and one year when Roger N. was still in the works they had a C-130 from South Africa flying jumpers. Ahh those were the days! We were all young, Kate Cooper and Roger Ponce and even Tom Pires was around yelling at people to sell their gear and get out of skydiving. It was a time when you screwed up on a dive and you bought "green bottles" of beer. The organizers were well stocked. It was a blast!!! Yes I would like to see it like that.

When I picture the WFFC in my mind, from the stories I have heard, I am picture a huge huge boogie the just sprawls out for miles like a big state fair.

Am I close?

Falcon 74, Eagle 110, NFS 407, GW-2945, DW-1641, DDW-1151, "Inga... elevate me"

and I would move heaven and earth to make sure i was right there with ya eddie. finally and for once. the job I got now if i got a month or two advance notice. I shouldn't have any trouble getting it off. make it happen don. I've never been able to meet ya. i want to meet ya. and do some fast falling hybrid shit.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

This year was my first trip to skyfest.
2005 was my only trip to WFFC.

I think the size of the airports is very similar.
The landing areas and patterns were larger, better defined and enforced at Skyfest.
The food vendors were about the same in number and variety.
The camping area is about the same.

I tent camped and used the shower/bathroom facilities at WFFC. They were fantastic.
I had my RV at Skyfest, but heard the shower/bathroom facilites were great there, as well.

Well now,

I did AFF at Chester and attended the Rodriguez Boogie in 2007. I love the Chester peeps and really enjoyed my 'homecoming' in 2007. HEY Y'ALL CHESTER!!

The Rantoul facility is huge when compared to Chester in evey aspect. Sorry, but that's just a fact.

I'd love to see the WFFC make a comeback in 2009!!! I've met tons of skydivers, jumped many speciality aircraft and jumped with Golden Knights all because of the WFFC.

Don we miss the WFFC!!!!

StreakerB|
Have a yippee ki ya day!

You guys are the greatest!
If you get the security notification when you get to the website, it doesn't mean anything. We just didn't renew the certificate when we weren't taking money over the website. We'll spend the bucks and renew it when we have the next convention. In the meantime POST! The Convention won't happen without LOTS of support!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

In the early mid 80's it was like a state fair, complete with your dwarf throwing contest on a rainy day. I think over the the ten days there were 5000 skydivers that came thru and one year when Roger N. was still in the works they had a C-130 from South Africa flying jumpers. Ahh those were the days! We were all young, Kate Cooper and Roger Ponce and even Tom Pires was around yelling at people to sell their gear and get out of skydiving. It was a time when you screwed up on a dive and you bought "green bottles" of beer. The organizers were well stocked. It was a blast!!! Yes I would like to see it like that.

Am I close?

It was a LC-130 from Safair the LC-130 are streched version 130's they are longer most LC-130 are ski equimented.... there was a Navy LC-130 that crashed in anartica few years back.. heard someone bought from Navy as was going to dig it out hang new engine on and fly it out... never heard end of that... outcome..