chuckakers

Skydive Houston.....

well thats great if you have a license :|

Student jump prices are in line with industry norms. So your complaint there would be more of a general complaint about the cost of learning to skydive, rather than a complaint unique to, or directed specifically at, Skydive Houston.

$295 for an level at SD Houston
$130 for a level at Spaceland

so yeah i see some disparity

Look at the total package . . . not "Per Jump" . . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't see any Total Package for AFF. I see a package for tandem, 25 levels at almost 300 a piece is insane.

Package for tandem?????
The website specifically say to call for AFF pricing. The only AFF price listed is for the FJC that includes the first jump. The tandem pricing is just that: the price for a tandem. It doesn't say anything about tandem progression. I doubt they even do tandem progression.
Furthermore AFF ends after level 7 in most cases. The jumps after that are coached until around level 13 or so. After that the jumps are solo.
I'm not sure where you got the 300 bucks each for 25 jumps thing but you are way off dude.
Why don't you call them, get accurate information and then report back on this thread?

SDH doesn't require any tandems like spaceland does. but if you want to do one, we will happily teach you to pull the ripcord and how to do turns.

1st jump course + jump $295 (2 instructors)
AFF 2-3 $185 each (2 instructors)
AFF 4-7 $145 each (1 instructor)
if you flunk any AFF level you repeat it and pay for it.

level 8 - 18 you go with a coach $85 each
level 19-25 allowed to go solo $40 each
after 25 jumps you can get your A-license

then jumps are only $22 (until prices go up due to fuel costs)

you are still considered a student at most drop zones until you get your A-license.

Previously:
"hmmm, not diggin the prices so much."

"$295 for an level at SD Houston
$130 for a level at Spaceland
so yeah i see some disparity "

"for the two levels i can get at spaceland for the price of one at Houston, I'll take the wait."

"25 levels at almost 300 a piece is insane."
And now:
"that sounds more reasonable, think i might be visiting soon..."
Shall we take that as an apology for all of your previous misrepresentations of the cost of student training at Skydive Houston?

Next time, perhaps you should call and get the facts, instead of speaking of things that you know nothing about.

Next time, perhaps you should call and get the facts, instead of speaking of things that you know nothing about.

I don't have a phone right now, I'm in the middle of a move half way across the country. The army likes for me to do that every once in a while.

You know what, I was contacted by someone from SDH, and they were very nice. They made some very good points. i am trying to make an informed decision. Next time, you should just set me straight and state what the price of AFF.

Whatever, Hi I'm david, I'd like to come and pay you to teach me to skydive and not be treated like a retard. Can you accomodate me? ;)
Fly it like you stole it

Hi I'm david, I'd like to come and pay you to teach me to skydive and not be treated like a retard. Can you accomodate me? ;)

I'm not an instructor, but I'll be happy to jump with you once you get off student status.

Lots of people hang out on Saturday nights to eat and drink, and that's a good time to get to know everyone. Don't be shy.

Hi I'm david, I'd like to come and pay you to teach me to skydive and not be treated like a retard. Can you accomodate me? ;)

I'm not an instructor, but I'll be happy to jump with you once you get off student status.

Lots of people hang out on Saturday nights to eat and drink, and that's a good time to get to know everyone. Don't be shy.

So the simplest form of the Q and A is:

Q: Hi I'm david, I'd like to come and pay you to teach me to skydive and not be treated like a retard. Can you accomodate me?

A: NO.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

rocks! Kudos to DZO's Todd & Kristi Bell and staff on bringing back a great Texas DZ!!! The vibe is perfect.

Saturday night was a Hawaiian theme party, complete with grass skirts and leis. The food was beef, chicken and tuna kabobs by Dave, the resident Skydive Houston chef.

The previous weekend he cooked burgers and hotdogs. And the weekend before that was penne pasta with chicken tomato sauce, and baked Alaska for desert.

Dave is cooking up more than just food. He's cooking up a great social atmosphere that keeps people hanging around after sunset, to eat, drink, chat, swim in the pool, and have a good time getting to know everyone.

Come on out and enjoy the fun.

Photo: Dave cooking kabobs on the grill, with anxious diners lined up awaiting their treats.

I have compared the per jump prices between SDH and Spaceland and found no major differences ($58)except the tandems.

If you take advantage of all the available tandem discounts (jumps 1 - 2) at $248 total and purchase the student jump package (jumps 3 - 25) for $2,007 total, you actually spend $205 less in total at Spaceland than Skydive Houston and get the two tandem jumps too!

Blue skies,

Jim

Ok guys...I'm back from vacation and have cleaned up this thread. This is a Skydive Houston thread. If you want to discuss the merits of Spaceland, do it in a different thread.

If you don't care for a competing dropzone, that's fine, don't jump there. But don't use these forums to bash it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My personal abode is pretty much damage free. Homes around me, though, have sustained much more damage. We were lucky. We now have power and water and are close to back to normal. We are hosting my inlaws, however, due to them not having power or clean water. They have to boil the water they have to use it. The DZ was a mess but we will have it clean again by this weekend. Those to the south of us are in our thoughts. We hope everyone gets back to some sort of normalcy soon.
Chris Scaife

I live not far from Chris and we too got lucky with minimal damage. There were houses in my subdivision that had pretty bad roof damage and some bad damage to their landscaping. Since our power came on last night we are making ice and freezing water jugs to help out any of our local jumpers who are still without power who need ice. Hopefully everybody from down south will be back to normalcy soon.
"I don't know where it is that I'm going, but wherever it is there I'll be!" --quoted by me

I lived in Baytown for six years, and have since moved close to San Antonio. I learned to Skydive in the Beaumont area, and was saddened to hear that my first DZ was flattened by a tornado:(

I realize some people had their homes flattened. My heart goes out to all of them.

BTW, I know this is a Skydive Houston thread, so I would like to add that I can't wait to visit there again and see some old faces (nothing personal JohnRich:)

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

BTW, I know this is a Skydive Houston thread, so I would like to add that I can't wait to visit there again and see some old faces (nothing personal JohnRich:)

I am what I am. Get your cute freckles over here and jump with us!

I'm figuring that this weekend will be a bit slow, as many people will be staying home dealing with hurricane problems, and the TSL meet is at Spaceland.

how much are neked student jumps at both places???

Depends upon what you look like.
The price could be anything from:
1) We'll pay you to jump naked, to;
2) You'll have to pay double for that...

Please attach a full-body photo of yourself for a free price quote.