Tetrahedron

GoPros right off of student status?

popsjumper

Better yet, just go away. I, for one am just simply tired of your idiotic rantings.

I wonder if your grandkids had known this is the stuff you would post, would they still have taught you how to use the computer... B|
Skydiving is serious business

raveninca

Sorry but your wrong as far as Canada goes...here is a direct quote from our technically recommendations "Parachutists, possessing at least a C CoP,

Sorry, but that did actually change to a B CoP some years back. (4 or 5??)

I'm staying out of the debate at the moment, but it does mean one can get someone in Canada with 50 jumps legally jumping a camera, good or bad. Individual dropzones may set standards above that minimum.

-Joey-

Better yet, just go away. I, for one am just simply tired of your idiotic rantings.

I wonder if your grandkids had known this is the stuff you would post, would they still have taught you how to use the computer... B|

Despite what's being grumbled about by the peachfuzz youngins under the bleachers at 4:20....always remember ~ Ya don't GET old by bein' weak & stupid.

Darwin rules...and the herd gets thinner. B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

skinnay

still waiting to see some of your videos :D:D

Still waiting for the kangaroo-loving mates down under to send me my helmet that's on order... at least you can find peace in knowing that during the lead time for the Cookie Fuel I'll get a lot more jumps under my belt before attempting to strap on the fatality-inducing deathtrap known as the Contour.

-Joey-

***still waiting to see some of your videos :D:D

Still waiting for the kangaroo-loving mates down under to send me my helmet that's on order... at least you can find peace in knowing that during the lead time for the Cookie Fuel I'll get a lot more jumps under my belt before attempting to strap on the fatality-inducing deathtrap known as the Contour.

While the wait time may reduce the risk you pose to others, the wait time likely won't impact your attitude. I once knew a guy like you that was "me, me, me" and "I'm pretty good at other sports, quit worrying about me and worry about yourself."
That conversation took place perhaps 6 weeks before he killed someone else in a canopy collision.

-Joey-

At least someone has a sense of humor.

Y'know if you ever do meet Bryan Burke, you'll find him to be fucking hilarious. Dry as a bone, but hilarious. But he does have a low tolerance for people who won't listen, even though he's probably got more data, well-analyzed, than anyone in this sport (including deaths, injuries, and close calls). But since you've already decided you don't like him, guess that's your loss. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

-Joey-

***still waiting to see some of your videos :D:D

I just want to laugh at your flying. If you weren't such a cocky little shit it wouldn't be funny, but I'm sure I will find peace when I see it :D

DSE

******still waiting to see some of your videos :D:D

While the wait time may reduce the risk you pose to others, the wait time likely won't impact your attitude. I once knew a guy like you that was "me, me, me" and "I'm pretty good at other sports, quit worrying about me and worry about yourself."
That conversation took place perhaps 6 weeks before he killed someone else in a canopy collision.
Don't worry, I'll make sure the 4 oz. black cylinder on my head won't cause any controllability issues with my canopy.

Yeah yeah yeah I know what you're going to say next. "Oh, but you'll want to get that perfect shot of another canopy and you'll lose situational awareness blah blah blah" sorry mate, I'm not dumb enough to lose awareness just from knowing I have something on my head. Maybe others are, but that's between you and them :)

monkycndo

***Hey I never said that. I just pointed out something about his word choice.

And you will never jump in Eloy.

Why?
Simple economics. For the same price at which I can buy skydiving at Eloy, I can buy skydiving with a side of freedom elsewhere.

-Joey-

Technology won't come and go; technology is here to stay :)
Best to embrace it, and not fear it.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4401254;#4401254

Yup.. and based on your thread about what the smallest canopy you could get away with jumping with zip for jump experience..and your desire to be just like Andy but without the many thousands of jumps he has and EARNED all that experience.
Oh and by the way Jumptown or Houston...and your escape to "freedom"...... all that freedom you are seeking.... I wish I could watch that shit...:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I will lay odds that the canopy technology is gonna eat your lunch because you have no respect for it.

PLEASE oh please get a complete set of Go Pro's to get all angles for that cool video

17 May 2015

Skycatcher, no amount of logic will convince people who have made up their minds about something based on irrational thinking

The same exact thing we say about you.

Still waiting for you to provide your data
"Provide your data to back that up. How many US DZ's allow a GoPro at 50 jumps vs how many make you wait till 100 or 200? "

Put up, or shut up.

Anyone else read his comment on 'buying skydiving'?!?!!??

I am starting to think this guy is not even off student status. Has anyone ever heard a skydiver say a phrase like that?
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

And how many videos are there on YouTube of students videoing their training and their solo flights? Are they being unreasonably distracted by the camera(s)?

There's a big difference between mounting a camera and turning it on before an activity begins, and operating and aiming a camera during the actual activity.

A student pilot can mount and activate the camera before doing anything having to do with flying the airplane. They can then move into conducting a flight, to include the use of checklists, without involving the camera to any degree.

It's a 'passive' use of a camera, and truth be told if a student/newbie wanted to mount a camera to the door/wing of an aircraft to film their exits, and did mounted and activated the camera before gearing up, I would not have a problem with that (of course, provided that the mounting was safe and not damaging to the aircraft).

However, jumping a camera is another story. It requires direct interaction with the camera during the gear up, ride to altitude, and during the actual skydive/canopy flight. That's the instance where you need to have a good grasp of the basic skills/procedures in those areas before adding another skill/procedure to the mix. The former are survival skills that you need to live through a jump, the latter is an 'entertainment' device that is not needed or required for making a skydive, so you can see why the basic skills need to come first, and the 'fluff' comes later.

Dears "self defined Olds" your advices and analisys, as experienced skydivers, are my daily food.
This is my first post here and it's just to say you thanks.
As a noob in the "sport" I feed myself with your comments here and in Incident forum almost every day, looking for any kind of detail I miss in my own skydiving experience.
Some of them have already been usefull..... other I hope will never be, but...please, Do Not stop arguing on Anything, too many fresh minds need your "imprinting" to try to get their ways safer than they think them already are.
Even if there are no post from us, we need a guide and a line of thought for a "sport" that allows to many guys kill them selves for superficiality and blindness towards hidden dangers.
Some of your usernames have gained my respect built by lots of mind-opener and conservative posts, not always caught at the first read.

Thanks you all to make My Skydive Safer.

:)

I'm sorry, May be I choose the wrong thread to say that, but here I read you tired to reply. It's ALWAYS helpful.

>So I take it you're against having first-timers knowingly signing their rights away then,
>since they clearly aren't capable of understanding the risks?

Nope. They sign their rights away AND they are under direct and immediate supervision so they can't do anything really stupid. As they gain experience they get more and more freedom to screw up.

> What you're espousing is not letting student pilots talk on the radio until they have
>200 hours of flight time, because talking on the radio would be a distraction.

More like not letting them fly complex aircraft until they have 200 hours flight time.

-Joey-

******Hey I never said that. I just pointed out something about his word choice.

And you will never jump in Eloy.

Why?
Simple economics. For the same price at which I can buy skydiving at Eloy, I can buy skydiving with a side of freedom elsewhere.

That's it. You woke me up. Until now, I hadn't realized how oppressed I was.

I'm, starting a Occupy Eloy movement to demand more freedom!

Occupy Eloy's manifesto main goal will be to allow us to do more than 180s... (damm, we can already)... And have multiple tracking groups per planes.

Our TWO main goals will be bigger turns, and more tracking groups (damm... again, we can do both already)... And wingsuiting.

Three of our major goals are bigger turns, more tracking, and wingsuiting.... DAMMMMMIT!

OK.. I just want beer.
Remster