Tetrahedron

GoPros right off of student status?

Nah nah... 2 people predicted my death, just because I agree that 50 jumps is sufficient for a small-format camera (just like Canada and many US DZ's) even though no fatality has ever been caused by a camera.

If you're going to predict someone's death just because they disagree with you, then naturally when the date passes, they should get a public apology. I'll be waiting :)
Skydiving is serious business

-Joey-

Nah nah... 2 people predicted my death, just because I agree that 50 jumps is sufficient for a small-format camera (just like Canada and many US DZ's) even though no fatality has ever been caused by a camera.

If you're going to predict someone's death just because they disagree with you, then naturally when the date passes, they should get a public apology. I'll be waiting :)

Nope.. not the camera... the trying to be a tool and get a stupid small canopy so you can have the freedom tol earn what pain and suffering is

BUT....I will do better than that... I will jump with you AND buy the jump.. but you gotta do it MY WAY..Head down SPEED DIVE..... IF you have learned not to be a total tool by then

Amazon

***Head down? What's the big deal?

Or is that supposed to be a really bad veiled suicide reference or something?

Nope.. but I am betting you think 150 MPH in freefall is fast:ph34r:

Oh my, this just got kinda fun. :D:D

DSE

******Head down? What's the big deal?

I love those videos I have like the one I have of Mark Harju's "speed dive".. eyes the size of silver dollars.. screaming like a little girl:ph34r::ph34r:

-Joey-

.... even though no fatality has ever been caused by a camera.

Incorrect.
I know of two fatalities directly caused by the camera.

http://www.blincmagazine.com/forum/wiki/Kylie_Buffy_Tanti
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4151917;search_string=fatality%20sweden;#4151917
Both was due to a snag with the camera/mount.

Regarding the distraction, I know someone earlier wrote "use the camera to time WS/TS flights and it's not a distraction."
I can to some degree agree with the camera not beeing such a big issue when you do solojumps and going for performance.
But once you do jumps with other/ or are under canopy close to other the camera cen become a distraction.
I know it has been a few times for me.

A misrouted chest strap???? Oh man, call in the fire department!

Priceless... absolutely priceless. And this is the guy who thinks he has enough experience to determine how the USPA recommendations about cameras should not apply to him. :S

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

What do I get if I survive past all the bounce bingo dates? I should get some kind of prize and apology, that's only fair.

'Fair' is only for real people. Real people are honest about who they are, and from where they speak. Trolls and children with nothing better to do then stir up shit are deceptive about these things because it will hurt their credibility.

You gave other people shit about their info, and asked for jump numbers, but you yourself don't even have a 'plausible' number in your profile. I'm not asking anyone to post a pic of their logbook, especially because I myself don't have a logbook that goes past jump 200-ish.

What I do have is a history on this site, a D license number that's 15 years old (which can be traced), a USPA number that's 18 years old (which can be traced), USPA ratings (which can be traced), and multiple people who post here who have met and jumped with me.

You want fair? How about you start being fair and stop being such a faceless shit-stirrer? That would be fair to anyone reading this thread who for some odd reason might be trying to take your point seriously.

just like Canada and many US DZ's

Still waiting on you to provide the data to back up your claim. Which US DZ's allow them at 50 jumps?

Put up the data, or admit you made it up.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

DSE

******Head down? What's the big deal?

Finally, this made me laugh after going through the last few pages trying to keep up.

On another note, I'm a 26 yr old "kid" who doesn't know crap and will take advice from anyone that is recognized around the dz as a good skydiver. I might not agree with something they tell me, but I realize there is a lot to learn, and I'm willing to try what someone, that should have respect, tells me. If they come up to me offering advice, why blow them off? That is free advice I didn't have to pay for and that I am very appreciative. Definitely beer later. It's also cool to be on the old guys' good side cause at my DZ, they usually are bellyflyers, while the younger experienced guys are freeflyers. So I'll jump with the old guys and let them constructively criticize and teach.

Thank you old guys.

On another note, I'm a 26 yr old "kid" who doesn't know crap and will take advice from anyone that is recognized around the dz as a good skydiver

A guy gets it.

You have to wonder why we try and give advice:

1. To keep you down and make us feel like we have mad skills
2. To prevent you from getting hurt.

I can't fathom a person who honestly thinks #1.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

-Joey-

Head down? What's the big deal?

Joey - lets see if I can put this in perpective for you...
First, see Dave's post above! then...
I've been in this sport since the late 1970's. Before that, I was a champion diver and National Champion Gymnast. So, in my own way, I have mad skillz. I'd love to post accurate jump numbers here, but quite frankly, I've stopped logging years ago. So, I just put down 1500.

Compared to your 37 jumps and time in sport, I'm a fricking skygod!!! However, compared to 3/4 of the posters on this site, I'm a Newb! Most of the poeple here, who are telling you to shut the fuck up and listen, have more jumps/experience/knolege/skill than I could ever dream of having.

So, I hope this puts into perspective just how foolish your dribble sounds to them. These are the best of the best our sport has to offer. If you survive the season, it'll only take you another 30 years to be good enough to lick their boots! So, shut the fuck up and try to listen. I learn new stuff from these guys/gals every day. You could too.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

What do I get if I survive past all the bounce bingo dates? I should get some kind of prize and apology, that's only fair.

You're seriously still talking like this barely one week since what happened at snohomish? What's wrong with you.

"live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse"
It's an achievable goal :|

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

wmw999

"live fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse"
It's an achievable goal :|

Wendy P.

Hi 99

True:)
Except the good looking corpse.B|

I've never bothered to looked after someone hurt themselves at the dz in this extreme sport of jumping. But I doubt if they get a open casket funeral.
One Jump Wonder