upndownshop

SkyFest 7: July 11th to 16th 2007 @ SD Spaceland!

This is being sent on behalf of [email protected] as part of the mailing list that you joined.
List: Spaceland
URL: http://www.skydivespaceland.com
------------------------------------------------------------

ITS HERE!!!!!! ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

EVERYONE IS WELCOME TO COME TO SPACELAND!!!
www.skyfestboogie.com

SKYFEST is this weekend; actually it starts tomorrow and continues through Monday of next week (7-11 through 7-16). If you haven¡¦t been to a SKYFEST this one is the one to attend. We are going B I G !!!!!

Weather reports look great!
Party tents are erecting!
People are showing up!

The event kicks off tomorrow (Wed.) and there is a FREE Hawaiian dinner courtesy of Adam with Pony Printing tomorrow night. All are welcome.

MANUFACTURES

19 equipment manufactures are here to show you the latest in skydiving gear and technology. There are many products that you can demo jump from canopies to container systems even altimeters and audible altimeters. Performance Designs, Sun Path, Mirage, Larsen and Brusgaard, Tony Suits, among many others.

AIRCRAFT for jumps or rides

Skyvan (tailgate aircraft)
2 Super Otters
1 Grand Caravan
Antonov2 (Huge Russian biplane)
Powerd Parachutes (instructional rides) Champ

Apache war helicopter will be here for static display. This machine rocks!

SKYDIVING EVENTS

Women¡¦s Texas State Record ¡K¡KSequiential¡K¡KWe need you!
High Altitude Jumps
Wingsuit jumps
SCR/SCS jumps
Freefly Texas State Record
High Speed Pass jumps (feels like a jet jump)
Pink Patch jumps (jump with 19 women and YOU!) Organizing for all skill levels and all types

AFTER HOURS EVENTS

Wed and Thurs night------Open mic nights/ karaoke------Bands

Friday night-----2 bands starting at 9:30 Melovine is a well known Houston band

Saturday night----- HUGEgear auction, SCR ceremonies, party

Sunday night ----- open mic/ karaoke

There is food on site, aircraft to jump, events to participate in and plenty of gear to look at!

Full event details at www.skyfestboogie.com

Cya this week at Skyfest

Eric

Here are a few details about the Womens Texas State Record Attemps

SPACELAND'S WOMEN'S TEXAS STATE RECORD ATTEMPT @ SKYFEST 2007 Are you a girl?
Want to make history with us again this year?
If you want to be a part of setting a new state record by completing a 2pt. 32-way, let us know!
The WOMENS TEXAS STATE RECORD ATTEMPT will be Saturday, July 14, 2007 at Skydive Spaceland during SKYFEST.
Come join the fun! Scheduling for the event is as follows - SATURDAY JULY14TH
3:30pm: Be ready to work on the organization and dirt dive for the first of two record attempts.
5:00pm: Make the jump
ƒn 5:45pm: Celebrate like a bunch of mad women OR debrief and get ready for another go.
7:00pm: Second attempt
These attempts will be formation loads of either two Otters or a SkyVan and an Otter.

I'm also looking for girls willing to do some 20-way formations so a lucky guy can get his TeXXas Pink Patch.

If you are interested, have 200+ jumps and are current, send an email to: http://[email protected] OR send one to: [email protected] .
Blue Skies!!!
Kirsten Johnson
NEW---ORGANIZING FOR LOW-TIMERS @ SKYFEST 2007 FUN FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS THIS YEAR!!! Don't get left behind! If you do not have 200+jumps but are interested in having fun skydiving with others, Leah Blache' will be organizing jumps for you. Guys are included on these jumps, so grab your friends and come ready to play!
If you need additional info, send an email to: [email protected] .
See you there!!!
Leah Blache'

HAY J !!!!!

did the nanners son , Andy and 2 hotties make it to SKYFEST safe and sound????

I was wondering the same thing.
Someone PLEASE keep an eye on Andy. His hair does strange things when he is at out of town boogies! ;):P

How much are jump tickets for the regular aircraft? How about the specialty aircraft? Same prices for cash or CC?

Not sure about the Sky Van, AN2 and other specialty aircraft, but the Otter and Caravan are $20.00 to altitude (usually 13,500 to 14,000 depending on conditions).

No credit card fees as Spaceland either! Cash and credit are the same.

I think that's the "package" price. I just called the DZ and jumps are $23 to altitude out of the standard aircraft.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

im also looking for girls willing to do a 20 way...no plane needed..inquire within...

You need a D liscense for that.:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I just called the DZ and jumps are $23 to altitude out of the standard aircraft.

I can't find any pricing info, either on the Spaceland web site, or on the Skyfest web site.

I would like to know:
- The cost of jumping each of the specialty aircraft.
- Cost of registration (boogie fee).
- Is there a one-day Saturday-only boogie fee?

Someone in charge, please post.

We'll get the docking figured out tomorrow, I'm picking Gonzo up at IAH and running him down. See ya then! :ph34r:

I would offer to pick him up, but I think he's coming in earlier than I can be there (if he's not already here)... Lemme know if you need to scoot, and I can work something out...

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

how far of a ride is it from spaceland to Schlitterbahn? .

I live in Canyon Lake (25 minutes from Schlitterbahn) and it takes me about 3 hours just to get to Houston.

Schlitterbahn is really not worth it. You spend half the day just standing in line.

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Two years ago while Skyfest was happening, I was sitting in my groundschool class, and couldn't wait to be at Skyfest the following year. Not only was I there the following year, but I got my SCR and met some wonderful people (including dz.commers:P). This year I will actually be COOL because my gear will match!

Oh, and I'll be jumping my beautiful new gear for the FIRST time!!! LET THE PARTAY BEGIN!!:)

Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

How much are jump tickets for the regular aircraft? How about the specialty aircraft? Same prices for cash or CC?

23 for regular AC, $46 for AN2, not sure on the Heli yet.
Steve has that info.

Well, the boogie is here. Steve needs to post it online so we can plan our finances, or plan our jumps to fit our means.

Boogie fee is $40 on Saturday, or $15 on Sunday. There is no one-day fee for Saturday only.

So for me to come down Saturday just to jump the Antonov-2 is going to cost me $86. Blech!