CSpenceFLY

Dublin 2007:March 14-18:Dublin,Ga

He answered your question already. Re-read the following. :)

Well, we build a DZ from nothing ,bringing in two Super Otters, a Super King Air, a Caravan, Chopper, two bands, huge bonfire, packers, tents, PA systems, radio station, porta johns, a few manufacturers with demo gear, organizers, wingsuits, trucks to pick you up, manifesters and plane loaders. Thats about it.

This is not a regular DZ. It's a regular airport where skydiving happens for a few days every March. Spence isn't a DZO, he's an individual trying to provide a great boogie (and he does a hell of a job at it). There's a lot of work and cost involved in building a temporary DZ out of thin air! Trust me, those of us who help him out can see that pretty clearly!!

If the event wasn't worthwhile, the DZ's in GA and FL that close down during this event would opt to keep their doors open for those that don't want to expand their horizons. :S

Hope this answered your question. It's early...I need another cup of coffee. I have to work a few hours before going to Dublin to help make this all happen. :D

***In other words you just are don't have that simple answer "whrear the reg. fee goes for"???

It pays for Fun. Simple enough?

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

That's fine, but what is (for regular jumper) the difference between jumping at his regular DZ and this event?
In other words what is getting a regular jumper extra (other then jumping at his home DZ) for the registration fee?

Unbelievable. We're talking $30 here. I think Spence did a good job telling you what the fee covers. Is the registration fee really going to be the difference between whether you come to the boogie or not? What do you think you should get for that amount of money on top of what he is already providing?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There will be no shoddy weather this year.You get a Skymama spanking just for mentioning it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shoddy weather, shoddy weather, shoddy weather.

Be careful what you wish for. >:(

:)
Well, Peanut has been looking at the forcast. Sheez, you would think he had been around Curley long enough. He was trying to flake on me - I had to set him straight. I think he is going to need a Spence spanking for this one. :P

"Don't! Get! Eliminated!"

In other words you just are don't have that simple answer "whrear the reg. fee goes for"???

He answered your question.

The Tents (Huge Packing Tents, Registration Tents, Event Tent) that were put up lats weekend. I heard the Figure of $5,000 just in tent Rental from the owner of the company that was putting up the tents.

Now lets talk about a dozen or more PortaJohn going in with Daily service.. I think that will cost a couple Thousand more.

Then there is Ferry Fees for the Aircraft. Most all Aircraft owners charge this. Not sure How much but I know it is not cheap.

Then there are the bands that are being brought in each night. The firewood being trucked in for the Bonfire and 100 other small details so that the people attending can have a good party.

There are just the expense items (And I am sure I missed a bunch of others) not taking into account the other items that have been bought for this event over the years such as the Broadcast system (FM Transmitter) so that you can listen to manifest anywhere on the airport, PA systems and other items.

Then you have the 100`s of hours put into organizing and publicising this event.

$30 per person is a Steal. Skyfest Charges $40 and it is on a regular dropzone that doesn’t have half these expenses, WFFC charges $70, Pretty much every other Boogie I have even been to charges atleast $20 and that is at a Full time DZ.

Anyone that thinks $30 is too much, Please keep your Cheap ass at home.

Well,I do have to pay for all of my lavish toys and trips all over the world.Yeah,right.

I thought about this last night and was going to offer to cover his registration but after his last post I think I'll do that for someone I know ,"who gets it".

I "get it"! ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I just want to know if that Fancy new horn on your golf cart came out of Registration Fees??:P:D

If it did, I am reporting you to the Funds Appropreation oversight committee!!

Last year it was that Gas powered Blender.. I wonder what new gadget all this years HUGE profits will buy?:D:D

I was woken up last Sunday morning by the LOUD sounds of Spence's new music.[:/]

I strongly suggest that everyone stock up on ear plugs.

He had it so loud last night I couldn't hear my car radio when I pulled up. Maybe we should use the profits to buy hearing aids for Spence:o:)

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

You claimed you were already awake, though! :S Yeah, right!!;)

I guess I should have turned it on when I got up. You would have had time for breakfast before you had to leave! :):D At least I had the coffee ready for you and Kitty to take a cup with you! Damn Daylight Savings Time screwed up your whole routine, didn't it??

I was woken up last Sunday morning by the LOUD sounds of Spence's new music.[:/]

I strongly suggest that everyone stock up on ear plugs.

I told you not to give that to him!

I declare shenanagins on you! SHENANAGINS!
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I just wanted to throw in a Reminder about the Poker Tournament.

the trophies just came in yesterday. the Look Great!! Each one engraved with:
4th Annual Dublin Boogie
Jump for the Paws Fundraiser
Texas Holdem Tournament

We have trophies for 1st -3rd place.

Once again Pokerstars.com has stepped up and is helping sponsor this tournament and has provided Tshirts and Hats for all 10 Players that make the Final Table.

This is a Charity game. 100% of the entry fees will be donated to the local animal shelter. $20 per person entry Fee, No Rebuys. (I am personally covering the cost of the trophies and other goodies I have for people that play in this event out of my pocket).

We will be playing by TDA Rules. I will review these rules before the game starts so that no one is confused. (No string bets, Proper Raise and Reraise amounts, No Commenting on hands in play, Show One Show All, Oversize Chip without comment is a Call not a raise.. Basic stuff but some “Expert” players still don’t understand these rules.)

We are limited to 20 Players total.

The game will start at 8:30 Friday Night. By that I mean Cards in the Air at 8:30, Show up ready to draw for seats by 8:15. Bring your own Chair. I am proving 2 Tables but I do not have ANY chairs.

This will be the only Game I will run. Anyone else that wants to borrow one of the Tables for another Game, I am sure we can work that out.

I still would like a couple Volunteer Dealers to help out. Please PM me if you might be willing to help.

MMMMMMM dirty! ha ha ha, now are we talking like Brittney Spears Dirty or Christina Agulera (SP?) dirty. Also work blows i want to leave right now but i have to wait till freaking friday morning. YUCK.

FARVA!!!!!!
Yeah...You need to grow up. -Skymama

POP's RECORD INFO

Okay folks last update. The following are on the "list" if your not listed it doesn't mean that you aren't welcome to come and be on the attempt(s) it means I stopped adding names to the list a week ago! We will do a 22 way attempt in the morning. Once we get that we will go bigger with everyone that the organizers feel is safe and capable.

The 22 way will be a three way doughnut with whackers. The man himself "Spence" will be in the center setting the fall rate. :P

1 J.R. SIDES
2 BOB HOLLAR
3 GARY SHAFFER
4 CHUCK BLUE
5 CARL D
6 DAVE PADYJASEK
7 JERRY FIELDS
8 TOM BALBONI
9 VIC MOREIRA
10 KATHIE SIDES
11 JACK DONOVAN
12 TERRY CURTIS
13 FORTSON RUMBLE
14 KEITH BROCK
15 BILL LESMAN
16 CHRIS SPENCE
17 LAUREL MOREIRA
18 GARY McMAHAN
19 CHRIS REED
20 LISA BELL
21 DOUG LEWIS
22 ANDY WHITLOCK
23 GREG MCKELLER
24 BILL KNOWLES
25 JENIFER McKINNY
26 CHARLES PHARR
27 VAL FILATOV
28 BOB COLLINS
29 KNOX DEMMOND

See everone there!

Fortson

LISTEN OUT FOR THE P.A. IF YOUR NOT JUMPING WITH THE ORGANIZERS
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

***I got a new Flogging Molly CD last night at the show for Spence's LOUD PA.

SWEET! How about some Dropkick Murphy's to go with it. That's what I'm talkin about!B|

"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

He wasn't playing THAT cd. That would have been really painful.
He went shopping for Celtic music. I didn't say the music I woke up to was bad, just LOUD. I'm sure my hangover didn't help. [:/]
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.