skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

Mark your calendars, make your plans... the Second Ever Star Farms Boogie/Paso Robles Skydiver Reunion is happening September 16th and 17th!

Paso Robles is located on the central coast of California. It's about 40 miles north of San Luis Obispo and about the same distance east of the Pacific Ocean. There used to be a dropzone on the airport; it's where I learned to skydive and did most of my first 700 jumps. For various reasons we can't land on the airport so we'll be taking off from there and landing/partying/camping at Star Farms.

Star Farms is an alfalfa ranch a few miles from the Paso Robles Airport. It was a favorite place for Paso skydivers to jump into at sunset. It's got a huge landing area, a swimmable (but NOT SWOOPABLE - trust me on this one) pond, a sandy beach area for sunbathing, camping space, clean bathrooms and showers, a big bbq area, a tiki bar, a trampoline, a log roll... And it's waaaay out in the country so we can party long, loud and late without worry!

We'll have a PAC750XL to jump out of. We're working on getting load organizers for RW, freefly and wingsuits. We may even have a PD Tour rep with demo canopies. Paid packers will be on hand.

$25 registration covers full use of the facilities for the weekend, beer and dinner Saturday night and transportation to the airport for each load. Jumps will be $22 to 13000 feet. Minimum USPA A license (or equivalent foreign license), current USPA (or equivalent foreign parachuting organization) membership and an in date reserve are required to jump.

Tandem jumps for your whuffo friends and family may be available; please contact me if you're interested so we can arrange to have a tandem instructor and rig there. Other student jumps will NOT be offered or allowed (but non-licensed skydivers are of course welcome to come hang out and party with us).

Be there!!!

a log roll...

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

I am definitely in for this boogie. :)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:(:(:(

As long as I'm residing in the North Bay area, the 3rd weekend in September will be booked for me. Bummer. I would have loved to come to this boogie. I guess I won't be the 6th person to make the minimum # to manifest the PAC.

Cornholio!
Gia
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
skybytch

Definitely count me in this year. I was hoping this would come to fruition this year.

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

Hotels/motels are available in Paso Robles, about 10 miles away. Figure $50+ a night minimum. I'd suggest making reservations early; they tend to fill up quickly on the weekends, even in the fall.

America West and United Express/Skywest fly into San Luis Obispo, which is about 40 miles south. Car rental is available there, or maybe someone local can pick people up??

If I was taking an RV, you'd be more than welcome but I'll be tenting it.

I'm the local guy that helped make this happen, if anyone needs pick ups from the airport let me know (I have Friday off but not Thursday till 6:00) The weather is usually 80's to 90's that time of year but may be a bit foggy in the morning, it won't be too bad Spence. I live 2 minutes for Star Farms but I'll definitely be camping still.

If anyone wants recommendations for hotels/restaurants/wineries or whatnot hit me up, I'll point you in the right direction.

I am also working on getting a Hot Air Balloon for this. The guy that does it locally used to do drop jumpers back east and doesn't have a problem with it but I'm not sure what kind of NOTAM we need or if we do need one. Anyone have any experience with this?

P.S. My GF and all her friends or going to be playing on the beach the whole time as well so there'll be plenty of eye candy for you guys(or gals) that aren't jumping ;)