skybytch

Star Farms Boogie - Sept 16-17, California

Wow, sounds awesome. I'm gonna try like hell to make it. Will let ya know when the date gets closer, but it sounds like just what i need to get my heart back into skydiving.

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Mark your calendars, make your plans... the Second Ever Star Farms Boogie/Paso Robles Skydiver Reunion is happening September 16th and 17th!

Paso Robles is located on the central coast of California. It's about 40 miles north of San Luis Obispo and about the same distance east of the Pacific Ocean. There used to be a dropzone on the airport; it's where I learned to skydive and did most of my first 700 jumps. For various reasons we can't land on the airport so we'll be taking off from there and landing/partying/camping at Star Farms.

Star Farms is an alfalfa ranch a few miles from the Paso Robles Airport. It was a favorite place for Paso skydivers to jump into at sunset. It's got a huge landing area, a swimmable (but NOT SWOOPABLE - trust me on this one) pond, a sandy beach area for sunbathing, camping space, clean bathrooms and showers, a big bbq area, a tiki bar, a trampoline, a log roll... And it's waaaay out in the country so we can party long, loud and late without worry!

We'll have a PAC750XL to jump out of. We're working on getting load organizers for RW, freefly and wingsuits. We may even have a PD Tour rep with demo canopies. Paid packers will be on hand.

$25 registration covers full use of the facilities for the weekend, beer and dinner Saturday night and transportation to the airport for each load. Jumps will be $22 to 13000 feet. Minimum USPA A license (or equivalent foreign license), current USPA (or equivalent foreign parachuting organization) membership and an in date reserve are required to jump.

Tandem jumps for your whuffo friends and family may be available; please contact me if you're interested so we can arrange to have a tandem instructor and rig there. Other student jumps will NOT be offered or allowed (but non-licensed skydivers are of course welcome to come hang out and party with us).

Be there!!!

COUNT ME IN!!!! WOO HOO!!:P:P

So what's the best airport to fly into? San Luis Obispo? Any other options?

I'm seriously considering making the trip with the Roaming DZ...the 17th is my birthday and I think I deserve a good boogie for a present! B|

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Chaoskitty
CSpenceFLY and as many RoamingDZers as I can find!
Cornholio!
Feeblemind
Fungh
Gia
Lovelife11
Lauralicious (definate maybe?)
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Seabazz1
skybytch
Uponone

I have gotten the day off so I am in for sure.

Nor-Cal folks needing a ride - I will be taking the porta house (36 foot motor home) and I have room for folks on a first come first serve basis that need a ride, all I ask is some help with gas to get there and back. Tenative plan is to load at Davis at around 11:00am on Friday with a noon departure. Please PM if you are intrested.

Fire Safety Tip: Don't fry bacon while naked

Hey Laura,

You can fly directly into San Luis Obispo - this would be the nearest to Paso.

Other options:

Bakersfield - Approx 2 hrs from Paso
Santa Barbara - Approx 2 hrs from Paso
San Jose - Approx. 2 1/2 hrs from Paso
Oakland - Approx. 3 hrs from Paso
San Francisco - Approx 3 hrs from Paso
Burbank - Approx. 3 1/2 hrs from Paso
Los Angeles - Approx 4 hours (depending on traffic)

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Chaoskitty
Clownburner
CSpenceFLY and as many RoamingDZers as I can find!
Cornholio!
Feeblemind
Fungh
Gia
Lovelife11
Lauralicious (definate maybe?)
McBeth
monkycndo
NWFlyer
Seabazz1
skybytch
Uponone
7CP#1 | BTR#2 | Payaso en fuego Rodriguez
"I want hot chicks in my boobies!"- McBeth

Good to see the list growing :P

I wanted to let you all know that you all are more than welcome to bring your RV's but there are no hookups.

There is a professional crouquet(sp?) course out there so I'm thinking we make up some sort of drunken crouquet tournament where we each have to pound a beer after every hoop and the last man(woman) standing wins. There is also the log roll but that can get painful during fierce competition :S:P

P.S. There is also a newish Airport in Fresno-FAT- that has many larger planes landing there. It is about 2 hours from here.

Count me in. Been waiting for this event to actually happen. When will the plane be there? Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Can't wait!

I have only reserved the Saturday and Sunday but can and will reserve Friday if there is enough people that go. Whether the plane is out there is up to Skybytch, she's taking care of that portion of it. So how many of you would like to come out Friday?

Whether the plane is out there is up to Skybytch, she's taking care of that portion of it. So how many of you would like to come out Friday?

I'm sure we can get the plane on Friday if there will be enough people there to keep it flying.

BUMP...
You west coast people need to get on the ball and keep this in the news.

What would you know about shameless self-promotion, Spence? :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke