pow

Exotic boogies?

Hi all

I'm brand new in this great sport and to get a head start, I thought I'd try to go on one or two boogies this year.
I was wondering if anyone out there know of any "exotic boogies". Landing on the beach in a warm country is what I'm talking about :)I read about the Mozambique beach boogie and was thrilled until I realised it was last year. :(
It is something like this I have in mind...

So, please share you're knowledge with me!

Thai Sky Festival - running right now: http://www.thaiskyfestival.com/

Bu I would suggest to get some more jumps even if no requirement is posted for some of the boogies because you don't want to worry about winds pushing you over the see without being able to handle this.
Also, a lot of these boogies offer organized bigway jumps and you also don't want to screw these jumps and be put to do single jumps.
M.
vSCR No.94
Don't dream your life - live your dream!

From the top of my head, there are:

- Belize boogie
- African boogie
- Dubai Boogie
- Exotic Sky Adventure Boogies (they change location every year)
- Rocky Point boogie

Search the forums here, of even google for more info...
Remster

I just got back from the Thai Sky Festival. With 265 jumps, I was very much at the bottom end of the experience scale. In addition to getting on bigways and opening well out over the bay, dealing with 50 canopies in the sky at once is something to think about at low jump numbers. There were people there in the 100-200 jump range but personally, I think I'll get more out of it next year with more experience and skill. But it sure was a blast!

Kenya boogie is awesome... www.skydivekenya.com no minimum license required to jump but there will be a period most days where there will a jump number limit on beach landings due to high tide. Tide times are usually posted at manifest so you can plan your day and take a break to miss the worst of it. There is a golf course that is used when the beach isn't suitable. There's a good mix of skill levels from AFF students to top notch organisers and everything in between.:)
Awesome crowd, great organisers and by far the best boogie I have ever been to - so good I've been 4 times B|B|B|

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Depends how high the tide is!! At the highest tides there really is very little beach and the palm trees that over hang create some challenging target practice! When the tide is really high a 500 jump number limit is in place (I think I remember that right)

For less extreme high tides usually it'll be at the jumpers discretion if they want to land at the golf course, land on the beach or just sit it out. The pilot just does a split load, 1st group(s) over the golf course the rest over the beach.

It's pretty ego-free!! :)

Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet the sweaty things!

Just as a general note...

The fact that a boogie allows anyone to land on the beach does not mean that everyone should.
Some places are very laid back as far as rules and regulations are. That doesnt mean you should just do it, regardless of your accuracy level.
Remster

It's pretty ego-free!! :)

good stuff. That event is interesting with the potential combo of other adventure. Unfortunately, it's a pretty long trek to go from California and would require a decent length vacation - sadly not very American to run off for 3 weeks. Much easier to arrange a week.

Just came back from one heck of a Thai Sky Festival 2006. Next year again and more exotic than this....well, opinions may vary, but I liked it:)
The minimum required amount of jumps here was 100 and with that amount, you easily could make beach jumps at the end of the day. The Ao Manao beach is a 4 kms/2.5 miles long cresent-moon- shaped beach, which is during low tide on some points over 30 meters/100 feet wide. Everybody had not a single problem making it onto the beach there. Rescue teams from the RTAF were just off the coast, standing by in case of. Gosh, are these guys good!!!!

I myself only have at this moment over 150 jumps and made 5-6 beach jumps. Exotic? hell yeah!!!!!

2007: another Thai Sky Festival is said to be comfirmed.
Some mistakes are too much fun to make only once.

Puerto Rico has a boogie in Feb which is great with all jumps near or on the beach (your choice). But as advised--build some more experience--you are jumping bigger airplanes with more canopies in the air--beach jumps are inherently more risky than landing at a big airports, etc..

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

:D

The African freefall Convention will be happening this year Dec 2006-Jan-2007.
Dave Morris doing big ways.

Dave Morris was at Equinox in '02 BING BONG was his catch cry, ...bloody annoying git:D:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

;)
Brokky's pics said it all.
Post him for details of Exotic Sky Adventure boogies.
There may well be one in November this year cos Sri Lanka got cancelled in February.
Next years will be feb/mar time.
So far i have been on 3 ESA boogies,Ecuador,Thailand and Uruguay.
All very well organised and cater for all levels of skydiving from AFF upwards so dont worry about your jump numbers just lots of canopies cos we normally get a Hecules C130! to jump from.
Stephan
:)
Swooping, huh? I love that stuff ... all the flashing lights and wailing sirens ... it's very exciting!