aragao

SuperMan exit

Talk to your instructors about it, see how they want to see it done.

Here's what I'd tell you to do, though:

Present your body to the relative wind, get your arms out in front of you and your legs curled up. You should feel like you're sliding headfirst down a slide, leveling off on the bottom. Be sure to put your legs back out once you're stable or you're going to be backsliding really fast.

There are other, more efficient ways to do this, but from what I've seen, that's the easiest way for a low-timer/beginner to do it.B|

Good luck! Remember to have fun.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

i would say that they have already given you some good advice, but if it doesnt go perfectly, dont worry because your ability to regain stability is more important than the actual exit. after level 7 you are cleared for solo and thats when the learning really begins

just have fun

Present your body to the relative wind, get your arms out in front of you and your legs curled up. You should feel like you're sliding headfirst down a slide, leveling off on the bottom. Be sure to put your legs back out once you're stable or you're going to be backsliding really fast.

My instructors pu me on this exit to try and sort my exit stability problems.

The first time I did it, I didn't stick my legs out as I cam level, and I did a backloop. Just the one, and _then_ I stuck my legs out.
--
Arching is overrated - Marlies

why worry? what did you do on your last level? I bet you were in all sorts of different positions . And what did you do to recover? We're not looking for perfection...more for awareness. Just have faith in the arch and relaaaaax. oh and dont forget to have fun.
CB
Don't look for why it might work....look for why it might not.

First time I tried it my JM put "Nice style-series on exit...bt let's just try a normal exit first"

It's fun...don't sweat it...even if things go wrong, you'll right yourself in an instant..

Just listen to your JM's and ask them to just talk you through it as many times as you want to hear it...:)

Good luck and have fun (FUN being the #1 focus!)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And about my head, should I be looking at the horizon on the exit??

Ask your instructor for tips on body position, he'll be able to relate it to you better in person. But what I was told when I did that was dive out like I'm trying to grab the wing tip.

One of the reasons for the superman exit is to demonstrate that you can control yourself in a deliberately different position. It helps you to begin learning how to feel the wind and use it no matter where it comes from.

It's really important; not that you do it perfectly (what's perfect???), but that you know that you can exit in almost any position and figure out how to get stable.

E divirta-se -- e a parte mais importante.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just a note from my own student experience, when doing diving exits for my AFP's, I had a problem with front flipping immediately upon exit. Apparantly this was due to the stiffness of my body as well as my legs being stuck straight out. Fixing the problem only took relaxing (as everyone has already mentioned) and keeping my feet on my butt until I got over the hill. Have fun!
Jesse

<* Spread the Love! *>

As Dave siad, Hands out in front feet up ya bum and look UP do not put your head down (ask me why:$) keep it up look to the horizon until you off the hill

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Remember to not give up-don't think you have to complete a front-flip if you go past vertical. You still are just slightly head down relative to the wind.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Woo hooo! I did my first dive exit on Saturday, out a C182. I can honestly say, that was my best (in terms of fun) jump ever! Left leg on step, right in the door, smile at JM, and GO! Had my legs up my bum, arms slightly extended. It was so sweet .... I was almost expecting to go unstable, but I didn't. When I levelled out, and realised that for the first time in my life, I was 100% on heading and staying there, I was grinning so much my cheeks hurt.

Life is good!B|

Kerry

Hi all,
Thanks for your advices.
I can´t jump this weekend because it was raining, so I will jump on the next sunday.
Congrats Kerry, I am ansious for this moment...

Wendy, vou tentar me divertir neste salto!! :)Ainda tenho problemas em me relaxar:(

This is my favorite exit postition. Listen to your instructors. You may not have to tuck your legs much. If your arms are in to much and legs out to far you could go over on your back though. On exiting the otter I'm still learning the fine pts. on this. At Eloy I was chewed out by a girl for slamming her into the side of the door and for taking up too much room when I dived out. We had four floaters out, then a row of three people taking grips on the floaters, then this girl and I both diving, with people behind us. I was taught to throw myself out side ways to the wind rather than head down, to allow her more room on exit. I'm learning. Steve1