woodpecker

I need a DZ in Georgia

I'm heading to Georgia for 5 months to complete some training and need some information. I'm looking to jump the entire 5 months I'm there so please send me some DZ's and anything else you can think of.

Blue Skies
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

You are welcome to jump with us at Skydive Atlanta!
We jump Friday afternoon's, Saturday and Sunday.
We have a Super King Air that gets to altitude in about 8 minutes. It's got working heat, since you'll be here during winter.
We have a 15,000 sq ft hangar, big screen TV, and a really fun atmosphere.
It's also 100 miles or more south of the northern Georgia DZ's. You wouldn't think so but it is actually about 5 degrees warmer in Thomaston. That's helps in winter time.
www.skydiveatlanta.com

http://www.skydiveatlanta.com
http://www.musiccityskydiving.com

Where in GA are you going to be? That could be a factor. Also what kind of flying do you like?

I call Skydive Atlanta home, fast plane, lots of landing, very friendly, most excellent night life, etc.
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

Around Atlanta you have alot of Choices on where to jump. I would suggest you visit each of the DZ`s and see which one you like best.

SDA In Thomaston (South of Atlanta) is Freefly Central with a fast King Air. Great Vibe there and very friendly Staff and Jumpers.

Monroe - Northeast of Atlanta has a mix of Freeflyers and RW Jumpers. Again Friendly Place.

The Farm (West of Atlanta) is my personal favorite. Freeflers, RW and Swoopers/Canopy Pilots. Great atmosphere, Beautiful Dropzone (DZ is a Private 55 Acre Farm with two Ponds and perfectly manicured Grass. Very Relaxing Place to spend the entire weekend)

Check them all out and make up your mind afterwards. Or do like many of us and just go back and forth between them all. We are very lucky in Atlanta to have so many great places to choose from.

I havent been to Monroe, but the other two , J's right on. SDA has the best landing area.... almost everywhere you look is a safe out. Plus plenty of comfy couches (shh Clay)

if your in the south east of Ga, then there is Skydive St Marys which I believe is about to open back up once Glenn gets here with the plane, and then the Florida DZs arent far either...
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

Skydive Atlanta is a great DZ... fast plane, nice people, facilities are nice, etc. Night life is fun. Great place to make lots of jumps!

Skydive the Farm is nice as well... Pretty scenary!! Especially if you wanna make a few jumps and just chill..

Check them both out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

He is going to be in the Brunwick Sea Island area.

Sucks to be him.But really that will put him closer to the Fla. DZs.Skydive St. Marys is down there but I think they fly only a Cessna.

Don't forget about the Dublin Boogie in March.It's only about an hour and a half north on I-16

they just got a 206... i used to live in brunswick, nothing to do there, its a town full of federal agent students....

and if he is going there for training, he will be busy, i used to train those peoples , they work them hard

I hear that SC DZs are all snobs stay in GA or FL, plus if you get pulled over in SC with a GA plate you WILL get a ticket.... and then they take you to jail until you can pay for that ticket, but then once you get to jail they add on additional expences such as room and board.... youd be stuck there for ever without even one jump to speak of....

Depending on WHERE in GA, you could stop be Skydive St. Marys, we have a 206. We have some great sport jumpers that hang out there. Read our reviews and check us out at www.skydivestmarys.com
Thanks for letting me toot my own horn!

Blue Skies!
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

You are correct....federal agent training for 4 months. Should be able to get some weekends free to jump though. Thanks everyone for all the DZ info and I will PM you all when I get there and meet up at a DZ near you....since apparently there arent any near me ;):(;):(
Thanks again......
SONIC WOODY #146

There is a fine line between cockiness and confidence -- which side of the line are you on?

Ashtanga,
for that I'm meeting you at a DZ and getting the party on. If anything to dissolve the myths surrounding Special Agents. :)
See everyone in GA in a few months. I'll be the one jumping in a parka with a badge on it. ;)
SONIC WOODY #146