base570

CSS anyone 2??

PM sent.

Hey everyone - this is precious:

Lyman got TOTALLY CLOCKED IN THE FACE, BAD!! by a level 7 student on Wednesday.

He's OK - obviously.

He does have a huge gash in his cheek, which has more or less stopped bleeding, unless he's at altitude, when it still oozes. (Of course he needed stitches - but would he go to the hospital? NOOOO.)And he has a huge left-eye shiner.

So, everyone make sure and give him a full ration of shit this weekend B|. It really looks worse than it is ... I think!

I'm really not cruel and evil. I'm impressed with how tough Lyman is - I always have been. But then, we have a tough household. Anyone who remembers my broken cheekbone and shiner from Bones's rig a few years ago may understand :D:ph34r:.

Best,
Dawn

Who is going to the tunnel in September and is anyone interested in car pooling?

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

That is a big camp! Everyone will have a blast. Thanks for being a great organizer!:)
Keith and I really wish we could go! : (

I want to make sure everyone knows that Scott Miller is coming to CSS from September 8-10th. Keith and I signed up for the basic course on Saturday. We're excited because we couldn't do the camps the last two times he was here.
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

I just called Nancy and put myself on the list for the advanced course on Sunday. B|

Also, we've got a bunch of CSS types heading to The Farm (in Georgia) this weekend to watch/participate in Carnage On The Pond, a.k.a. the Wicked Liquid Swoop Boogie. I think Joey is leaving Thursday, and Eric and I are leaving after work on Friday. Anyone else?

Hello Everyone. Just thought I'd pop in. If you haven't seen it yet. Here it is. Me making a complete fool of myself on a pink ball...Oh yeah and it's BPRR's FIRST official music video of "Ginseng"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1034811017&n=2

Love you all!!!

--Joe
BPRR
[email protected]
www.bpandrr.com
www.myspace.com/bigprettyandtheredrockets

BP&RR at The Library tonight!

I'll be there. Does anyone know when the show starts?

Joe- I was watching some old freefly videos last night and found that hybrid we did with four flat flyers and you, Ellis, Eric and me hanging. Eric had his super duper fish eye so you could see all four belly flyers and the other three hangers in frame.:) Miss ya, dude.

I watched that one last night too. A classic. B| Another funny one was Casey's first fruit loop- she held onto my wrists and we ended up just flipping a two way round. Casey then spent the rest of the skydive zooming around the sky, trying to stop moving forward. There's one priceless shot of Casey zooming forward from one end of the screen to the other and me looking at Justin with a "wtf?" look on my face. Two seconds later, Casey comes screaming by in the other direction.:D

If you liked those check out this one....

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=4649

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Hi CSSers.......

Just thought I would drop a quick post here....... Hope everyone is doing well.
Regarding the tunnel trip, we have 1 open seat if someone is wanting to car pool. We will more than likely be leaving late friday and for sure will be heading back right after our time monday morning. Just let me know if anyone is interested.

Janine

Listen up -

Jack gets out of the hospital tomorrow :)
I'm picking his friend Gary up at the airport in the a.m., then we're going to get Jack, and we should be back at CSS by 2 pm or so. He will be leaving for TN sometime Sat.

I know he would just love to see everyone, so if you can get off work early tomorrow, please come on out -- he would love to hang out with everyone/anyone tomorrow night.

I don't think the word "miraculous" is any exaggeration regarding the recovery he's made ... actually maybe it's no miracle, because he's worked so very hard and has such an amazing attitude. All along his goal was to walk out of that hospital on his own 2 feet - he's walking with crutches/canes and continues to work out all of his muscles like crazy. He actually took 5-6 steps unsupported by ANY aid yesterday.

So, if you can get out to CSS tomorrow night or Sat a.m., come see Jack and celebrate with us.

Best,
Dawn

An update...........I'm sure most at CSS have heard already.

Well after 1400 jumps and more than 1000 high performance landings, I've finally achieved my reward. I pounded in last weekend at Skydive the Farm, during the Wicked Liquid Swoopers Boogie.

I smacked into the water at about 60-70mph and flipped once. After I could start breathing again they pulled me from the pond, removed my gear and called the ambulance.

I have no broken bones but messed up my knee pretty severely. I have a torn PCL, LCL, Meniscus, and the muscle has separated from my tibia. I have surgery tomorrow morning and the recovery will be 6-9 months.

I have always accepted the FACT that when you are a high performance canopy pilot........It's not if you will get hurt......It's when will you get hurt. Stay safe and make informed decisions.

Later

Hey Everyone-
The last Bull's baseball home game this season is Thurs. (31st) There is a fireworks display after the game.
I have a jag of tix and want you to help me get them used! PM or call or whatever and I'll figure out how to get tickets to you or I can leave them at the will call window also.
Game is at 7 - fireworks afterwards- Bring the family!
http://www.dbulls.com
---------------------------------------