base570

CSS anyone 2??

Was glad to make it up there Sat, good thing I did because Sun got icky!

Nice putting faces with names, Eric & Marion, and to all the others I met. A very nice DZ and very nice folks. Too bad so far away, but I'm sure I"ll make it back there. Keep me updated on the haps there.

(Sorry this got posted amidst all the condolences to Steve. I was unaware of that, I send my condolences.)

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

I'll miss you buddy. You're always in my thoughts as the guy looking over us young'uns at the dz. Keep a look out for us from above my friend.

Love you man!
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

Joe -

Steve was going to come with me, Kelly & many others to your show this Thurs. I'm sorry he'll miss it ... if there ever lived a man who could make a good time even more fun, it was Steve Kemp.

There were definitely tears at CSS today, but there was also a lot of laughter in the loft. C'mon - how can anyone think of Scuba and not laugh at least a little? But god I'll miss you -
"How're ya doing, man?"
"My life rocks."
"Yeah? Mine rocks too!"
"Both of our lives rock. That kicks ass."
"I love you, man!!!"

I love you too, my friend.

Thanks for everyone's calls & e-mails today from near & far. Steve sure had a huge family.

-Dawn

I have been sitting here all day thinking of steve and the great times i had with him and the many times we laughed together and the many times steve jumped with me in the begging. I thought about giving up cause i didnt think i could ever be a skydiver and steve put the smile back on my face. and made me belive i could do it. He also tought me the soul brother exit. And steve in my heart you will always be my brother. Im going to miss you so damn much man. spread your wings on us and keep watch over us brother. Youll be missed with lots of love i know.

mike

hey all. what happened to steve. I met him at lake wales over xmas. We both filmed tiger and pooh. Great guy. Cracked me up at the bonfire
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

I know I haven't been part of the CSS group for very long, but I knew Steve well enough to know he will be missed by a lot of people. It occurred to me today that I may have been one of the last to see him alive Sunday.

Steve was teaching me how to edit videos, and it was really fun listening to him talk about it, and seeing the way his face lit up when he described how it felt to make a great video. It really seems like he truly loved his job and his life. There aren't many people who can say the same.

BSBD.

On a separate note, I have contacted Nancy about creating a designated driver call list. I don't know if the DZ already has one, but as of now, whether it exists or not, my name is on it. If anyone ever needs a ride late one night, call me. I'd much rather get up in the middle of the night and drive out of my way than attend another funeral. Be safe out there, guys.

Mike

Edit: I heard this song on the radio on the way home, and it just seemed fitting. http://www.lyricattack.com/g/goodcharlottelyrics/thedaythatidielyrics.html

so what actually happened then? Like i said in my pm..If you want a pic of steve i can send you some. I took a bunch down in lake wales..he was a funny dude. Made me laugh at the bonfire anyways.

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

Joe -

Steve was going to come with me, Kelly & many others to your show this Thurs. I'm sorry he'll miss it ... if there ever lived a man who could make a good time even more fun, it was Steve Kemp.

There were definitely tears at CSS today, but there was also a lot of laughter in the loft. C'mon - how can anyone think of Scuba and not laugh at least a little? But god I'll miss you -
"How're ya doing, man?"
"My life rocks."
"Yeah? Mine rocks too!"
"Both of our lives rock. That kicks ass."
"I love you, man!!!"

I love you too, my friend.

Thanks for everyone's calls & e-mails today from near & far. Steve sure had a huge family.

-Dawn

Dawn...I can't say how great that would have been. And you sure are right that steve can make a good time a great time. I loved sitting around and talking to steve exchanging stories or knowledge. It was always a good time with him.

I think this thursday's show will be dedicated to my man steve. I can't make it to the bonfire on thursday and I chose not to come out to the DZ today so I could just take it a piece at a time. But when I'm playing my music this thursday I'll be thinking of you man.

Much Love too you all,
joe
--joe
HISPA #69
The Best Band in the WORLD!!!
The new full length album "See What You Can Find"

Load number 1 and 26 were the only two loads that Steve was not on when I jumped. It was probably the only loads if any I didn't smile on when I left the plane. He always made me smile even when I was to nervous to do anything else. In the short time I got to know him, I realize he was a great person. I'll miss you Steve
See ya'll Thursday
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Wow... it's been a surreal past 24 hours. When i left the DZ monday morning I was suprised not to see steve's car parked in front of the bus. About an hour later when i got to chapel hill i got a call from Marion with the bad news.
It's hard to think about steve and not have a smile on your face, but when i walked past his empty office today, everything arranged right where he'd left it, it really hit home that he was gone.
Steve really took me under his wing before i was even a licensed skydiver. He sold me my first rig when I only had 15 jumps, taught me everything I know about camera flying, and took me on many of my most memorable jumps. I'll never forget all the great times we had in the air and on the ground.
The first jump i did with Steve was my level 14 tracking jump. It was a beautiful sunny day with big puffy clouds. Up until that point i'd only done tandems and IAF's with Julian & Sara, who took things really seriously. After finishing the objective for the jump, we were still at 9K. Steve came streaking across the sky and took a dock on me with the biggest fucking smile on his face & we spent the last 20 seconds of the jump just falling down the edge of a big puffy cloud and grinning. Since then, every time somebody's said something about tracking, steve would look at me and say "Hey man, remember that tracking jump we did while you were a student...?"

Steve was the most enthuiastic skydiver that I've ever met. He loved the sport as much as all of the people in it, and we're damn sure going to miss him.

If anyone has any more pictures or video of Steve, please post them here or send them to me at [email protected]

B.S.B.D. [:/]
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I cant tell you guys how much this is killing me. It damn sure ant going to be the same. Marion im sorry about last night i got my wires crossed with some information and was told no one was going out so i didnt come. i will be there on thursday. For sure. I cant wait to celibrate the life steve had with us. but im not looking forward to the lose im going to feel without him being there. And i know everone is with me on that on as well. God this is just unreal.

Oh my God, this is horrible. Steve was the friendliest face on the whole DZ. I can't even picture him without a smile on his face. As a matter of fact it was about three weeks ago I saw him trip and fall on his knees during a landing as I was walking up the hill. He looked at me with the biggest smile on his face and just laughed out, "ohh well," and never broke stride. Thats just how steve was, a fun loving guy. Many of my most memorable skydives were also with steve he was always positive no matter what, there wasn't a negative bone in his body. I didn't know him very long but it's apparent that he was loved and admired by everyone at the DZ. We will all miss you tremendously steve, you were a great skydiver and an awesome coach. You want be forgotten. -blue skies

I would have to say I was fortunate enough to meet Steve in Lake Wales during collegiates. His face always had a smile on it and he was always willing to help. Steve was nice enough to do video for my friend and I when we did our pooh and tiger Disney costume jump. I will see what I have in pics from the other camera guy and post them. When you meet people like Steve at a boogie you always look forward to seeing them again the following year, it is sad to think that he wont be there around the fire! I send my thoughts to everyone who knew him, and he will be missed!

Hey MON lee here. I have piucs of that jump. Y0u can see that big grin of his in freefall. it really was cool jumping with him.. That bastard tripped me up on exit. He wanted to get there first to video you guys. I'll try and get pics for everyone..hey mon call me sean has my cell come to dublin:)

:( I will remember Steve the same way I have always known him, with a big smile on his face, a huge heart in his chest and an infectious laugh.
Now that he is gone the world will be a little colder without that heart, a little darker without that smile and a little quieter without his laugh.
Gods speed my friend.

Hey everybody,
I know that the thread has died since Steve's memorial service... and i know it's kinda hard to start a new happy conversation on the same page as all of our condolences, but lets really try to keep the thread going strong, as well as the social scene surrounding the DZ. It's what he would've wanted.

I hope everybody's week is off to a good start! I just got the pictures from the weekend developed. I have doubles if anyone wants a copy of anything, or you can order them straight from shutterfly. There are pics of lots of people! Elis, Dawn #2, Akos, Marion, Dawn #1, Lyman, Matt Cashett, Julie, Allison, Matt Norris, Yhevguine, Todd W, John the pilot, and a few others.

Enjoy and spread them around. Clicky!!!!!!!!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

I'm watching an old tape of Peter's, and in half of the videos, Steve or Chris are there. It sucks that we've lost two great guys in the last few months, but that's life.

On a happier note, marion and I have discussed doing a Fondue Freefly Friday one of these days if you're interested.

Plus we've got the Easter boogie coming up soon. Balloon jumps and maybe even night jumps, I've heard. That should be fun.

The weather was perfect today. I can't wait to jump again.

See you all this weekend.

Mike