base570

CSS anyone 2??

Hmm I am working Saturday so I'll see everyone at the front desk on Sunday :)

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

I was browsing my favorites list when I visited a site that i'm sure most of you visit often or may not, I don't know. This is what it said under a new advertisement for a tandoms:

"Gift certificates available – must be 18 or older and under 230 lbs."

Notice the limitations/standards for a tandom are 230lbs. Funny why don't they go into more detail. Like for instance is that the only limitation to do a tandom????? I'm quite sure it can't be. What about unporpotional bodies? Is there a length by width ratio you should fit in. Or is it if your a more heavy set girl you're not allowed to do a tandom BUT if your 4 ft 7 inches,89lbs. (if that) and are high or drunk (which ever one it was) you are clear to tandom. Basically the limitations are set so that tandom skydiving is safe for both the instructor and the student. I understand that but if you are going to deny students the oppurtunity to tandom then you need more specifics than just a weight limit, ESPecially if you are not going to honor your current weight limit limitation/standard and ESPecially if they are nowhere close to that standard. Also keep in mind that what you say to customers impacts them.;););)

Just needed to get that off my chest. Some of you have no idea what I'm talking about but I'm sure a couple of you know and agree with me on this one. Anyway I am done talking about the subject and taking up space posting about it.

Tess:P
and by the way, I never had an attititude about it although I had every right to have one if I had.
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Very well put Dawn! BTW, how are you feeling since the surgery? Hope everything went well.

Looking forward to jumping this weekend after a stressful week at work! Hope to see lots of people out there. I think there's only two weekends left to jump before they close. Am I right?
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

Tess,
this is probably not the right forum to address your "tandom" concerns, but I am going to do it anyway.

Basically, if I can adjust a passenger harness to safely and securely fit a passenger, then I will jump them. I have jumped tandEm passengers as small as 4'8" (about 90 pounds) and as large as 6'8" (and 275 pounds). The big guy was fit and I didn't have any problem correctly adjusting the harness to fit him. That said, I have had fat passengers show up who are right at the 230 "limit" some DZ's mandate who simply would not fit in the harness. Those fat people who I can fit safely in the harness often complain of discomfort during the canopy ride and, on rare occasions, even pass out under canopy due to their blood flow being cut off to their extremities. Ultimately, it's up to the individual tandem instructor (and the rules specified the gear manufacturers) whether or not larger people are going to get to jump. As I weigh only 155 pounds and have a ton of skydives (actually over two tons:ph34r:), I don't have any problem taking passengers larger than some of my more beefy co-workers do. That still doesn't guarantee that I am going to be able to accomodate people that simply will not fit into a harness.

Chuck Blue
D-12501
BMCI-4, AFF/SL/TM-I, PRO
Raeford Parachute Center

BUT if your 4 ft 7 inches,89lbs. (if that) and are high or drunk (which ever one it was) you are clear to tandom.

Well we know that if your high then your cleared to do a tandom. Just take a look at that girl from thanksgiving weekend.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

... clear to tandom.

... if your high then your cleared to do a tandom...

AAAAAAAAAAA!

tandEm
you+are=you're

:|

Dude, it was 12 o'clock after I worked from 8 in the morning til 11:30ish that night, YOU'RE lucky I had complete sentences in my post. So put away the red pen.

But thanks for the corrections

Tess
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Hey Case- I was just trying to get on Darin for misspelling stuff immediately following a post that corrected the same spelling mistake. :)
And you know Darin is going to quote the "I was just trying to get on Darin" part of that sentence. :D

(How's that for putting away the red pen? I started a sentence with a conjunction! :o)

AHEM - Since I GAVE Darin the title of Smart Marine, I believe I'm the only one who can take it away.

There's a lot more to being a Smart Marine than spelling and grammar (although I wish it would improve as well - use spell check, son!)

Darin has proved pretty good at math - see his post above about plane load economics (ignore the spelling.) And he's awesome in social situations; he's saved me from a personal faux pas or two. (A regular marine would get me INTO a faux pas; never save me from one. And a SF guy would just be socially inept and ignore the situation.)

So Darin - keep your "Smart Marine" title, and use it with pride.

Best,
Mom (D1)

p.s. Melissa - thanks for your well-wishes. Surg was quite more complicated than we originally thought, but I'm healing well and handling the pain well. Worst part is the loneliness of these long recovery days ...

So Darin - keep your "Smart Marine" title, and use it with pride.

Best,
Mom (D1)

reply]

:$ Thanks :) But I can only use it for about 6-8 more months. The Doc, (military term not a spelling issue) told me today that I have about 6 months left in the military. :ph34r: This is because my CT scan showed that I have a bulging disk in my L5 vertebrate. Which apperently they can't do anything about. (not that I would want them to) So I think it is just about time for me to start job hunting in Raleigh.

Does anyone know any rich women that I could just live off instead?

By the way without spell check it would have been a bulging ...... :$

Okay, Marion has confirmed it, Darin you have lost your title as the "smart Marine". But I still love you like the illegitimate son that I never wanted. ;) :P

Ok Guido or should I say Jay Lo. I'll start posting the Smart Marine Question of the Week just so I can prove myself to you. Sons should not have to prove themselves.

Anyway here it is..... This weeks question is about global overpopulation.............

Some scientists argue that achieving the goal of sustainability involves controlling the size of the world's population. Others believe the consumer-oriented lifestyle common to the developed nations is a larger problem. Yet a third group believes that our inattention to stewardship is the principal shortcoming. What are your thoughts and tell me why you believe this.

And your extra credit is to tell me how you think our consumer-oriented lifestyle ties in with social status.

Eat that DAD............ B|

And I want an answer guido by midnight wed.

Yes the cooler missed me. Thank god you never found the camera and extra long tape.

Oh the footage I have now. :o Makes Eric's E-bay purchase look like Time Magazine. ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Thank god you never found the camera and extra long tape.

As long as we split the profits...
:)

All profits go to Charity...

or at least that's what her name is at the club. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Check out this video of possibly the coolest christmas lights ever! Do you thin Paul would let us set up something like this at the DZ?;)

Followe link and click on watch video. This is really cool!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/12/09/eveningnews/main1115306.shtml?CMP=ILC-SearchStories

Otherwise just go to CBS.com and search for "christmas lights"
Keith
"Jump to Live!"

I'll start posting the Smart Marine Question of the Week just so I can prove myself to you.

Ummm... I fail to see how posing a question to ME proves YOUR intellect?? However, if you need me to help you with your homework, don't hesitate to ask. ;):P

Done with work till the new year, all this free time to jump, and such icky weather!! What a pisser!

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Okay, Marion has confirmed it, Darin you have lost your title as the "smart Marine". But I still love you like the illegitimate son that I never wanted. ;) :P

Ok Guido or should I say Jay Lo. I'll start posting the Smart Marine Question of the Week just so I can prove myself to you. Sons should not have to prove themselves.***

I'd just like to point out that Giudo is working 12 + hours a day all week with his studs, (sometimes in the pouring rain,) plus was taking good care of this invalid when he got home at night (thanks, baby :)
Guido is smart, strong, conscientious and caring. I'd put him up against any of y'all any day of the week, and I'm proud to say that he and I are friends, and I love him.

I know these father/son struggles are just a part of growing up ... but the faster you can get that out of the way and start learning from each other, the quicker we can really bring it on and start to grow. Maybe instead of posing these queries on the DZ forum, you should spend more time together around the DZ bonfire.

Love,
"Mom"
p.s. but I'm still proud of your questions, son.

Thanks to everyone for coming out for Dawn's birthday dinner! Man that cake was RICH! For those who didn't know, I had to keep it on the down-low till the day before it was happening.

Thanks for the hospitality Melissa and Keith, you have a nice house and some cool dogs!

Thanks also Melissa for the shoe store recomendation, she got (I bought) 2 pairs, a purse, and some more Burt Bee's.

Ciao,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Well, it's like Steve said: "Women don't have birthdays. But, sometimes, they DO have Special Days."
Guido, you made my special day practically a 3-day event - I have NO idea how you did all that, but it was awesome - thank you, my friend.

Thanks (maybe) to Randy for the peaches.

Many thanks to Janine for the Xtra T&T, and for the next morning - BEST homemade biscuits and sausage gravy I've EVER had in my ## years - YUM. And thanks to Outerfocker - definitely the hostess w/the mostest. Thanks, Melissa and Keith. (Son, your eggs didn't suck, either.)

Spent my special night at a comedy show in a little black dress getting pampered down in Fayetteville .... the coolest part is that we were seated up front next to a table of these OLD Airborne Rangers who were veterans of the Korean War. Yeah, they were honored .... and also teased unmercifully - brutally - sickly - and they all got into it, wives and all. That was too cool!

Happy holidays everyone - take care of yourselves - and each other! and be good.

Love,
D