base570

CSS anyone 2??

OK, Eric reports that the portentious meeting between Tippy & Hank went well today - yes :)B|.

John - HUGE congratulations on your 100th ... and what an appropriate zoo load it was. It's great having you as part of our family; you've been an awesome addition to CSS. (Just remember the "no re-pie'ing" rule, and I won't have to hurt you ;).)

Tess - will be SO GOOD to see you again - I miss you!

Cynthia - ditto!

Good chance I'll be at the Black & Gold packing this Sat and Sun, but I'll see all of you jokers next weekend.

Joey dropped off his gear for a repack today, and is having me build him a new pud ... so hopefully he'll be jumping at CSS again soon - right on!

Best,
D1

^Tippy (name to be changed... consult Marion) is a very sweet pup. I think that she'll fit in very well at the DZ.... and she & Charlie would make a cute couple ;)

I heard about Joey losing his canopy in Chester. That's a really tough break... but I think he needed a good excuse to buy a new Dedalius :S

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Rumor has it that Paul is going to buy a PAC-750!!!!!!... That's right, a brand-spankin'-new purpose built skydiving airplane. Word has it that they're pretty comfy and fast! We will have one as our primary airplane all next week, so come and check it out!!!
It's got a 750hp dash34& it'll get 17 jumpers to altitude in ~14 minutes on only 11gal. of gas!
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

The guys from Raeford are flying the PAC-750 at B/G meet this weekend, it's not bad, nice and new...for the moment.

They are putting 14 in it and I don't know if I'd want to try to put 17 in there. It has 2 benches the length of the plane that they put 5 on each, then 4 on the floor by the door in the rear. It has MINIMAL runway needed for takeoff, I didn't time it to altitude.

Off to the meet.

Hugs,
G

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

"Tippy" (still working on the name...) and Hank got along pretty well. She's still a little socially awkward and is learning that she can't just run up to a stranger and start playing. She came on pretty strong with Hank, but he humped her head and that pretty much settled who was calling the shots. :D

She's great- I can't wait for her to meet everybody next weekend.

Thanks all for the lovely phone messages that you left me................ NOT...........

By the fast Fockers I jumped your plane this weekend...... The Focker.....

Awesome two door plane, flys a little fast so you get quite a blast from the prop on exit but still fun.

Guido..... hope I earned my allowance for the week.....:P

See everyone next weekend B|

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Darin - I'm sure you knew this but in case not, for your log book, it's spelled Fokker. It is a "hoot" to jump out of, just wish they could close the doors up to altitude... BRRRR!!!

Was nice having you, yes, you were a good guest, you are welcome any time, and you get your allowance young man. :P

Marion - since I'm typing here, I'll give you some insight into Darin's archaic message, he recieved SEVERAL phone calls this weekend. Mostly drunk CSS'ers. Mr. popular!

And since several people know, I guess I should be the first to put it in print, I hit a deer Fri night/Sat morning and had some damage done to my baby, the adjusters will be coming to look at it in the next 24/48 hrs, but it SHOULD be covered. I'm okay, just some front end damage. Interesting that it didn't deploy the air bags, but that's a GOOD thing, I hate those things any way.

There were some CSS'ers at the B/G meet, was nice to see some friendly faces. Saw some old military friends from different places as well. A good time was had by all. B|

And I would like to publically thank Dawn for helping me this weekend with my incident, (at 4 in the morning!!) for those that didn't know, she came to my rescue and babysat me this weekend, so that's where she was. I LOVE THIS WOMAN! She rocks!!! B|:)
I did some introductions for her at B/G meet so she could make some money pakcing and make some contacts as well, so we might get some more folks jumping at CSS, or just coming to see her. ;):P

Ciao,
Guido

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

That's what friends are for, silly! I love you back.

Was great meeting a bunch of new people this weekend, and it sounds like we'll definitely have some new faces from different DZs at Thanksgiving - cool! (Some of whose gear I already know I need to work on ... :S)

For those of you who know & miss Drew Scheuermann, he was there and is doing well. He's in GA for the time being, but will soon be going back to "a sandy place," i.e. "the desert" again. He says "hey" to everyone.

Best,
D1

Wow, the keys boogie was totally awesome and yet I cant wait to come up to the cold north for some sweet loving from GOOD people! :)

I learned alot in the Keys, oh nothing to do with skydiving (well except for the constant learning of jumping with different people), ... apparently Dave's stomach is different than his rectum!
Note to all CSSers::
that is now a "daveism" and can be used how ever you wish.
Example: Dave says something not quite right; (to Dave) "Apparently your mouth is different than your rectum."

Ok, so enjoy and see you all (hopefully) next weekend.
And Thank you SO very much Marion for looking in on Luna!! <3!

--Cynci
~ Cyn
--going nowhere at lightening speed!--

ok you have to play this little skydiving flash game with the sound on

http://www.spaceplant.com/games/skydiver/

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

I only 9 because I did not get out there till friday night.....:(

Reason being I kinda had 3 dates to the Marine Corps Birthday ball, and we went to a club afterwards...... yea good night. :)

Marion I can add more girls to my harem now I think its up to 8 now.... and the really bad thing is I called Merideth Melisa at the ball.....

Sorry keith your wife is not in my harem but with all the M's at the dropzone I got a little confused. Luckly she did not hear it so I was not in the dog house. Yea it was a good night lots of fun and drinking.........

Marion,

Your little puppy is so adorable! I hope everything is going well as she is adjusting to her new owner and new home. I hope to see her out at the DZ for the Thanksgiving boogie! We'll have to arrange a play date with our puppies!

: )
Melissa
~ Melissa ~
"Life is too short to walk the same cautious path as everyone else."

Okay . . . did not see the new quote until today! :PGlad my first concert is over and done with. Standing O y'all!

Hope many of you can join me for my 200th over the boogie! It will be a blast! I can't believe I was only at 27 in March! CSS rocks! Thank you to everyone. I hope you have a terrific rest of the week. Not sure if Keith and I will make it out this weekend. We're both pursuing new career opts. Hope to see everyone soon!

P.S. Thank you to Eric, Szabi, Tony, Matt, Mike I., and Todd for some rockin' FF jumps this weekend! Landing in the corn field was the icing on the cake! Shari has the husk to prove it! See ya soon!
~ Melissa ~

Hey M don't forget we should try and do your 200th and my 100th at the boogie B|

We need to think of something cool........ PM me if you have any Ideas

I could funnel a hybrid for ya. It's a service I provide only on special occasion jumps. (For people who weren't around last fall when I did my 500th, do a skydivingmovies.com search for Marion. It's funny.)

And Darin- Congrats on the growing harem. Just try to remember their names from now on. :D

Melissa- the puppy isn't here yet. I'm picking her up tomorrow! Huge thanks to Eric who stayed up really late with me last night hanging curtains and shelves and rearranging all my junk so it doesn't get chewed up. :)

Bahh, anyone can funnel a hybrid once on a dive. I did it twice on my 600th. ;)

I may be there next weekend. I'd bring more Thanksgivng goodies, but I seemed to have misplaced my cooler. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hey! The last hybrid I was on with you was funneled by pessimistic Dave. Remember!?

A hybrid would be fun, although I'd rather be hanging than on the belly side of things. The dark side is taking over!

Good luck with the new puppy. Eric was very nice to help you rearrange your place! Way to think in advance!
~ Melissa ~

Bahh, anyone can funnel a hybrid once on a dive. I did it twice on my 600th. ;)

Yeah, well .... you're just kinda special Randy, aren't ya? :P

Come see us - you don't need no stinkin cooler! (Can you believe Marion still has yours from a year ago? Now THAT'S friendship :)
-D1

Dude! your name is Randy!?? :D:D I just dont see it, Bolas. You are totally a Bolas to me. ;)

Woohoo! Bolas might come to CSS for Thanksgiving! Yay! We can get our Flock on! ;):D
-I know you are just coming to see me again. ;):P
It was so cool to get to hang out with you again in the keys. Your girlfriend is really nice. :)
-Cynci
~ Cyn
--going nowhere at lightening speed!--

A hybrid would be fun, although I'd rather be hanging than on the belly side of things. The dark side is taking over!reply]

watch yourself you heading in dark territory. Guess I'll have to show up alot more now so we can do more kick a** belly jumps.
--------------TaiL FocKeR OuT-----------------

Yeah, you should be around more girl! The light . . . is getting dimmer . . .

When are you going to be jumping over the boogie? The Fockers need some practice! Well I guess just the Tail Focker :P. . . JK! Miss ya tons! Come out soon!
~ Melissa ~