moth

best dz in UK????

everyone will tell you their DZ is best. You are better off looking in the Dropzones section here and reading the reviews people have written, it will give you an idea of the types of jumping there is at each one. Some are more FS oriented, others more FF, another has lots of birdmen (not really that applicable if you have only just qualified).

Also, think about where they are, although I know people from London who go to Nethers, Langar, Hibalstow, Weston, Hinton and Headcorn - so it all depends on how far you want to drive!

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

Ah I work in Leatherhead, not too far away. Why don't you join the London skydivers list I think Reading will qualify. They all meet up for drinks every so often in London funnily enough and show off their skydiving vids (apparently, I haven't managed to make a meet yet!).

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/londonskydivers/join
**Moggie Gifts**

I'm just down the road in Bracknell. I haven't jumped around the local area too much yet, but I've heard Redlands (Swindon) is under new ownership and is getting an Islander. That should only be a 25 min drive for you. Otherwise there's the more well established centres that everyone has mentioned already, but I've found that at those centres trying to get on a decent number of lifts a day is a challenge!

Easy.....Its Hibaldstow.
Dornier G92's....15K in under 15mins and 15 K on just about all loads....
Super friendly people......cheap alti tickets ...load organising.....very progressive.....clean/tidy/cheap/bunkhouse and bar and great parties....
Your 'summer' jump numbers are only limited by how much you want to jump and how quickly you can pack....
I live in London too and think a long drive up North is always well worth it for what ya get.....

Give it a rest Nigel! I was merely enquiring whether Moth still lived in the Reading area. I don't jump at the moment (as you already know.... but have probably forgotten..... though you probably don't realise who you are speaking to:ph34r:) When I do start jumping again I'll make sure to head to Weston for a jump so long as you promise to stop banging on about what a great place it is ;) Deal?

LANGAR is by far the best dropzone in U.K and one of the best skydiving centers in The world.
The only problem really with this skydiving center is the strange British weather, but if you really like jumping sometimes through the clouds then LANGAR is simply the BEST.
Personally I love jump through the cloudsB|.

In Langar you will find some of the 1) BEST AFF,Tandem, FS instructors-coach-organizers not in U.K, but in the WORLD.
2) Best and most reliable skydiving aircrafts.
Skyvan, Beech99, helicopters on boogies.
3) BEST pilots.
4) Best packers with 10000ands of pack jobs.
5) Best Riggers, skydiving shop available, with everything you need.
6) Free coaching in FS,CRW,FF,skysurfing,wingsuit etc
7) Some of the best prices in U.K and slightly more expensive jumptickets than France and Spain......but this is acceptable through Langar is one of few full time skydiving centers in U.k and must be cope with the strange (not bad) British weather during winter.
Winter only, from March until November, the people at Langar jump practically every day.
Then again accommodation in bunkhouse is nearly free and Bar and cafe shop is the cheapest you can find when in France and Spain you must pay a lot more for accommodation.
You must pay for coaching as well and you must pay your airtickets so at the end you pay much more for your jumps ( even in France and Spain jumptickets are 2-5 euros cheaper than Langar).
And I forget, Jump tickets in Friday are just £15 or 22 euros,maybe the cheapest you can find in European Union.
8) All jumps from at least 13,000ft but normally are from 14,000-15,000ft.
9) Midweek even with 5 jumpers in the Dropzone, the Caravan goes up, you can easily make 10+jumps per day if you have the money, and there are a few more people in the dropzone.
By the way, with 5-7 people on board, Caravan goes to 15,000ft at no time at all :o.
10) Not mandatory AAD if you are B certificate and above.
11) Welcome all students, for other drop zones or from USA, Spain,France etc.
12) Incredible landing area
13) No other air-activities in the area
14) No restrictions in altitude, higher than normal jumps can be organized any time and this is one reason Langar is the Home of British formation record Brit-100.
15) Best safety record for a so busy dropzone.....top safety, instructors and ground personnel check jumpers all the time.
16) Friendly people around.

I don't know if you have any problem to travel from London to Langar ( about 2 hours with car or 3 hours with bus to Nottingham)...but personally I travel from Brighton ( with bus 7 hours travel) and still I don't even think to go to any other dropzone in U.k or Europe..........

Good Luck

LANGAR is by far the best dropzone in U.K and one of the best skydiving centers in The world.
The only problem really with this skydiving center is the strange British weather, but if you really like jumping sometimes through the clouds then LANGAR is simply the BEST.
Personally I love jump through the clouds.

In Langar you will find some of the 1) BEST AFF,Tandem, FS instructors-coach-organizers not in U.K, but in the WORLD.
2) Best and most reliable skydiving aircrafts.
Skyvan, Beech99, helicopters on boogies.
3) BEST pilots.
4) Best packers with 10000ands of pack jobs.
5) Best Riggers, skydiving shop available, with everything you need.
6) Free coaching in FS,CRW,FF,skysurfing,wingsuit etc
7) Some of the best prices in U.K and slightly more expensive jumptickets than France and Spain......but this is acceptable through Langar is one of few full time skydiving centers in U.k and must be cope with the strange (not bad) British weather during winter.
Winter only, from March until November, the people at Langar jump practically every day.
Then again accommodation in bunkhouse is nearly free and Bar and cafe shop is the cheapest you can find when in France and Spain you must pay a lot more for accommodation.
You must pay for coaching as well and you must pay your airtickets so at the end you pay much more for your jumps ( even in France and Spain jumptickets are 2-5 euros cheaper than Langar).
And I forget, Jump tickets in Friday are just £15 or 22 euros,maybe the cheapest you can find in European Union.
8) All jumps from at least 13,000ft but normally are from 14,000-15,000ft.
9) Midweek even with 5 jumpers in the Dropzone, the Caravan goes up, you can easily make 10+jumps per day if you have the money, and there are a few more people in the dropzone.
By the way, with 5-7 people on board, Caravan goes to 15,000ft at no time at all .
10) Not mandatory AAD if you are B certificate and above.
11) Welcome all students, for other drop zones or from USA, Spain,France etc.
12) Incredible landing area
13) No other air-activities in the area
14) No restrictions in altitude, higher than normal jumps can be organized any time and this is one reason Langar is the Home of British formation record Brit-100.
15) Best safety record for a so busy dropzone.....top safety, instructors and ground personnel check jumpers all the time.
16) Friendly people around.

I don't know if you have any problem to travel from London to Langar ( about 2 hours with car or 3 hours with bus to Nottingham)...but personally I travel from Brighton ( with bus 7 hours travel) and still I don't even think to go to any other dropzone in U.k or Europe..........

17) too many rules.... The bpa sucks ass!!! they charge soooo much money and they are too stingy to pay for the british teams to go to the world meet.

where does all the money go?:P
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

LANGAR is by far the best dropzone in U.K and one of the best skydiving centers in The world

Umm, i like langar but saying one of the best dropzones in the world is a long shot.:S

Makes me wonder if you have been to perris, eloy, skydive chicago, empuri etc....

Langar has a good social scene but one of the best dropzones in the world is a long shot. Langar has very long grass, shitty accommodation, shitty food, no shaded areas outside.

I think Langar is the best dz i have visited in the UK but Langar does not compare to the best dropzones in the world.

To be a good dropzone the first thing to do is cut the grass. Then have good facilities.

.Karnage Krew Gear Store