bendywendy

Keys Boogie Approval

Yeehaa!! I'm in the keys and the sombrero has wireless. I'm just sending out a quick one because I've still got so much to do... so little time...

Anyways - it's gorgeous out right now although a bit windy - my room is sweet - I've got a nice view of the pool out the front door and I can see the marina from the back porch.

The fridge is just waiting to be filled with the jello shots we'll be making for Saturday night.

is it too late to register? what airport is it at ? what aircraft will be flown? im sure all of this information is posted somewhere, a point in the right direction would be helpful... i will drive solo fri night from jax ...

She said you could register at the boogie, don't forget to bring floatation gear. I don't know the name of the airport off hand, i'm sure you'll find it in the thread. It is my understanding that you can't miss it on Marathon Key right on us1. I know there will be heli jumps, the skyvan and I believe an otter as well (super i'm guessing). Damn, that's a long drive, but i'm sure it'll be worth it! :D

I'm TOO excited! I have to stop thinking about it or it'll never get here!

-A

I was trying to call you guys all day - the phone just rings & rings - no answering machine...

do you have a certified fire extinguisher? The fire marshall is insisting that we have one sitting out by your grill!

If you don't I'm sure we can track one down out here somewhere but if you've got it, bring it.

People are already arriving. We've pretty much already taken over the top floor of the condo building at the Sombrero.

The helicopter is coming in tonight! I didn't think it would be here until Saturday but they are only about 15 minutes away. I was so hoping for an early night to prepare for the rest of the week!

Melibe and I are both leaving after work tonight so should roll in around 10 or 11......and I don't know about her, but I'll be crashing so I am bright eyes and bushy tailed for Friday. I am going to jump like a mo-funky Friday and Saturday just incase the forecast is correct and we get wind and rain Sunday. Damn Florida Fronts! Get your boogie pants on.......this is going to be FU-UUUN!

See everyone soon.................

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Just got back tonight. Wow, did they have a great day for jumping today! Steady breeze, two great jump planes and a helicopter to boot!

I went mostly to hook up with Scotty Carbone whom I hadn't seen in about 26 years! He was there and gave me the biggest bear hug, Tammi too though I'd never met her. So great to see him alive and with a great girl too! My wife and I had maybe the best hamburgers we've ever had (but don't tell Scotty that)...

Carl Daugherty was also there, hadn't seen him in as long, so bonus number 1! Then ran into Roger Ponze (not sure of the spelling), jumped with him around 77 (that's 1977 to you younger jumpers :)..) at Z-hills. Bonus number 2!

Met many other jumpers while I was there too. One thing that hasn't changed over the years, jumpers are good people!

Took some good shots I think and even ventured out to the landing area and shot some landings. I'll post my stuff as soon as I scan it in.

Wow, great to see the jumpers and jumping up close again. Almost makes me want to re-join the fun.

When we left today, the beach loads were just taking off. I'm sure everyone had a great jump into a wonderful beach to cap off the day!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519

I just pulled in home, it's 8:46 pm Sunday night and I am still smiling - ended the boogie on a great note....but there were so many other great notes in between. Weather was amazing, even today with the winds we had to deal with. Saw TONS of friends, made some new ones (who I hope find ways to get in touch since I didn't get any numbers or emails :P). Made 17 jumps: some good flying, some not so great flying but all tons of fun.....

Memorable moments - had two of them....one being my first attempt at a beach swoop where I actually tiptoed in the water.... ok fine - I was knee deep in the water but I did NOT biff in ANDDDDD I saved the canopy. The ROAR of the crowd was worth it all! Gotta learn sometime, somehow - why not the Keys, right?

Second being my AMAZING last jump of the day, thanks to Harry Parker. I got a KICK ass ride in the chopper, scoped out the beach for some pictures, flew tree top, raced along a few little canals and then stepped off the rails into some of the sweetest air ever and landed safely ending yet another successful event. It was the PERFECT ending to an amazing weekend.

Wendy and the entire Sebastian crew once again, made on hell of an event. Can't thank them enough for all there hard work......if you missed it, the video will surely have you booking your slot next year.

Hugs to all.....until we cross the loading area again...

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

Lets see here... I did my FIRST :

Beach jumps (ROCKED!!)
Tandem jump (I got all dizzy, but it was fun and gorgeous up there!)
Helicopter jump (the feeling is amazing)
Solid 5 second + sitfly dock (YAY!!)

Definitely a boogie to remember!! Funny, Saturday night I could barely give beer away to skydivers, sheesh... musta been that Absolute Mandarin that people wanted, not plain ol' beer. We were in bed by 10pm, don't drink and benedryl!

Thanks to all who made it possible, had a great time and great jumps!

-A

All I can say is WOW! this boogie was great everybody was super cool, Wendy and the crew did a super job organizining and keeping loads flying THANKS to the packers who ALWAYS had my rig ready so I could get back in the air. I had a blast! Seeing the photo I shot on in the Miami Herold was cool too. I'll be back next year

All I can say is WOW! this boogie was great everybody was super cool, Wendy and the crew did a super job organizining and keeping loads flying THANKS to the packers who ALWAYS had my rig ready so I could get back in the air. I had a blast! was cool too. I'll be back next year

what day was it in the paper?
Life is easy. You make choice's and you never look back..

What a great Boogie. Just want to give thanks to all the Cross Key's and Skydive Sebastian staff for putting it together.

Good organizers, good jumps, some awesome beach swoops, great parties, and a Mr. Bill attempt that would have been successful except for the 5 line twists. :)
Anybody out there have Alejandro's e-mail? PM it to me.

When yodka is lost, there is punishment...
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Thanks to everyone who came and made this boogie such a success this year!!

I'm digging out from under paperwork back in Sebastian right now. As soon as I'm caught up I'll post pictures. Of course, most of mine are party pictures. Anyone get any of Will & I playing with the fire on the Porky's wagon?

Thank you again and I hope you all stop by and see us in Sebastian too. It isn't quite the Keys but it's about as close as you can get for a view around here.

Thanks to everyone who came and made this boogie such a success this year!!

I'm digging out from under paperwork back in Sebastian right now. As soon as I'm caught up I'll post pictures. Of course, most of mine are party pictures. Anyone get any of Will & I playing with the fire on the Porky's wagon?

Thank you again and I hope you all stop by and see us in Sebastian too. It isn't quite the Keys but it's about as close as you can get for a view around here.

I should have made it a priority to meet you Wendy, after hanging out in this thread and going to the boogie, I feel like I know you.

I met a lot of very happy skydivers at the boogie, seems like a well planned, well organized event to me. Well done!

-----------------------
Roger "Ramjet" Clark
FB# 271, SCR 3245, SCS 1519