bendywendy

Keys Boogie Approval

Finally!!! Just got it in the mail! :)
We'll have a registration form up on our website soon and additional info. It's been very hard to plan since every time you turn around they've evacuated the keys this season. And looking at weather it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon!:S

Finally!!! Just got it in the mail! :)
We'll have a registration form up on our website soon and additional info. It's been very hard to plan since every time you turn around they've evacuated the keys this season. And looking at weather it doesn't seem to be letting up anytime soon!:S

Cool! Let us know more soon. :)

The most important reason we have a minimum on the license for this boogie is because of the landing area. There is a good sized area to land in but next to no outs whatsoever! It's pretty amazing from the air to look down and see this narrow little island that you are landing on but because of this you really need to be accurate with your landings.

We used to make it a C license with a minimum of 200 jumps but since they raised the requirements for a C we don't have to make that specification anymore.

Sorry, get out and make those jumps - you've got plenty of time!!

I'm not even close to the accuracy requirements (need 25 within 2m, I have like 5) and I'm an honest boy, so I won't be getting the license until I nail all those landings...

You jump in Deland a lot, now would be a great time to take Scott Miller's class before the boogie starts! He helped me sooo much with my accuracy because I was like you, I didn't want to get my D license without nailing the accuracy requirements for real. And, I saw the landing area when I was in the Keys a few months ago. The C license requirement is definitely for your protection, Wendy isn't lying about not having any outs!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You jump in Deland a lot, now would be a great time to take Scott Miller's class before the boogie starts! He helped me sooo much with my accuracy because I was like you, I didn't want to get my D license without nailing the accuracy requirements for real. And, I saw the landing area when I was in the Keys a few months ago. The C license requirement is definitely for your protection, Wendy isn't lying about not having any outs!

Thanks for the advice... I actually took the class many months ago. I think my biggest problem is currency (3 month layoff then ~20 jumps over the next 3 months), and the fact that the last few times I've jumped at DeLand the winds were varying like crazy which makes it hard to nail a target. Saturday I aimed for the small peas (I'm estimating 4m diameter, so perfect for C license) on 5 jumps in a row. I only hit them on one, on the rest I was anywhere from 5-25m away, it was just so hard to be consistent with the wind varying from almost nothing to close to 20mph on subsequent jumps. :( It was also a LOT of fun when a gust shut down some of my end cells at 40ft or so, which reopened just in time for a flare.

It also doesn't help that before my injury/layoff I was jumping a different DZ every weekend so I never had a familiar pattern / sight picture. I'm gonna try to stay exclusive to DeLand for a while...

All I can do is keep practicing...
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Good idea to keep practicing!

This is just a guess because I've never jumped at the Keys Boogie, but I would think there's going to be a lot of varying winds down there because of the ocean breezes. Good thing to get practicing on that now while you can!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

EEEK!! You can stay at the Holiday Inn. The rooms were fine but I wasn't happy with the management. How dare they try to shut down the DJ before he even started to spin.

We are going to invade the Coconut Cay this year for the most part although I think that The Island - the restaurant across the street from the Holiday Inn - will still be seeing more than they want of us! Actually, they were really good natured with us. I don't think they threw out anyone! Not even sickwill!!

oooohhh!! thanks for the clicky thingy mabob;).

Coconut Cay has nice areas to hang out in if we want to do our own thing but we also found a pretty nice bar down the street (near the Holiday Inn) that we kind of dominated last year. I'm sure we'll be spending a few evenings there.

I'm making a run down there in the next week or two (between hurricane evacuations) to try to solidify the party plans.B|

Whoop! I'm hoping I can make it this year, it sounds like a blast. Let us know when the details are finalized.

-R

oooohhh!! thanks for the clicky thingy mabob;).

Coconut Cay has nice areas to hang out in if we want to do our own thing but we also found a pretty nice bar down the street (near the Holiday Inn) that we kind of dominated last year. I'm sure we'll be spending a few evenings there.

I'm making a run down there in the next week or two (between hurricane evacuations) to try to solidify the party plans.B|

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE

Yes, we are ok - you can read all about the damage in the other thread in the Bonfire but we are going to be open this Saturday with or without electricity.

The Keys Boogie is completely unaffected by the last couple storms since it missed them and slapped us in the face instead.

The registrations are starting to roll in so get them in as soon as possible and get your rooms too!

Coconut Cay or Holiday Inn - the Holiday Inn has been telling people that they are working with us on prices but that we haven't finalized it yet. That's because I haven't been able to fax them back the damn paper yet. As soon as I get power and phone line I will do that. I've asked them to just take the reservations at the price but they are being twits - can't think outside the box - got to have that signed paper in their hot little hands...

The registrations are rolling in! There are a lot of people though who spoke to me personally about coming that I haven't seen your registrations yet. Don't wait to last minute - there is a limited number of slots available.

I don't know about the rest of you but after the last two months in Florida battling hurricanes I need a vacation - even if it is a working one.

If you haven't jumped at Marathon Key - you don't know what you are missing. Maybe I'll have to dig out some of those pictures...

I don't know about the rest of you but after the last two months in Florida battling hurricanes I need a vacation - even if it is a working one.

No kidding people the Keys Boogie is by far our FAV BOOGIE. We look forward to it ALL YEAR! Wendy and Skydive Sebaz do a kick ass job putting this together.
Scotty and I will be there with bells on cooking and doing eww-ahh jumps (visuals from altitude are awesome and the beach jumps RULE)!!! ;)

Yay! I just sent the letter with our registration forms and money in it. I'm stoked and can't wait to see everyone there! We also are in desparate need to blow off some steam from all those missed weekends.

More Yay!

-R

The registrations are rolling in! There are a lot of people though who spoke to me personally about coming that I haven't seen your registrations yet. Don't wait to last minute - there is a limited number of slots available.

If you haven't jumped at Marathon Key - you don't know what you are missing. Maybe I'll have to dig out some of those pictures...

You be the king and I'll overthrow your government. --KRS-ONE