tspillers

5th AOTMB

Any word on hotel discounts yet? Which hotels are the closest, besides the Brazos Inn? I've read that place has gone downhill a bit since the last time I was there...

Thanks!
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

This is the e-mail that Kathy sent out. She also said to e-mail her and let her know if you stayed at one of the hotels, so she can have an accurate count of folks using the discount. If we have a lot of folks, then we'll have numbers to take to other hotels in town to get discounts.

Discounted hotel accommodations are available at the Historic La Salle Hotel on South Main in downtown Bryan, less than 10 minutes away from Coulter Field. The AOTMB reserved rate is $65.00 per night (plus tax) for a Queen, Double, or King (No pets allowed). To reserve rooms, contact the La Salle Hotel at 979-822-2000 and request the AOTMB special rate. This special rate will only be guaranteed for reservations made on or before September 17, 2004! (However, the La Salle Hotel has agreed to honor the rate through the AOTMB as long as they have rooms available.)

Discounted hotel accommodations are also available at the Brazos Inn just two miles from the DZ. The rooms that are reserved contain two full size beds in each. The AOTMB rate is $45.00 per night (plus tax) for a single or double. To reserve rooms, contact the Brazos Inn at 979-779-0020 and request the “Memorial Boogie Skydiver” special rate or refer to reservation #237405. This special rate will only be available for reservations made on or before September 15, 2004!

Individuals wanting to sleep/camp at the DZ are welcome to do so. Please be careful not to set up too close to any taxiway or activity area. There are NO electrical hookups available for RV’s, but you are welcome to park your RV in the regular parking area and run it on battery or generator power.

B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Email went out this week to the AOTMB listserv. If you didn't get it, go to www.skydiveaggieland.com and select the subscribe to AOTMB list.

The Brazos Inn was chosen because that is what everyone asks for. It isn't the best place but it is cheap. Also the La Salle has a discount for us. You know, here is a copy of the email:

Friday, September 10, is the LAST day for Early Registration! Your Early Registration Form must be received or postmarked on/by September 10 in order to receive our discounted rates!

DISCOUNTED Accomodations ARE AVAILABLE!!

Discounted hotel accommodations are available at the Historic La Salle Hotel on South Main in downtown Bryan, less than 10 minutes away from Coulter Field. The AOTMB reserved rate is $65.00 per night (plus tax) for a Queen, Double, or King (No pets allowed). To reserve rooms, contact the La Salle Hotel at 979-822-2000 and request the AOTMB special rate. This special rate will only be guaranteed for reservations made on or before September 17, 2004! (However, the La Salle Hotel has agreed to honor the rate through the AOTMB as long as they have rooms available.)

Discounted hotel accommodations are also available at the Brazos Inn just two miles from the DZ. The rooms that are reserved contain two full size beds in each. The AOTMB rate is $45.00 per night (plus tax) for a single or double. To reserve rooms, contact the Brazos Inn at 979-779-0020 and request the “Memorial Boogie Skydiver” special rate or refer to reservation #237405. This special rate will only be available for reservations made on or before September 15, 2004!

Individuals wanting to sleep/camp at the DZ are welcome to do so. Please be careful not to set up too close to any taxiway or activity area. There are NO electrical hookups available for RV’s, but you are welcome to park your RV in the regular parking area and run it on battery or generator power.

Please Note: In order to help us plan for next year’s AOTMB, please email [email protected] and let me know if you take advantage of either of the discounted rates above! Thanks!!

Blue Skies,

Kathy M. Spillers

[email protected]

Skydive Aggieland, Inc.

6104 East Highway 21

Suite 21

Bryan, Texas 77808

979-778-JUMP

866-SWOOP-IN

979-778-5993 (Fax)

www.skydiveaggieland.com

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.

We've got a garden hose. Unfotunately the city has been dragging their feet and kinda making like hard for anyone wanting to add facilities on the airport (we're not the only ones that want to).

Tell you what, I'll bring my 1/2 shelter, you bring yours...:P

j/k

Honestly, though, feel free to camp, I'm sure that one of the hotel types would let you use their shower if you asked. You could use mine, but my shower is 15 minutes away from the airport...too bad my couches and floor space has already been claimed or you could have it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Sad news on one side good on the other!
Just found out I am not going to TX now. It will be three others from my team,
however I am going to take a road trip to go hang out with one of the coolest individuals I have ever met!
:)
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

I'm still working on the ex but it doens't look good right now

You could just leave them at the dropzone for the weekend -- I'm sure they'd like to learn how to pack, and I just know that everyone would take care of them :)

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

YO what is up!

I just bought my plane tickets and will be getting in to Easterwood on Friday evening just in time for the party! I can't wait to get some kick ass freefly in and swooping. Dave....any word on a swooping comp or course? You know I'm always in for some fast flyin! Peace and can't wait to see and meet everybody!

A-RON
FFL

I understand that tent campers are welcome on the airport.

Do you have a shower facility in the terminal that can be used by skydivers? Or a garden hose?

I'd like to visit, but I want to do it cheeeap.

I understand that while camping on the airport is okay, there are no shower facilities there. Blech!

FYI, I've located a private campground, just a few miles from the airport, north on Hwy 6. It's called Primrose Lane RV park, with some tent camping sites, and showers. The address is 2929 Stevens Dr., and the phone is 979-822-5817. Tent sites with electricity are $15 per night, and without is $10.

Anyone wanting to do this boogie while camping, may want to consider this as a possibility.

I'll be there!

Here is the forecast for the AOTMB:

Friday 9/24
Mostly sunny and warm
High 92° F / RF 93° F, RF Shade 91° F. Low 68° F / RF 70° F. Max. UV 7.

Saturday 9/25
Partly sunny and warm
High 93° F / RF 93° F, RF Shade 92° F. Low 69° F / RF 71° F. Max. UV 7.

Sunday 9/26
Humid with times of clouds and sun
High 89° F / RF 90° F, RF Shade 89° F. Low 66° F / RF 69° F. Max. UV 5.

I am not totally useless, I can be used as a bad example.