LukeDuke

Hate tho's faggy(pink) dz student suits they make me wear.

ok this is my first time to post. Here is my problem I'm a student looking to buy a suit of my own, because I hate the ones they offer at my dropzone. I'm very new to the sport, but I think I would really like freeflying. ok to the question: if I buy a freefly suit instead of a suit with the handles on it will I be able to jump it completing my aff?

ahhh, get over it! the suits suck, but at least when you biff and get em all dirty you dont worry about it cause its not yours!;)

besides, if i had to wear em, You do too! muhahahaha:P

btw, were you out there yesterday??

Edited to add: just so everybody knows theyre not ALL pink just the grippers, the suit is dark blue

if I buy a freefly suit instead of a suit with the handles on it will I be able to jump it completing my aff?

Only if you buy one that is in stock at your dropzone gear store. Most custom orders take -quite- a while for delievery and I assume you'd already be off of AFF -well- before it arrived.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I have alread purchased a bonehead bomerang. Can't wait to try it for the first time. I bought it a couple months ago but was affraid to jump it because it was so cold and I had read about the lens completely fogging up in real cold weather. Finally starting to warm up around here.

I assume so -- you'd want to check with your AFF instructors to be certain, but I can't imagine them not letting you wear your own jumpsuit if you had one.

They may want you to take insome of the baggy slack somehow (if there is any). A mate of mine didn't get to use his FF suit for ages because it slowed his fall rate immensely, and the instructors (both 5000+ jumps) couldn't slow down enough to stay with him. It's just a good job he was good at staying stable during deployment.:)

This username sucks, so I'm BBKid now instead. Replies, insults, sexual favours and death threats to be sent there from now on.

if I buy a freefly suit instead of a suit with the handles on it will I be able to jump it completing my aff?

I wouldn't let a student wear a baggy free-fly suit on AFF. They fall slow enough as it is from being tense and not trusting the arch yet. A baggy suit is simply going to make their fall-rate slower. I have baggy suits for slower/smaller students, but why make it more difficult? If the student had their own, good fitting RW suit, even with booties, I wouldn't have a problem with them wearing it.

As for helmets, as long as I can see their eyes, it will protect them, they won't be distacted by it, and they can hear the radio, no problem.

Hook

Hey LukeDuke!

Let me first start of by saying that I don't know what your financial situation is but my suggestion to you would be to use your money for Jumps and don't seat the suit and equipment right now.

I come from a smaller DZ where there isn't brand new matching Jumpsuits for every student to wear either so I am no stranger to wearing girly coloured Jumpsuits to get a jump done cause "my suit" was being worn by someone else.

I have watched people buy jumpsuits too early in their student career and then a season later they don't like it because it doesn't have booties, or their fall rate has changed and they have trouble being relative in it, or now they want a freefly suit instead of an RW suit.

I think a good way to allieveate this is to jump using student stuff until you can fly and are sure how you want to.

Just my 2 cents,

enjoy the skies brother.

..It is far worse to live with fear, than to die confronting it.

:D Hmmm gotta love student jumpsuits. I did static line progression. Attached pic is the beaooooooootiful orange number I wore for about 30 jumps until I had saved up for my own suit. Also attached. It's got booties, but I am still tucking them away, until I can fly my legs properly. So far I've put six jumps in it, and haven't smeared it .... yet ....:D

Kerry

kerry_small.jpg

obs.jpg

Oh man during AFP I wore “the pink suit” several times. It was black with pink stripes and pink grippers, and it was very tight on me. But it worked well for my teacher (I’m small he is big) and it worked well for me. I wore “the pink suit” with my head held high, fore I was jumping out of a plane, and that’s just awesome. 40-50 jumps later I bought my first new to me suit and I still managed to trash that thing.

.:skip

Believe it or not dude I have been stupid enought that I have never had any of my jumps taped. At the time I felt like more jumps were more important to me than having it taped(money wise). I Kick myself everyday for not having at least one taped.I find myself addicted to every video online I can get my hands on. And I feel like I could learn much easier watching exactly what I was doing poorly during the dive. Sometimes what I feel happened up there is not just exactly how it happpened!!!!!! heheehhehe

I've heard that a training dive with video can be worth 3 without...You can always fiddle with the colour adjustment on the TV until you get something you are not ashamed of...:P

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

the suggestion at my DZ when asking around for a jumpsuit was to get something close fitting.
You really don't want to get a freefly suit because as someone mentioned above it slows your fall rate.
just get like a painter suit...hell we use our student jumpsuits when we paint our trailers :P

Some AFF instructors won't allow you to wear your jumpsuit if it has BOOTIES, it happened to me.

CrazyIvan - I can see why . . . judging from your avatar you're wearing the jumpsuit upside down . . . the booties go on the bottom. :D:ph34r::o:)

Thanks I appreciate the feedback. I have alread purchased a bonehead bomerang. Can't wait to try it for the first time. I bought it a couple months ago but was affraid to jump it because it was so cold and I had read about the lens completely fogging up in real cold weather. Finally starting to warm up around here.

hahah fogging up, that's an understatement, they f*&King ice over on the inside! and who's idea was it to put holes on the top, a slit on the bottom and then attach the thing to the helmet? i think it was one of those great drunken ideas thought of at the bars one night and then they were still drunk when they designed it
<--- See look, pink dolphins DO exist!