mysky

New PD Canopy? Any Info

Does anybody know what the new PD canopy coming out is? ie Crossbrace Airlock? New twist on an old design? It is driving me nuts! If anyone knows anything about the new canopy please post it up!!!!

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those that know how to count, and those who don't.

there are several other threads about this... bottom line is that noone knows exactly what it will be (except PD)... but it is likely to be the next generation HP 9-cell (according to certain greenie).

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

He's the rumor (I have a couple *nice* sources).

Its a new high performance 9-cell non-crossbraced, non-airlocked. Its NOT replacing the Stilletto, but supplimening PD's line of kick ass canopies. The Stilletto will continue to be produced.

Expect to see it in a month to two months.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I have been a devoted Stiletto driver for years. 700 jumps on a 135 and 200 on a 120 so far. I have an opportunity to demo a Crossfire 2 109. I will be very interested in seeing what PD comes out with, as my next canopy was going to be a Stiletto 107. I would rather deal with PD as far as quality control and customer service is concerned, as opposed to Icarus, who I have heard less than good stuff about.

Mmm.... PD is brewing up something that smells really sweet, I can definitely confirm that much :P.
As of now, only the test jumpers really know what its going to be like - and it's going to be a little while until we have the new toy ready to play with.
However, they keep coming down with big grins on their faces, so it looks like they are having a good time!
How long will we have to wait?? I really don't know, but you jumping beans out there can be sure that it doesn't go out on the market until it's been fully tested and is ready to be added to the PD flight line.
It will be worth the wait - I never thought I'd part with my Stiletto, but this new thing just might be my next canopy.... B|

Blue ones,
Kolla
Blue Skies Magazine

it actuall is the kaji for blade (see other threads about this as well) but with the context and the big "K" leaves a handfull of us under the impression that is means katana..
-yoshi

it actuall is the kaji for blade (see other threads about this as well)

I just had a look at the other threads and i found only one reference to a page with the actual kanji. It shows both the "ha" and the "katana" kanjis and doesn't tell which one is which.
From other sources, this is the kanji for katana (source: kanji of the day). The kanji for yakiba/ha is near the bottom of this iaido page. Almost the same, apart an additional stroke to put the focus on the cutting edge of the blade (it means "cutting edge").
So, apart the big K theory (it looks like an edge cutting into something :-), what makes you think that the kanji on the PD ad means katana?
--
Come
Skydive Asia

look at my sig dude. I am half japanese. I dont speak the language or anything, but the kanji means blade or sword in the context that it is being used... it is mere speculation on my part but because there is a big "K" cut into the page I would say katana, hell for all I know they can call it a watsubashi (which would in my eyes be more suited for a pocket rocket)... apart from the "K" cut into the page it could mean blade, sword, knife, sharp glass, whatever.

-yoshi

I never thought I'd part with my Stiletto, but this new thing just might be my next canopy.... B|

Kolla you should try a Velocity, Now that is a canopy!!!!

Ray,
I'm pretty sure Kolla can try a Velocity anytime she wants. She sent me 3 different Velocity's to demo before I bought mine (V103...love it)

Tim Tennant
Maggot:ph34r:

I never thought I'd part with my Stiletto, but this new thing just might be my next canopy.... B|

Kolla you should try a Velocity, Now that is a canopy!!!!

Ray,
I'm pretty sure Kolla can try a Velocity anytime she wants. She sent me 3 different Velocity's to demo before I bought mine (V103...love it)

Tim Tennant

I suggest you look up the word sarcasm up in the dictionary. Do you really think I would tell the head demo rep, from PD something like that seriously?
Also case you don't know Kolla is a very close friend of mine.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Ray,
Guess I misunderstood the intent of this forum and only hoped a new jumper would not take misunderstand what your reply to be gospel. The fact of the matter is this...too many of our bothers and sisters are dying under fully open parachutes...and NO drop zone is excluded. Too may are flying parachutes they should not be flying.

I apologize for any hard feelings you may have but here is my rationale...many people judge those who post to be absolute authorities...and many who post are not.

I will take take Ron Hill's side on many issues no matter how much grief he takes,but like Ron, I will take any and all criticism that comes my way if it educates in any way and prevents them from getting hurt or killed.

Tim

Umkay, what part of your original reply to me had anything to do with new jumpers or people making bad decisions? Actually what part of anything in this post series did that happen? Kolla mentioned a new (stilletto like) canopy, which in my opinion should never be jumped by an amateur pilot, velocities included should NEVER! be jumped by someone that cant fly them. Kolla has hundred's of jumps and is a very competent canopy pilot, so based on what I said, she is well capable of flying a Velocity.
No hard feelings at all, and I dont see why you would say that. Nothing I said had anything to do with you, Ron Hill or anything you chose to include. I did not mislead anyone that reads this forum, and in anyway try to persuade a person to jump a canopy they cannot fly. I do agree with you that people are jumping canopies they have no reason to be flying. (search my posts about Ron's idea on bsr's, as a matter of fact I have posted many times on the responsability of the jumper, with a small canopy having responsability to himself as well as everyone in the air with him) I have talked about this time and time again, on dz.com as well as with people that come to my dropzone. You are picking on the wrong person. Sorry you think I have hard feelings, I have none, I care for all my skydiving brother's and sister's.
Good Jumps to all
and be carefull.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Ray,
Hindsight being 20/20 you are correct on all counts. I was acting like a newbie and didn't do the research I should have before I posted. I'll buy you a beer when I stop in DeLand on the way to Lake Wales for the Nationals in Oct (unless you get the video job in Acupolco that is).

Tim