alain

A difficult photo to develop.

The highest jump in the world, 102,000ft up, a little cold and a long climb to altitude.... However, the view is great and pretty impressive. So, just wondering... how the hell did he take the photo... and how did he bring the camera back to develop the film??? Any ideas...

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/history/coldwar/pe.htm

I think you'll see that he didn't take the photos at all, but rather a camera mounted on the gondola did automatically.

I assume the gondola was located and recovered with the use of a radio beacon. Not really a big deal even by 1959 standards.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wonder how many points a good 4 way team could turn on that dive?

--> I think they would find that the air is "very" thin there, and their controll would be ..... tenuous at best..........at least till they got to the lower alts....

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Not to metion if you funnel thing could get hairy since the fall rate at altitude could reach 800mph. Swooping into formation is just not an option.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

This was testing for the airforce as part of the space program. No FAA allowed.;)

Colonel Kittinger was the keynote speaker at the 2001 PIA symposium in San Diego. Got to meet and greet and I have his autograph on the cover of the Life magazine that used this photo as the cover. A cool part of parachuting history.B|

Terry
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE