jumbo

300 lb. wanna be, is.... Jumbo

To anyone that may be interested. I've made the jumps. the protracker says I fall at an average of 140mph (no arch required). and I peaked at 171mph on one of the jumps. I didn't have the protracker when I was tracking, so I'll find that one out next time. The people were great. the weather, fine. the sensation, incredible... I was at a 1:1 wingload and wanted a little more perfomance from the canopy, but I'm just happy to be jumping. Also, I found out I have a lot of freefly people that want to jump with me... I guess they like that "head down" position. I'll post some pics when I get them developed.
Jumbo

Jumbo, that is GREAT! I'm glad to hear that you've begon to realize your dream of skydiving and a DZ was willing to work with you to make it happen.

Besure to cross post this in Talk Back so you can get some good ol' chatter and incoragement!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wow, your dad actually has a link to his competition (Headland) on his own web-site. That says quite a lot. (BTW can't you give your old man a better landing pic for the home page?

The Headland guys all used to work for my dad. As a matter of fact, they also got their first tandem rig and backup aircraft support from him. It's all good. As for the quality of pics on that site, I have absolutely no control. Remember, we are talking a fun "family" dropzone here. The one pic of me on there canal swooping is at least three and a half years old.

FYI: B.B., the DZ chef at my dad's place, jumps an old military MT1-XX derivative converted to hand deploy.

Chuck

To anyone that may be interested. I've made the jumps. the protracker says I fall at an average of 140mph (no arch required). and I peaked at 171mph on one of the jumps.

Cool, somebody I can belly fly with! I was beginning to think that I would be stuck as hybrid base for the rest of my life!;)

One point of advice if you do decide to go the hybrid. Be careful with your changing your arch because it is possible to cork even on your belly.

-Jackmc
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."