ifics

OMFG read, just watched real TV

I just watched an episode and it showed a short part about a guy who was doing his first AFF jump. When he was doing his COA the narrator said, "you can see his fear, he keeps looking for his instructors for their reassurance" then when he went for his practice touches the narrator said, "obviously he is terrified, he keeps reaching back to make sure his parachute is still there!". LMAO!!!! I sat there with my mouth wide open because the guy was doing what he was supposed to and they are making it out to be way different. These shows always try to make it seem SO DRAMATIC. Now you think thats bad enough, the guy chopped at around 1k or less because he didn't want to land where his canopy was heading (from what he says)!!!! He walked away with a sprained ankle.. WHAT A DUMBASS!!!! That should go down as the stupid student of the year!!!

the guy chopped at around 1k or less

Way lower than 1k. Even with his RSL deploying the reserve, the slider hadn't started coming down when he went behind the tree line. It was less than three seconds on video from the cutaway to going behind/into the trees.

Listen to the guy explain it. It happened in england, the guy had a british accent.

He said he cut-away because he thought he was going to land on "buildings, trees, or powerlines" and that the reserve would open and blah blah blah...

Ken
"Buttons aren't toys." - Trillian
Ken

Yep, I watched it too. I was laughing my ass off at the narraration. The student is doing his 3 PRP's, and they say he is scared and making sure his ripcord is still there. They froze a frame of footage when his mouth was open and they say look, he is terrified. Jeez......

That is one lucky student too, chopping at what? 200-300 feet or so?

Those RealTV pieces of shit represent the most foul people in corporate america. They dn't care about our sport, the noble people in it, the safety we all push. They only care about accidents and ratings. If we don't die, they're not interested in us. Please, don't let these pigs get ahold of any of your footage, no matter how bad you want your 15 minutes of fame.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

I just watched another one about a lady who hit the cement. Looked like she didn't cut away her main before pulling her reserve. Or maybe the main didn't completely release. Either way she was under 2 balls of shit[:/] Earth is probably a little nicer then cement:S but not by much...:|

I was watching the new Real TV with some new guy , and it completely stinks! There were videos of KIDS PLAYING IN THE MUD! Really. It was more like America's Funniest Home Videos than Real TV.

I saw one on RTV where the cameraman winds up with 2 useless balls of shit above his head. You see massive spinning - then it stops sideways in a field with the camera angle sideways looking out towards the road about 10-15' away from the field.

A few second go by...

The camera angle then changes to the horizontal position, then lifts up to a position about 5-6' above ground....

Then the camera starts bouncing up and down and back and forth and you can hear the cameraman saying "I'M ALIVE!!! I'M bleepbleepbleep ALIVE... WHOPWHOPWHOPP!!! I AM bleepbleep ALIVE!"

Then the guy's buddies pull up and give huge high-fives and hugs amidst the chatter of "YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST M-bleep F-bleep IN THE WORLD".

As it turns out, the field (according to the show) had been plowed a couple of days earlier and this guy landed in it just right on his side - 20 more feet to the right (the road) or a couple of days earlier (pre-plow) this video would have had a much different ending.

Don't watch much RTV, but this one was amazing...

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

There's something odd about a thread about how much people hate real TV - written mostly by people who support (i.e. watch) real TV. Don't watch it! I don't and thus I never care what they put on. If a lot of people watch it it does well and is around forever.

We, as skydivers, should be more diligent about where our videos end up. I'd sure like to have a talk with the dude who sent that video in. SHHEEEEEEEESh!

I'd also like to find out if he had anything to do with telling REAL-TV that the COA represented the fear in this kids face. DOUBLE SHEEEEEEEEEESH!!!!! >:(

Was the guy filming a freeflier & some narrative about one of his first few camera jumps filming this way? Lost track of alt, and ended up with a dual deployment as he pitched low simultaneous with Cypres fire? ...Chopped pretty much right away but main nearly instantly entangled??

I don't watch real TV ...PERIOD. But this sounds very much like one that I am in ;) :)

That tape has sure made it's rounds... "Real TV" now, eh?

When the camera man is jumping up and down going Un-BLEEP'ing believable, (etc.) and all his buddies suddenly come screaming up ...Does he begin to yell shit like "get the fuck away from me"?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Actually, my memory is that this was an English tourist in Florida. I remember watching the stuff about how he was reaching back for his parachute stuff. I had a discussion with a friend about this very incident.

Believe it or not, I'll continue watching this stuff. It's neat to hear my whuffo friends talk about these things. I saw the video on Real TV, and I could tell him exactly what was going on and the narrator's errors.

Know thy enemy...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I can't remember as this was several years ago when RTV first came out that I saw this. Pre SD for me, too - so I wouldn't have paid attention to the details.

But if you have the tape, you know it's your duty to post it here for the world to see ;)

- Jeff

"That's not flying, it's falling with style."

Don't watch it!

What a clever idea. What absolute logic and brilliance. What wasted breath. They're addicted, Bill. They're a bunch of narcotized sheep bleating about the recent unsatisfactory batch of narcotics they got. They're going to sit here in their privacy and have a darn good bonding session about it before they go out to buy another batch then get good and unconscious together again.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

If we don't die, they're not interested in us. Please, don't let these pigs get ahold of any of your footage, no matter how bad you want your 15 minutes of fame.

I did once see video on RealTV of the Olympic rings dive. They talked about how beautiful and majestic it was...

(I'm sure at some other point in the show they had someone biffing in or something, I just missed that part...)

--------
Benefitting from the 'free capture of verticality.'

another bad one shown on fox sports... the guy who got his canopy wrapped on his arm, and he couldn't cut away until pretty low. Its on skydivingmovies.com somewhere.
Whats so bad about is the fact the narrator is yelling "Hes at 450 feet! 350 feet!" meanwhile you can see the guys altimeter clearly at 2000 feet. :|

MB 3528, RB 1182