d16842

Gold Coast Skydiving, Moss Point, MS

I dropped by Gold Coast over the weekend and found it to be a wonderful place. Starting with the first point of contact at any DZ, the "manifest bitch", Amanda was one of the nicest and friendliest I have seen anywhere. Hell, just look at her, she is obviously friendly :).

The facility is first rate. Clean, roomy, student gear was immediately taken care of after each jump. For example, the student jumpsuits were brushed and washed Saturday, starting Sunday again fresh. The showers there have clean towels AND toiletries. Plenty of room for packing. On-site rigging is immediately available. There were quite a few female jumpers, again more evidence that if you have good instruction, clean restrooms, a little food nearby, and treat them like people instead of meat, women will join skydiving in numbers.

The DZO, Mike Igo was active, helping new jumpers with advice, and jumping more than a little. Their Otter runs with some of the lightest loads I have seen, letting jumps continue even if 18 people are not around. The staff (Paul Cozic, David Layne, et al) were actively engaged with new jumpers most of the day.

I recommend the DZ highly, and will go back.

Tom Birdwell

I dropped by Gold Coast over the weekend and found it to be a wonderful place.

Tom Birdwell

Mike Igo runs one of the best DZs in the business. I hope to get down there in the very near future to give him some business.

Blue skies,

Winsor

For the time being, Gold Coast is my home DZ, and I am always trying to get friends from far away to come and check it out. On most weekends, those of us who do RW can fit in a number of quality 8-12 ways...the funny thing is that you can look around the otter and expect to find that about half of the jumpers are females. I have never been to a DZ where this is the case. Of course, we have an excellent gear dealer on thee premises as well...:)

I couldn't agree more. I travel a lot in the southeast and I would challenge anyone to find a more friendly and hospitable DZ anywhere from the little details to the big provided by DZO Mike Igo (All toiletries are provided from Razors to q-tips and heated and ac'd Bathrooms in addition to clean fresh towels to free coach jumps for beginners) After visiting about 6 DZ's in the southeast and a few in the northeast there is truly nothing else like it. As to the females yup and wow ;).

I did level 1 AFF this weekend and I loved Mikes DZ. My AFF instructors were Paul and Jennifer. I am proud to have Gold Coast as my home DZ. Later chad

I'm SO glad to hear of your positive experience regarding Gold Coast. Thanksgiving week can't get here quick enough! GC DZ is only 30 minutes drive from my parents house! Whoo Hoo! Giddyup!;)

I'm in complete agreement!. I've travelled to a bunch of DZ's over the years. Mike and Gold Coast keeps coming up at the top of the list.

There's a bunch of Finks out thre running DZ's but Mike has been and continues to be what skydiving is about.

HIM!

Michael

I dropped by Gold Coast over the weekend and found it to be a wonderful place. Starting with the first point of contact at any DZ, the "manifest bitch", Amanda was one of the nicest and friendliest I have seen anywhere. Hell, just look at her, she is obviously friendly :).

The facility is first rate. Clean, roomy, student gear was immediately taken care of after each jump. For example, the student jumpsuits were brushed and washed Saturday, starting Sunday again fresh. The showers there have clean towels AND toiletries. Plenty of room for packing. On-site rigging is immediately available. There were quite a few female jumpers, again more evidence that if you have good instruction, clean restrooms, a little food nearby, and treat them like people instead of meat, women will join skydiving in numbers.

The DZO, Mike Igo was active, helping new jumpers with advice, and jumping more than a little. Their Otter runs with some of the lightest loads I have seen, letting jumps continue even if 18 people are not around. The staff (Paul Cozic, David Layne, et al) were actively engaged with new jumpers most of the day.

Tom Birdwell

I know wat you mean about this place. I was jumping down there for three weeks while I was staying in Alabama (taking some maritime education classes) And although I could only get one, maybe two jumps in a day because of my schedule, I met some really cool people there. It's one of those places where it's difficult to do a solo jump. You cannot wonder around not knowing people there for long. I was gearing up getting ready for a load my first day there and was almost mobbed by the friendlyness.

Gold Coast Rocks

Brian

I travel the land, Work in the ocean, Play in the sky

It sucks that they are only usually open on the weekends

Mardi Gras Boogie is coming up first week of March, I believe. :)

Mardi Graz boogie is not the first week of March, Last 10 days of February I think.

Just noticed you're from that DZ..so I suppose you don't need to check out the website..but for anyone else interested, I've let it on the post.