dkf1979

550 jumps in 24 hours 11/11/03

All volunteer ...

If I were in the area I'd do what ever they wanted to help Jay succeed. Jay is the sole reason I was able to pass the AFF certification course the first try.

He's one tough dude, I bet he gets it!
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

yeah seriously any dude willing/able to do that many jumps in one day would have my support. Hell it'd be a rush just to be a part of something like that!

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...

i was at elsinore and he was going strong he was 8 hours into it and on about 180 jumps at that time. i heard they were using 21 rigs. it was absolutley amazing. he was averaging a jump every 2.5 to 3minutes. at his current pace of 6 pm last night he would have 530 jumps made by 8:05 this morning. they were using two pilots and two planes rotating shifts. to tell you the truth..the pilots in my opinion are crazier than him..they were doing some hellacious dives to the ground and were making it to the ground before him in some cases. sorry im rambling but he was jumping from 2100 ft. it is raining pretty good right now and was thru the night so i hope he is still able to keep up the pace in the crappy weather. GO JAY GO!!!
"GOT LEAD?"

He's got it!!
534 jumps in 24h

in the rain too:S

Dave

Yes, mjosparky worked ground crew and Jay Stokes is one tough son of bitch. It rained light to heavy on night and everything was soaked including the interior of the A/C. 534 jumps without a function. Hell thats more then Mar does in a week.:P
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Jay was on the Sportscenter Top 10 this morning coming in #9 for his feat. I was sitting there eating some breakfast when I heard the word "skydiving" on Sportscenter, I nearly fell off my couch, but I looked up, and sure enough...there was Jay touching down for a landing and changing into another rig while jumping on another plane.

Very pimp stuff.

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Very cool stuff! 534 jumps + 1 "victory" jumps. Fun to be a part of even if it was pouring with rain, and I was frozen solid!:D

I ended up not riding in the plane, there were more than enough volunteeds, so I worked the air to ground radios and was a saftey making sure everyone was clear of the aircraft prior to it taking off each time. Around 3:30 or so there was a ground crew member "run over" by the horizontal stabilizer on the AZ A/C. He's ok, but the A/C is in poor shape. so the last 4 houre were done with one A/c only.

Lost about 15 minutes on the incident, and another 10 when we had to hot fuel. We were all ready to fire up an Otter to keep him going, but Jay had already got the record, didn't want to deal with a new A/C and climbing the ladder, and he wanted to take a breather anyway (first one in 20+ hours!).

I got to give it to the packers, packing up those soggy canopies! Sure made for some slow openings sometimes. Jay was superhuman, RUNNING for the airplane EVERY time! Didn't slow down a bit.

In any event, hats off to Jay and thanks for doing it. Same to everyone out there helping.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Congrats on a tremendous achievement. I did 21 jumps on my 21st birthday and I was rather tired by the end of the day. It was a cold november day too, but 534, damn. Does anyone know how much he raised for the special olypics? What a great cause and charity to pledge to.

nic