panzwami

what's the lowest you've ever exited?

What's the lowest altitude AGL that you've ever exited an aircraft?

Was the exit planned that low, or was there an emergency that caused it?

(by the way, I'm talking about sport jumps. I know military jumps are usually done pretty low.)

Edited to add: Did you go out on your main, or your reserve?

Matt
-----

Solo....1400 feet on my main. There were low clouds.

Launched several 4 ways from around 2 grand. I have the not so coveted "Vulture and Double Vulture" awards.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

2k hop & pop. Cessna load on a clouded day. That's the most we could get. I was jumping my Lightning 160 (CRW canopy). Others on the load had regular canopies packed to open at terminal, one didn't jump because she had a snivelly canopy. I don't blame her, the other people's openings looked spooky.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

When I was young and stupid, 750',:o on a bet, something about my manhood of course. On my main of course, too, only a wussy would have used his reserve. It was a cessna, doing about 100 mph, right over the DZ.

Another time was in the hills. Lost a motor in the Southern Cross at about a thousand feet. The pilot said he was making a pass of the the DZ, anyone wanted out, get out. I would say about half the lane exited (about twenty people).
blue skies,

art

Not the lowest but funny. Mid morning, weather moving in, Degullo training 16way goes up and only get 2200'. We are on weather hold for about 1 1/2 hrs so they offer up a H/P load out of the Otter. 4 of us go to the mock up to practice a 4way exit when the DZO comes over with a snarled look and say's(stern voice)"Conway, you're not launching anything! You're only getting 2200'!" In the plane, the others are trying to talk me into a 4way and I say, no way daddy's watching. So we all exit solo, me first and when I get on the ground, there he is outside watching to make sure no one launched anything. I just smiled and said, so you didn't trust me?:);)

About 900 ft using main. I have done a lot of 1500ft jumps. On this particular jump we were jumping into a party. Unfortunatly cloud base was about 850ft. To solve this problem and get into the party we adjusted our altimeters to read 1500. :)

2000' hop-n-pop. We were doing a demo over UMass/Amherst (back in '95) and we were pretty much at the cloud base.

It was kind of weird because UMass has 28+ story buildings and getting out that low almost felt like we were level with the buildings (even though we were not even close).

-Rob

1200' emergency exit on main---20 people exited a super otter 2 mi from the dz in under 25 sec.---3 resevres the rest out on mains--only 1 of the reserves was a mal----pilot chute wrapped around the neck of a newbie

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

When I was inexperienced and stupid, I got on a plane for a hop-n-pop. They thought they'd get 3500 feet. When we hit the clouds, it was about 1800 feet, and I only had an "A" license. I went because everyone else was going. The sub-terminal opening seemed to take forever. Not a bright move on my part.
There are battered women? I've been eating 'em plain all of these years...