scottjaco

Mike Mullins King Air

Whats to be scared about?
------------------------------------------------------------

That was my small attempt at humor, apparently very small;)

Actually Im really looking forward to the experience.

dropdeded
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

That bird's sick! 7 minutes to 14K, true. The worst part is when you are done with your swoop and the bird is ready for another load! Yes it lands before you do! Probably the best skydiving bird on the planet...well unless some rich kid would buy one of those concordes they are retiring...that would be a jump!
Memento Audere Semper

Right, that is why Perris (usually) only gets 12.5 because of Ontario Airport.

No.

Perris only does 12,500 AGL because there are these things called BSRs, and other things called FARs about oxygen usage at specific altitudes, and the elevation at Perris is over 1300 MSL

King Airs loose their appeal pretty quickly for me. If the pilot is good (Mike is for sure) it's ok, except for the small ass door. If the pilot is green, I wont ride with him in a KA. Not a forgiving A/C, like an Caravan or Twin Otter.

Too bad Mike doesn't have a 99!
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Perris only does 12,500 AGL because there are these thins called BSRs, and other things called FARs about oxygen usage at specific altitudes, and the elevation at Perris is over 1300 MSL

The FAR's specify that O2 must be supplied, "made avaible", to the occupents if above 15,000 feet cabin altitude.
Here in CO, the planes usually have a small bottle, near the pilot that no one uses (except for the pilot) and couldn't be used by everyoone the plane anyway.

Derek

Whats to be scared about?
------------------------------------------------------------

That was my small attempt at humor, apparently very small;)

Actually Im really looking forward to the experience.

dropdeded

Actually I got it- check my response, humor back at ya;)

Whats the difference between 13.5 and 12.5? About 4-5 seconds freeflying or about 6 doing RW. 6 seconds is nothing. RW comps only need to be ran at 10.5 since 35 seconds is all the working time allowed.

If you want to complain about 1000 feet go hang out at a Cessna DZ where 3k is a normal altitude to launch a 4 way from, they can show you how to max your usage of the air there ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

If you want to complain about 1000 feet go hang out at a Cessna DZ where 3k is a normal altitude to launch a 4 way from, they can show you how to max your usage of the air there ;)

Heh. Too true. Anyone up for getting their Double Vulture award?:ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

Has anybody here ever flown in it? what is it like? I heard there is a stereo system, I wouldn't mind listening to some tunes on the way up to altitude!

scott

I have. Just make sure you choose short songs, and you'll be on jump run before the second single is done. That plane is unbelievable!

t
It's the year of the Pig.

Whats the difference between 13.5 and 12.5? About 4-5 seconds freeflying or about 6 doing RW. 6 seconds is nothing. RW comps only need to be ran at 10.5 since 35 seconds is all the working time allowed.

If you want to complain about 1000 feet go hang out at a Cessna DZ where 3k is a normal altitude to launch a 4 way from, they can show you how to max your usage of the air there

True, but what is the price difference between 3,000, 12,500, and 13,500?

Derek

Double vulture?

Like USPA's Falcon and Double Falcon are (or were) a 4 point 4way or an 8 point 4 way.

The Vulture is a 2 point 4way from 2 grand.
And the Double Vulture is a 4 point 4way from 4 grand. (It may very depending on DZ)

I have both....Several times over.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Double vulture?

Like USPA's Falcon and Double Falcon are (or were) a 4 point 4way or an 8 point 4 way.

The Vulture is a 2 point 4way from 2 grand.
And the Double Vulture is a 4 point 4way from 4 grand. (It may very depending on DZ)

I have both....Several times over.

May I assume the Vulture is not USPA-regulation? ;)

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Hello again! I just wanted to add some new life to this thread....

I visited skydive Taft, CA this weekend. It was the best! It was partially cloudy on the drive in but the clouds were very high. Let this be a lesson! Don't believe the weather report!!!!!!

We got 14.5K on all the loads I was on!!!

Mike Mullins King Air was amazing! I love the 3 second zero Gravity just before jump run.

Skydive Taft itself has gotten a huge facelift! They have installed a pea-gravel pit, new grass everywhere so people can camp out easier and they are getting rid of the jump tickets and switching to the computerized manifest like what they have at Perris.

I must say, if you can drive to Taft,CA it is well worth the drive! 14 bucks to 14.5K in 7 minutes.....works for me!

Scott, was that you that got to stay in that fancy county owned hotel with the chambermaids that carry guns? :o

Dave and Mike have put together a great place to jump! ;) When I got off I-5 and headed west, I was wondering where Mike had lead us, but Taft now tops my list of favorite DZ's. Dave, Mike, and Corky fill all the skydiver's needs except beer and food which can be found within walking distance, if one were inclined to walk:S. There were jumpers from all over and no attitudes. Everyone jumped together and partied together. Dave is making further improvements to an already great DZ.

Good luck Mike and Dave, I'll be back!!!