chuteless

Canadian halo record

It was 31 years ago today that I made the highest jump in Canada, from 36,916 ft. Two minutes and twentnine seconds freefall, and CSPA doesnt want to recognize it as the record. Instead they claim one at about 30K.

The FAI issued a certificate for mine, and sent it through CSPA to me...and they still dont want to see it as the Canadian record.. LOL

Bill Cole D-41

congratulations. officially or unofficially, my hat is off.

S.E.X. party #1

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "f*#k, what a ride".

Geez, Bill, your tag line made me think of Sgt. Peppers... and that's even near enough to the age of your record.

I just can't imagine what the parallel to that achievement would be today so I won't even try. But I can only imagine how bitchin' a cross country plan that could have been with enough O2 ... How would you spot a round from 7 miles up?

Sanctionned or not, there's been enough made of your achievements on these pages and in Canada that your "recognized everywhere but Canada" Canadian record won't soon be forgotten. I'd like to see you "suck it up" and kowtow to CSPA long enough to get a license again, RE-DO the jump that you did ... right down to the style of gear if you could ... and then MAKE them give you the damn paper officially. Then you could quit and still hold the record that you "do" :P.

In the mean time, just get some air, anywhere, k? I still want your gis in my log... mid August is nice in Manitoba :)
-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Thanks people, thanks. The truth of the matter is that while I was a member of the association, CSPA gave me the FAI certificate which endorses the jump as the "official" Canadian record,and in the same envelope, was a notice that I was being suspended from CSPA, and they didnt even provide a reason..

Later they decided to devise a second set of records, (the CPSA records) and at that time, I was not a member, so they wouldnt allow my jump to be a part of the CSPA records.

Would you believe I was so sad for a month, I could hardly eat. Truth is I never missed a meal. LOL

CSPA has two sets of records to recognize....those endorsed by the FAI, and their own set, which excludes me. (Sort of like the ENRON of parachuting)

Oh well, live goes on.

Incidentally, I gave the FAI certificate away to Rob Price. I kept a couple of photo copies.

Anyhow, thanks for your support...I appreciate it mucho

Bill Cole D-41 CSPA licence LOL

For those that don't know Bill, here's some more reading. I found this article, but I am not sure who the author is.
Bill, perhaps you can fill in the blanks.

http://hometown.aol.com/__121b_IUmurcrau9eCNBjt4pnKPhSQ02BfYDkVCb+DuQMTjrJVYHKwldThRA==

Thanks Bill, for everything.
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Wow, I had no Idea you had done that. You never cease to amaze me with the things you have done!!

I will be so Honoured to share the sky with you when you visit my DZ in June!!

Curious.....what plane did you jump from?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
earthbound misfit

That would have been a good time to do your chuteless jump. If you dropped the rig, they would have time to radio down and send another rig up in another plane... lol

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Yes the first to be suspended for life, not only once, but TWICE.

The first "life" term was 2 years and seven months...short life span.
Then I got the longer version, 31 years and counting. LOL

Bill Cole D-41 CSPA licence also B-81 and C-76(which they cant take back) LOL