skipro101

Racking up some jumps

Im planning on going on a jump-a-thon within the next few months (probably august 20th-28th).

Im planning on blowing about 2k worth of jumps. Obviously I want to get he best bang for my buck.

The Ranch skydive in NY supposedly has 16 dollar jumps if you pay 50 dollar club fee.

considering I want to spend the 2k in about 8 days, I would need to hire a packer , presumably at around 6 dollars a jump, making the jumps 22 bucks, which is only 1 dollar more than the regular jumps at my home dropzone.

Im hoping you people can point me in the right direction to a place where I can find cheap jump tickets (like the 16 dollar new york ones) at a place that has trubines and back to back loads throughout the week. ( could be an event)

I just want to make sure im getting the best deal, so far NY is the best I can find.

thanks in advance :)

Oh, and good local coaching would be nice too, since i plan on getting it every few jumps.

If you can arrange the time, take that $2k to WFFC - August 6 - 15, Rantoul IL.

I know many people who have gotten over 100 jumps in 10 days at WFFC. There are multiple turbines to jump from - Otters, Skyvan, CASAs, Mullins King Air. There are specialty aircraft - helicopter, balloons, B17 bomber, biplane. There is loads of free coaching and organizing for belly flying, freeflying, BirdMan.

And there are 3000+ of your soon to be newest friends to jump and party with. B|

You might end up paying a bit more per jump than you would in NY, as jump tickets will likely be around $20 for the "standard" (turbine) aircraft. But you won't find yourself waiting around for a load anytime, weekday or weekend, morning noon or sunset - at WFFC the number of jumps you can make is limited only by your wallet and your endurance.

You're almost right about the ranch....its $16.50/jump if your a club member, $18.50 for non club members...and they have 3 super otters for the summer....

So this is the best deal around eh? I mean, it IS pretty damn good! Just making sure there isnt anything cheaper out there (yet that still has turbines running back to back).

How is the atmosphere at the ranch? Plenty of freeflyers and RW people to jump with there?

Weekends at a DZ might have 2 or 3 Otters flying with out shutting down, but during the week most DZ's have long shut down times and are short on LO's. If you want to bang a lot of jumps out during the week WFFC is the best bet.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

It is cheap, yes, and they are pretty much up and running all day during the summers. Lots of people around-specially on the weekend. Big variety of skill levels, RW, and freeflyers...I happen to love the ranch. Its where i started jumping, its where i spent a lot of time when I was grounded, and its where Ill be this summer....but i dont think its the absolute cheapest around...

Doesn't Lodi have either $13 or $15 jump tickets? And I know Cross Keys has $13 Wednesdays and i think $17 every other day...and also according to this post skydive houston is having $15 jumps all summer from the otter...

*daizey*

The Ranch is your best bet in the Northeast. 16.50 to 13.5k. The Supper Otters and lots of good people. If you need any info on the Ranch, feel free to PM me. I'll try to help you out if I can.

The only time you should look down on someone is when you are offering them your hand.

and also according to this post skydive houston is having $15 jumps all summer from the otter...

SDH does have $15.00 jumps now. That is the new price..thank god! I love it! I shoot video for them there and it is a blast but if you are wanting to go up during the week as well, then it will not help you too much. We do fly during the week but it is nothing like what you will need. Sounds like the Ranch or Perris is going to be the best place. After all, you might pay a dollar or two more, but you will also be able to go up all the time. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

FlyingArab
www.flyingarab.com

Doesn't Lodi have either $13 or $15 jump tickets?

yeah, it's $15 a pop and I've heard the block prices are $13.

www.parachutecenter.com
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

priceline gives 310 price for roundtrip from Cleveland to San Francisco.

I would save 440 dollars if I paid 13 dollars instead of 16 dollars.

leaving me with 130 dollars saved and I would get to visit california!!!!

holy shit I am so doing that.

I cant find much info about lodi on their website. What kinds of planes do they have and whats the jive there?

Thanks peeps!:)

They have one or two Otters, a Beech and I think they still have a king air.

Bodypilot1 is a tandem master there, he'd be a good person to drop a PM about the vibes and how busy it is during the week
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

B| Go for it dude.

I really envy you man..this skydiving is generally tough on the wallet...

Your plan is the best way to learn. i reckon, (lots of jumps in one go) but i see you have less than 100 jumps...you certainly have the money to be a "load hog" but do you have the endurance? So far whats the most you have jumped in one day...?

Just stay safe dude...dont put yourself under too much pressure to complete 100 jumps in 10 days if it means jumping for the sake of just getting another load...put in 10 jumps in a day and you could well spend the next 5 days recovering from the stress and fatigue:-)

Jumping when tired and burntout (like driving) could lead to more tears than cheers.

Be safe and good luck!

Definately a good point, but i feel confident I can handle it. I did 12 jumps in one day and I got there at noon...I packed for myself as well. I was sick of packing, but the jumping didnt do much to make me tired I dont think.

If I do this, I will certainly hire a packer.

and if I have to slow down and enjoy the coffee and only make 8jumps a day thats fine too...its all about having fun :}

Right now im leaning towards lodi. I mean, 300 bucks round trip airfair (nonstop)...you just cant beat that!! even with the 300 bucks, the 13 dollar tickets more than make up for staying at home. all I need is a tent :}

this is going to rock.

I hope there is something special going on there during august 20th-29th.

damn im getting hard just thinking about it.:P

LODI Rocks! They treated me great. My daughter loves going out there and she has only been there twice. She keeps asking me when am I going to take here back to the parachute place:)
You might want to fly into Sacramento instead of San Fran though.

Post over in Events and Places to Jump about this as it is actually what your asking instead of general skydiving. Might get a few more Ideas.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I jump at Lodi ;) 15 for single tickets, 13 each if you buy in a block of 50. 5 for a pack job.

On slower days we run the Beech all day and we get Otter loads when things get a little busier. Great place to jump and hang out! Lots of RW, Freefly, CRW and great people all around. I'm not very experienced in RW yet but I would be happy to do a simple two way with you just for practice for both of us.

Im planning on going on a jump-a-thon within the next few months (probably august 20th-28th).

For making a lot of jumps in a short period of time, the convention is the only place I've been where I consistently didn't have to wait to get on a load (except following bad weather that had people anxious to jump).

Having two rigs and/or bringing your own packer will also help to crank out the jumps.

OTOH, skydiving starts to become work after you're doing enough of it. I made 10 jumps+pack jobs one day and decided that 5-7 were more enjoyable.

Coaching in the discipline(s) of your choice is also available at the convention.