Darius11

What type of sitting do you prefer?

If you rotate your butt about 30 degrees so that your legs are facing downhill, you can interleave everyone's shoulders, and it is much more comfortable. When everyone does it, it looks kind of like a herringbone weave pattern.

What annoys me is when someone sits perpendicular, and makes no attempt to hold themselves up, leaning all their weight on me on their downhill side. I'm likely to jump up suddenly just to watch them fall over...

I like the floor... its much easier to fall asleep.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

On the floor in the hole, looking towards the front of the plane. That way I can see all the pretty skydivers. ;)
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

I love straddle benches. I agree that sideways facing seats suck. Especially the last seats in the back. Your seat keeps getting smaller all through the flight. Worst part is you can't see out the windows. A casa with the ramp open makes up for that though. But that's one reason i like straddle benches more than the floor...raise ya up so you get a better view.

Dave

The floor of the KingAir by the door in August , with the door open from 1000 to 14,000 feet, me doing the spot, flying camera on a tandem who is loving it.

For tandems, the straddle benches are pretty easy, and for upjumping they are comfortable too.

And Darius? Get back to work.

;)

When istarted jumping, our otter had straddle benches. I probably had 200 jumps before i knew there was anything else.:D I much prefer straddle benches. The only perpindicular bench that is ok is in a skyvan, at least there is room to sit on the floor after 1500 feetB| Especially when those damn skysurfers are in there, right John Rich?;):D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I do feel stupid once in while some times rightfully so :P but I think this actually is a great question. If more people like the straddle sitting then it would not cost much to change.

And no matter what the issue is (as long as no one has been hurt) we should all have some fun. I think i should add GFD sig for my self.

So now I will shut the fuck up and go back to work:D

A bitch? Actually, I'm THE bitch!

and Kelly your not a bitch
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I dont mind straddle benches, unless Im at the back of them in Hib's G92's. Because they climb so quick (15k in about 12 mins with 15 people, even quicker with 8 on board B|) they are quite steep, so everyone is trying to slide down them. It really hurts your legs having half your arse on a bench while trying to stop 5 people sliding you off. Hurts.

The Turbolet we had 2 years ago had 1 seat behind the pilot, about 6 on the floor and rest on a side bench. If it was going with 12 or less, you could sit "downhill" on the bench.

But now we got an 18 place nomad that they'll only put 14 in. Its roomy with 18, so 14 is even better. :)

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

Every plane I've ever hurled my body out of (AN-2, Turbo Lett 410, Twin Otter) has had side benches, so it's all I'm used to.

It's much more comfortable when people "lean into the climb" than when they don't, though....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

straddle? side by side? i've never even been in a jump plane with seats. :S

That's 'cause we're toug here in Oz Lainey:D
"We don't need no stinking Benches":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?