Popovitch

Vigil...

1) Change your subect to 'New Vigil Website' (or something else more relevant, the Vigil is a big topic)
2) They have a welcome page that you have to click through (see http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1393598;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread).
3) There are several pages that are 'coming soon')
4) They use the BLINK tag - I have not seen that since 1997, and it was frowned upon then.

Having said that, I have found fewer things wrong with it than the mirage site, and the airtec site (http://www.cypres.cc/) is no better.

I saw on the new Vigil website under downloads some videos of dummy droptests. Now these are replaced by a skydive of Deland Majik. Has anyone any idea why?

Marketing?

After all, who wants to see dummies? :)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

There are no moving parts in the Vigil and it is programmed to do a self check every time it's turned on. If one parameter of the self check is not met, the Vigil will not turn on.

Computer chips in the BMW air bags do similar self maintence.

~Kim Griffin
Vigil USA
DeLand Florida
-Kimberly Griffin

The Vigil fits in to any modern-day AAD set up in any rig. If you have a question about a specific rig, you may want to contact the manufacturer. I've worked for Vigil USA for over a year and there have been no issues in packing the Vigil in to any one-pin reserve container.

~Kim Griffin
Vigil USA
DeLand FL
-Kimberly Griffin

There are no moving parts in the Vigil and it is programmed to do a self check every time it's turned on. If one parameter of the self check is not met, the Vigil will not turn on.

Computer chips in the BMW air bags do similar self maintence.

~Kim Griffin
Vigil USA
DeLand Florida

Yes and there are examples enough about airbags that do not operate correct any more after some years.

http://www.lectlaw.com/filesh/tabairb.htm
http://www.airbagonoff.com/Airbag%20Recalls.htm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habit,
Especially when you are jumping a sport rig

This does not correspond with your new slogan that is suddenly put on the Vigil site:

GUARDIAN ANGELS NEED NO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

Was: GUARDIAN ANGELS NEED NO MAINTENANCE

This looks like a careful approach towards imposing a mandatory maintenance check in the near future.

Garik[:/]

This does not correspond with your new slogan that is suddenly put on the Vigil site:

GUARDIAN ANGELS NEED NO SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

Was: GUARDIAN ANGELS NEED NO MAINTENANCE

This looks like a careful approach towards imposing a mandatory maintenance check in the near future.

Garik[:/]

A bit of a leap to that conclusion.

The Vigil does a self test upon startup - if it fails, it needs maintenence. Until it does, no. I'm sure that if they found a significant number of unit failures in year 7, they'd move to suggest or strongly require a service at year 6. Essentially a mandated scheduled service. But the change in words means very little.

The Vigil does a self test upon startup - if it fails, it needs maintenance. Until it does, no. I'm sure that if they found a significant number of unit failures in year 7, they'd move to suggest or strongly require a service at year 6. Essentially a mandated scheduled service. But the change in words means very little.

Consider that the Cypres can also be just fine for the customer, functioning without a hitch, and then when SSK does the full series of tests including high/low temp, etc. it fails to meet the standards. Does this mean it would have necessarily failed to save the life of the owner if needed? No, but it does mean that the mfg is not comfortable with the self test being the only check on the proper function of the unit. The self test can't check things to the same extent as can be done at the factory.

Given the fact that some units with no self-test errors have to be sent back for a major overhaul after failing the std maintenance test series makes me not want to trust the Vigil's self test as the only check during its lifetime. Perhaps the Vigil's self test is much more complete than the Cypres', but I don't think so.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

That is the big question for the potential consumer, isn't it? Do you believe that the unit will know if it's ill? Along with do you think the unit's performance will decay with time. And last, how long must it be in service before you trust in it?

I was close to getting a Vigil when I came across a good deal on a just bought C2, so I went that route. For the same price, I think I'd always lean that way. For a $250 delta...not so likely.

Even though customers won't be routinely sending in units, I'd expect that Vigil will be doing their own testing over time...perhaps from one of the RW teams' units that will be getting a very high use rate. So even if the self test doesn't do its job, there should be data to show if the need for maintence is there.