wonderwoman30

Showering?

I haven't jumped yet, but went to an informational session at a drop zone. I noticed there were showers there, and I've seen showers mentioned in ratings of other drop zones.

I'm curious why showers seem to be involved in the skydiving experience. Do you get dirty up there, or is it from bugs sticking to you? Haha please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks

Some DZ's have places where you can crash overnight, like a tent camping area, or a bunkhouse, or similar.

Quite nice to be able to get up and grab a shower, rather than trying to wash up in the bathroom sink... :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Lot of folks will camp out or stay in the bunkhouse at a DZ Fri-Sun. In the summer months of the southern regions, it's not unusual to be sweating constantly running to and from the A/C, sweating in the A/C, etc. Also, there's places with swoop ponds where one can get muddy, etc. Then there's the beer baths, getting pied for certain skydiving goals or accomplishments.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Skydiving, especially boogies, involves camping and sometime sleeping in cars so showers come in handy!
But you do get the odd person who lands in a ditch and needs to clean up aswell!

And there's always the bugs...!;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Hi, I'm gonna guess you attended our "Skydiving 101" seminar at Skydive Pepperell last weekend? :)I hope you enjoyed it, Bill put alot of work into the seminar.
Everybody's input is right on, lots of reasons for the showers.
We have alot of staff and fun jumpers that stay on the DZ over the weekend, so everyone heads for the showers 1st thing in the morning. (Sometimes I get up at 5:45am just to miss the rush, and then go back to bed........lol). Saturday nights we usually go out to dinner as a DZ before we bonfire out back, so some of us take a quick shower at the end of the day to clean up before going out. (Spending a day jumping when its 90 degrees out can make us stink by the end of the day....you don't notice it on the DZ cuase its a wide open space, but then you get to the restaurant and everyone starts sniffing around..........lol).

Anyways, congrats on the seminar, I hope you enjoyed it and we look forward to seeing you back on the dropzone. If I can answer any Skydive Pepperell specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Blue skies, Tom

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Yea, we spend the entire weekend at the DZ as home is an hour out.
A shower at the end of the day and a clean up in the morning to get the bonfire smell out of your hair is needed.

You can get sweaty through the day.

We have awesome showers at our DZ, so it makes the DZ experience fun.

Suggestion: If you have long hair, take your brush and conditioner into the shower with you....;)

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

Skydiving, especially boogies, involves camping and sometime sleeping in cars so showers come in handy!
But you do get the odd person who lands in a ditch and needs to clean up aswell!

And there's always the bugs...!;)

That reminds me of a pre-"A" license solo skydive I made at the DZ.

I came down from the skydive and my goggles were all gooped up. I went over to my instructor and complained about the bugs. He just grinned and looked amuzed when he said....."Bugs don't fly that high!" :$

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Hi, I'm gonna guess you attended our "Skydiving 101" seminar at Skydive Pepperell last weekend? :)I hope you enjoyed it, Bill put alot of work into the seminar.
Everybody's input is right on, lots of reasons for the showers.
We have alot of staff and fun jumpers that stay on the DZ over the weekend, so everyone heads for the showers 1st thing in the morning. (Sometimes I get up at 5:45am just to miss the rush, and then go back to bed........lol). Saturday nights we usually go out to dinner as a DZ before we bonfire out back, so some of us take a quick shower at the end of the day to clean up before going out. (Spending a day jumping when its 90 degrees out can make us stink by the end of the day....you don't notice it on the DZ cuase its a wide open space, but then you get to the restaurant and everyone starts sniffing around..........lol).

Anyways, congrats on the seminar, I hope you enjoyed it and we look forward to seeing you back on the dropzone. If I can answer any Skydive Pepperell specific questions, please feel free to PM me.

Blue skies, Tom

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies! What a busy messageboard!

Yes, I did attend the session in Pepperell and I thought it was great. Bill did a great job presenting the info and I felt even more excited to skydive afterwards. Now I'm just waiting for some warmer weather, as I have a fairly low tolerance to cold.

My boyfriend (who also attended) and I speculated if people need the showers in case they "have an accident" while exiting the plane! haha! I guess not. We were never ones for thinking of the most logical reasons for things. :P

My boyfriend (who also attended) and I speculated if people need the showers in case they "have an accident" while exiting the plane! haha!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

That is why we encourage students to visit the toilet before dressing for a skydive.

I'm curious why showers seem to be involved in the skydiving experience. Do you get dirty up there, or is it from bugs sticking to you? Haha please forgive my ignorance.

Thanks

because skydivers are a stinky dirty bunch. the showers are just a hint........some take it, others dont

I once got in the plane and the whole ride up I thought I am going to piss myself any second, so I need to hurry up and get to the ground! 2 hours later I remembered that I never went to the bathroom! Sensory overload makes you forget about bodily functions, at least for me:P

Muff Brother 3723