brnnncrzy77

first jump

Show up awake and attentive.
Listen.
Ask questions for clairifcation.

This is NOT like learning how to ski where the worst thing that usually happens is you get a sore butt. You can die doing this on your very first jump, so pay attention.

NEVER stop learning.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Congratulations, and welcome to our sport. My advice is to pay attention, ask questions if you need to, and please laugh at the instructor's jokes. It can be a long day teaching to a class that has no sense of humor. :P

When you make your first jump, do everything just the way you practiced it in class, and everything should be perfect. Have fun and post back after that jump. Let us know how ya like it.

"any pointers"

Yeah - be prepared for addiction, lots of money spent on classes, rigs, etc, and entry into the most exciting sport I could ever imagine. Have a ball and enjoy. B|

Ed
"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

I am making my first static line jump saturday at skydive opelika and pointers?

Dont drink the night before. You may find that excitement and anxiety make sleep a little difficult, so hit the sack early.
Better a little bit sleepy than hung over.
__

My mighty steed

Being afraid of jumping, especially your first jump, is all part of the experience. As long as it doesn't mentally cripple you for life, being able to deal with that fear is something really amazing.

Here's a story I want you to read. http://makeithappen.com/wis/readings/tooscared.html

Today, Jan is one of our USPA National Directors and I'm happy to say, a friend of mine. http://uspa.org/contact/bod.htm

So, if you're scared on your first jump, don't worry about it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Hi crzy 77,
If tree branches are fluttering, you may have a chance of living., if the whole tree is fluttering, opt for being the sacrifice to the wind gods and start drinking beer. It is a provenfact at all DZ's that the speed of the local wind is directly proportional to the amount of alcohol consuned on premise of those wanting to take part in skydives!!! The consumption of alcohol is also a factor in cloud abatement!!!!!!!

PS Tell Buddy I said,"HI!!"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

the wind holds can be really annoying when you're at a place that often runs 10-12mph, but gusts to 16 just often enough to keep you sitting.

Until you're coming in on a 300ft chute when one of those gusts hit and you're now descending vertically, or backwards to the ground.