cpoxon

Perris big-ways

We completed a 104-way today (6th jump today, 11th in total). Interesting formation with six rooms (BillVon is in one of them). Jumped from 1 Skyvan and 4 Otters from 16,500 feet (18,000 MSL). We're going to do it again in the morning before going sequential!

Very cool....
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

We dropped to 103 people today but we held the formation for over 9 seconds on the second dive. We dirt dived the val is the best . i had to sleep next to her. second point (really cool concentric rings), and went up and did the dive. One of the lines had a break but we transitioned to the second point. It wasn't quite complete, but it was incredibly cool to achieve what we did. Then we did it again, and again it was very close but a couple of people were out. The next dive had a couple of minor funnels and then on the last dive, the base funnelled and that was a very funny jump, so no fully completed 2 point 100+ way for us yet. We have 3 more jumps tomorrow. Hopefully doing the 2 points on the first jump in the morning and then on to something really funky that Tony has dreamed up for us.

Now we are in the bomb shelter having a 70s polyester party (not much polyster but lots of 70s tunes).......

Hey Val, you rock too! Normally I hate reading touchy-feely "personal messages" in the forums but everyone needs to know how cool Val is, if they don't already, so I'm making an exception! Just arrived home and I am knackered but trying to stay awake to realign my sleep cycle. I had an awesome time in Perris. I learnt a huge amount on the big-way camp and the 100-ways and I got to meet a lot of awesome people too! ;)

Taz is a trip.

No... Taz is an awfull, nasty person. She is just fooling you into thinking she is nice... ;)

It was a great time down in Perris... too bad that asshole took a zipper out on that last dive on Sunday... :S :D

Seriously, I think we completed 4 or 5 100+ ways. And we were sooo close on a few of the 2nd points....

It was great to meet up with a lot of old friends from Alberta, the UK, Spain, Holland, and make new ones from all over too.

Oh, and Val is an awfull nasty person too.
Remster

... too bad that asshole took a zipper out on that last dive on Sunday...

Did you do that so I could remain a current sequential world record holder, Remi? You are so sweet!

Did they make you jump out of the short yellow plane?

:P

>I always thought you weren't to jump from above 15,000 msl without oxygen.

We had oxygen. Which is a bit of a pain in the butt, because then you also need cannulas, alcohol wipes, candy, replacement of tanks, an oxygen monitor etc. But the system seemed to work OK. And as an additional plus, once the systems were on the aircraft, we could go to 16.5K for other jumps after the bigways were over.

we could go to 16.5K for other jumps after the bigways were over.

Like a 50 way that held forever and ever and ever. I remember thinking....."WHy the hell didn't we plan a second point?"

Yeah, why didn't we?!? Look, we all came off two great big-way weekends in preparation for just -this- jump! Didn't Paul Haynes know this and plan accordingly? Sheesh, you'd -think- a guy just turning 50 that day would have had all his marbles in a row and plan ahead, 'eh? ;)

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

>"WHy the hell didn't we plan a second point?"

That was probably my fault. I was bitching to Jana the whole time about not wanting to dirt dive for 45 minutes. "I've spent all weekend dirt diving and being in charge a planeload of of people - you're not going to make me think too much about this dive, are you?"

>"WHy the hell didn't we plan a second point?"

That was probably my fault. I was bitching to Jana the whole time about not wanting to dirt dive for 45 minutes.

Janna is spelled with 2 "n's." Don't you know your wife's team mates' names?

Remember, Lorena Bobbitt was an amateur surgeon.

Actually, I'll take the blame for the design of the dive. Wasn't sure who we would have with us, so relied on the K.I.S.S. principle.

Blue Skies!

Harry

P.S. - at L.P., we found out tits can cause hypoxia. Ask 'Chel.
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

We forgot to order some pics of the completions... Paul: will you post them on your site for order, or do we have to deal with some underground network of shady characters (Hi Bill, hi Amy!) to get them to order them in person at Perris?
Remster