katzurki

The Canopy You Fly

Voted for the Sabre1 but, you don't think you'll get any meaningful data from this do you? What are you hoping for?

Given a large number of recipients, the data promises to be interesting. At the very least we'll find out the most popular canopies among dz.commers :P

Triathlon for everything, Lightning for offset and diamond CRW...

Damn... I can't believe we can get that many poll choices... :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>I'll second that motion

I have a Pilot 117 in my second rig and like it a lot. I use my Nitro for 4-way and general swooping, and use the Pilot for bigger stuff where on-heading openings, flyability in traffic and off-field landing capability are important.

>I'll second that motion

I have a Pilot 117 in my second rig and like it a lot. I use my Nitro for 4-way and general swooping, and use the Pilot for bigger stuff where on-heading openings, flyability in traffic and off-field landing capability are important.

I third that motion... Me like my Pilot...

Voted for the Sabre1 but, you don't think you'll get any meaningful data from this do you? What are you hoping for?

I think this will be one of the "best polls" in a while as long as many, many, many people vote...

I am very interested to see what comes of this.

So Billvon, please correct if I interpeted this wrong, but from what you wrote it sound like you are flying a canopy (the nitro) beyond your ability because you won't jump it if you are more likly to land off or in a heavy traffic situation?

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

I'm thinking it's more of a comfort zone.

I have a friend who jumps a Icarus Extreme 79 for swooping or video jumps, but will switch to a Batwing 120 for the big ways just to be more in sync with canopy traffic...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Would you get more usefull info if you added jump numbers?

Yeah, there would be interesting corellations alright, but you can't make double polls here just yet... (I could technically put it all into a single poll... with, say, a 100-jump discretion rate and up to, say, 1500 jumps, that would be 900 poll options).

>from what you wrote it sound like you are flying a canopy (the nitro)
>beyond your ability because you won't jump it if you are more likly to
>land off or in a heavy traffic situation?

Exactly. I enjoy putting other people at risk, as well. Lately I have been hoping for a premature deployment in an aircraft for that reason.

Can you pick two options? if you can could you just add options for the 15 or 16 options to allow for this. Or maybe not even so many.
How about 100 or less, 100 to 400, 400 to 1000, 1000 to 2000 and over 2000

"be honest with yourself. Why do I want to go smaller? It is not going to make my penis longer." ~Brian Germain, on downsizing

>but you can't make double polls here just yet...

If you would like me to edit your poll to allow for multiple choices, let me know. It's easy to do (although it will not restrict you to just two choices.)

I think it's more accurate if we restrict it to one canopy choice per person. Adding jump number choices will not do much as you won't be able to conclude that canopy X is being flown by Y people with Z jumps...