WrongWay

Convince me to visit your dz for a week!!

Hey everybody, just looking for some advice....

It turns out that due to vacation schedule conflicts, I will not be able to attend Summerfest (which really sucks big time), and to be honest I don't really feel like going to WFFC at this point. Since I'm leaving my job in September and I have a week of vacation left...I was thinking I might just take that week and spend it at some random dropzone.

My criteria are as follows....
1. Good freefly scene is a must
2. Coaches/Organizers would be a plus, but not required
3. Planes bigger than 182's
4. Most importantly, GOOD VIBES AND GOOD PEOPLE!

Oh, and a place to crash other than my car would be nice too. :D

So come on, talk up your dz and convince me to go there! :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Come to NorCal! We've got three great turbine dz's within a couple hours drive of each other - Davis has a PAC; Byron has a King Air; Lodi has a Beech 99 and an Otter amongst other planes - and all three are worth spending at least a day at.

All three have a "good freefly scene" - there are some amazing fliers in NorCal. For coaching, Davis has Guano and Kurt Vert; Byron has Evan (formerly of Mad Style); not sure about coaching at Lodi.

The people here are awesome. B|

And if you decide to not jump one day, there's loads of other fun stuff to do - play tourist (San Francisco, Sacramento, Tahoe and rugged beaches are within a couple hours drive of any of the dz's), go hiking, hit an amusement park, go shopping ...

Man, whats every body have against 182's. Just like a caravan except it doesn't hold as many people, doesn't climb as fast, and doesn't go as high. Other than that its pretty much the same thing. Yeah, you should definitely come to Nebraska for a week, oh, by the way we're not open during the week.

Joe.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

Titusville Florida

1. Free fly scene varies but there is always someone to jump with

2. Coaches there all the time, organizer there on the weekends.

3. King air that gets to 15000 ft in 7 mins approx and 18000 for only 5 bucks more in approx 9 mins. Plus the pilot is awesome.

4. The greatest people, everyone is extremely friendly, beers always cold.

If your jumping there , approx half a block away is a 3 bedroom house that is used as a bunk house. Its got beds with clean sheets and it is FREE. If you want to actually sleep though you might be out of luck and youd have to watch out for the alligator.

BTW if you go , say hi to the flying atwells for me.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

I had considered going to visit you guys out west, but ya know....when I leave my job, that's where I'm moving to. ;) Looks like I'm gonna be in a fun area!

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.

I would defnitely say Titusville! Lisa is right- the people there are awesome and there are 3 other dz's in the Orlando vicinity that you can hop around and visit. Split your time between Titusville and Sebastian- have fun lucky!
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

then again in a week you could travel between all the biggies, add zhills, and lake wales to the titusville and sebastion list.

And Deland ;) Zhills is quite a distance from all the rest, but probably still worth the drive.
Blue skies and SAFE landings!
~Amanda~

But he's talking about a week in September.

Florida's a great place but September is the last month I'd suggest anyone visit there.

Not exactly, I'm talking about any week between now and September 13th. B|

Wrong Way
The wiser wolf prevails.

but its still the mecca, and although its hot, those cold beers are just that much sweeter. Im from this area so the heat dont bother me as much. Now hurricanes might screw the jumping up but hey those can be fun to if it doesnt hurt anyone (great parties)
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this

My criteria are as follows....
1. Good freefly scene is a must
2. Coaches/Organizers would be a plus, but not required
3. Planes bigger than 182's
4. Most importantly, GOOD VIBES AND GOOD PEOPLE!

Oh, and a place to crash other than my car would be nice too. :D

Perris
1. Lots of Freeflyers
2. Lots of good LO's and coaches
3. 3 otters and a skyvan
4. everyones always been cool to me
5. bunkhouse $8 a night, IHOP $12 a night

And don't forget about the tunnel...
Get in - Get off - Get away....repeat as neccessary

So come on, talk up your dz and convince me to go there! :)

What have you got against coming to WFFC to see us? Man we have 2 balloons, 2 helicopters, 2 bars, a couple of Casas, otters, mullins king air a bi-plane. Geez all that, throw in a couple thousand skydivers, some free load organizing, and great parties, oh yea, and ME
We'd love to have you!
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

Go to Perris. Nationals is in September. Probally more jumpers then Summerfest and a hell of a lot better canopy control then WFFC. Might even be able to do a throw together Freefly team wit local talent ;)
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

umm... we've got kangaroos and camels on site! you just can't get that kind of treatment in the US. :D

And you shed not a single tear for the things that you didn't need
'Cause you knew you were finally free - Death Cab For Cutie

I don't know about the freefly scene (I'm still a student) and I don't know about a week, but come on over to Skydive Pennsylvania for a weekend!
Great instructors, everyone is really cool, and we have a big polka dotted Porter that gets up there quick.
It's freaking polka dotted!
Oh and absolutely nobody never ever farts on the way up :D

You gotta check Skydive Chicago out, this place is incredible.
http://skydivechicago.com/index.php

Yes. Campground is scenic, bunkhouse is fine, freeflying is world class, if you want a break you can go swimming, fishing, canoeing or horseback riding right there. Easy access to town, shops, restaurants, motels, freeway. Weather in Sept. is lovely, fast Otters, great bar and other facilities, and if you want a change of scene Hinckley is a 30 minute drive and they have a fast Otter too. No kangaroos or camels. Big swoop pond well away from main landing area, lots of grass, no desert dirt so your stuff doesn't get filthy.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.